Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,771 members, 7,979,660 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 01:51 PM

Security On Federal Highways And Extortion While People Are Being Killed. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Security On Federal Highways And Extortion While People Are Being Killed. (447 Views)

Thief Snatches Over 40 Iphones From Oakland Store While People Watch / Yahoo Boys Driving Recklessly On Highways And Killing Innocent Pedestrian On The / Fire Outbreak At NNPC Depot Minna While People Were Scooping Fuel (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Security On Federal Highways And Extortion While People Are Being Killed. by Mouthpis(m): 4:05pm On Jun 25, 2018
I feel so sad and terrified whenever I hear news of wanton killings in some communities in this country. When you travel and see the heavy security check points all along the federal highways collecting money/bribe from motorists. One begin to wonder if this is their primary job function or what? A trip to Jos through the Abuja-Keffi axis that is supposed to take not less than 2hrs 30min took me and my friend about 3 and half hours. The reason being that, there are a lot of checkpoints on the road with fully armed personnel. From the regular Nigerian Police to SARS to VIO to men of the Federal Road Safety Corps to Vigilantes and finally the Military guys. The big question I kept asking myself is, what are all these guys littered along the road for while people are being killed in communities very close to these points, is it just for extortion purposes On that same road, you pass through some parts of southern Kaduna (godogodo to be precise) and yet we still hear news of the killings in these same communities. Sometimes we spend hours at these checkpoints. I just think some people, somewhere are somehow benefitting from the killings going on in this country. Its so painful seeing pictures of dead bodies all the time with no one being arrested while those who have been saddled with the responsibilities to secure lives and properties are busy terrorizing especially commercial road users on the highways. Its really painful.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Security On Federal Highways And Extortion While People Are Being Killed. by kelechi50: 4:23pm On Jun 25, 2018
Things fall apart the center can not hold

(1) (Reply)

Welcome To A Country Where Human Lives Are Exchanged For Cows (Photos) / Man Caught With 200,000 Live Ammunition In Niger (photo) / Two RUGIPO Student Critically Injured In A Road Accident By SARS Hot Chase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.