Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,975 members, 7,942,483 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 10:59 AM

Too Much Bride Price ! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Too Much Bride Price ! (2819 Views)

Why She Does Not Deserve That Bride Price / Who Is At Fault - The Groom, Bride Or The Side Chick? / Bride Price In Imo State Now 10,000naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Too Much Bride Price ! by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 07, 2010
6000 british pounds?

the guy must be loaded

naija men and their love for the exotic.

and yet people are suffering back home o shocked shocked

anyway, na for love.
Re: Too Much Bride Price ! by jaybee3(m): 1:49pm On Jun 07, 2010
I've heard about the extortionate bride prices being collected by Zimbabweans, especially once they know the groom lives in the western world.
Just ask your parents what the bride price would have been if u decided to marry a local living in Harare.
Re: Too Much Bride Price ! by violent(m): 2:50pm On Jun 07, 2010
with that amount, she better come with all available options!
Re: Too Much Bride Price ! by queeneve: 3:55pm On Jun 07, 2010
It clear that your fiance can't afford the bride price otherwise it wouldn't have been an issue between your parents and your fiance. However, your fiance pays the bride price, you guys will be struggling financially trying to maintain ythe household. You already said that it cost more than your mortage. So it up to you and your fiance. We are not marrying you guys so whatever your fiance decides may you guys have the best of luck possible. I have a feeling that the marriage won't work because once the marriage starts on a rocky foot, it usually ends on a rocky foot. Pay attention to the signs and your parents don't give a fugg about that which is sad because if they are well off then why are they asking for a price you and your fiance can't afford collectively? Something is not right with this but then again, GOOD LUCK!
Re: Too Much Bride Price ! by kevchina: 4:14pm On Jun 07, 2010
Zimbabwean you are not telling us the real bride price in Zimbabwe. Are you telling me that all those guys that often drink CHIBUKU from morning till night also pay 6000 pounds.Do you know what you are talking about.All i know is that they are charging the guy because they heard he is MA NIGERIAN,they do believe that nigerians got a lots of money. From 200usd up is enough for bride price in Zimbabwe.I have seen a zimbabwean guy they gave his bill for the everything is around 300usd.
Re: Too Much Bride Price ! by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jun 07, 2010
brideprice billed to zimbabwean:$300 usd

brideprice billed to nigerian: £6000

OP are you highly educated or like a doctor, professor or something.

seriously though, better warn your peeps if this scenario is true, or else you might start seeing lots of zimbabwean kids with absentee nigerian fathers if that hasnt started happening already.
Re: Too Much Bride Price ! by Creamish(f): 5:19pm On Jun 07, 2010
wow . . do ur folks actually want him for an inlaw? or its their way of stopping ur wedding? undecided
Re: Too Much Bride Price ! by switchmax8: 7:07pm On Jun 07, 2010
poster,
the reason is that we have more babes than guys and some babes look tempting.the ratio or babes to guys is much we have much single babes than guys.
Re: Too Much Bride Price ! by mamagee3(f): 12:45am On Jun 08, 2010
Creamish:

wow . . do your folks actually want him for an inlaw? or its their way of stopping your wedding? undecided
Please ask that again.

Perhaps, her father wants to drive every suitor away so she would live in his house forever.
Re: Too Much Bride Price ! by lukoya(m): 8:03am On Jun 08, 2010
shocked shocked shocked 6000kini!!!!!! OMG, So na ontop that poor boy head una wan open shop?!!!! grin grin grin

but honestly ur parents aint being fair, why charge so much? seems to me u are being sold to the guy, *modern slavetrade*
Re: Too Much Bride Price ! by kpolli(m): 2:10pm On Jun 08, 2010
omo mehn, if i was ur fiancee,
na there we go end our relationship o, cos ur family wan use u hammer
Re: Too Much Bride Price ! by COco102: 2:37pm On Jun 08, 2010
that is a lot of money, shocked so is he going to pay just that, is he not going to contribute to the wedding?were they going to charge the same price if he was a Zimbabwean

i understand it's culture but to hell with it, this is day light robbery grin ;
Re: Too Much Bride Price ! by COco102: 2:40pm On Jun 08, 2010
kevchina:

From [b]200usd [/b]up is enough for bride price in Zimbabwe.

not in South Africa try $1000 up grin cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

To Ogugua88 And Romance Landers, You Should Know Who This Is :) / How To Get A Girl To Notice You? Ways To Easily Get Any Girl To Notice You / NL Ladies, Who Is Your Girl Crush?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.