Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,475 members, 7,891,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 11:43 PM

Nokia N97 Versus Black Berry Storm 2 - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia N97 Versus Black Berry Storm 2 (6369 Views)

Blackberry Storm 1 And Storm 2 For Sale / BlackBerry Storm 2 Versus BlackBerry Bold 2 (which Is Better?) / :: The Nokia N97 Arena :: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia N97 Versus Black Berry Storm 2 by latiana(f): 8:45pm On Jun 10, 2010
[qu
kayc33:

i guess you havnt handled an iphone bofore grin if not you would ditch your n97 cheesy

Who is talking about an iphone here. Don't be so dumb, eleven is comparing a BB to an N97. U can take ur eye fone some where else. K grin
folderol
Re: Nokia N97 Versus Black Berry Storm 2 by Iceugwa(m): 9:04pm On Jun 10, 2010
for me i will go for nokia. bb is only the pin. nokia has beta connectivity and all dat, i speak with exp cos i use both of them
Re: Nokia N97 Versus Black Berry Storm 2 by texazz: 10:48pm On Jun 10, 2010
Truth is, it's kinda hard to recommend either of those two phones. The N97 is nothing special, the Storm 2 isn't bad, got a lot of good reviews.

If you really want a Nokia phone, i suggest you wait for the N8. At least Nokia's finally doing something different and the hardware looks pretty good.
Re: Nokia N97 Versus Black Berry Storm 2 by lexxwiz(m): 11:02pm On Jun 10, 2010
Rotflmfao, BB wat? Dat phone is a crappy piece ma bruver, Am in Luv With ma N97 & Ma E90, U get alot of Consumer satisfaction!
I used Storm2 once,i ended up spending more 5000 evrymonth & i always had flat battery. Nokia rocks,
If ONLY NOKIA CAN HAVE N-PINS.
Re: Nokia N97 Versus Black Berry Storm 2 by tobiecxs(m): 2:09am On Jun 11, 2010
The BB is just for BB-PIN Yanga, LMAO, don't forget more importantly it gives you real time update on your mails, thats the ish mehn
Re: Nokia N97 Versus Black Berry Storm 2 by wizsultan: 6:42am On Jun 11, 2010
@ poster
it is called n97,
dont be deceived!!!
BB has failed!!!
Re: Nokia N97 Versus Black Berry Storm 2 by day0(m): 7:36am On Jun 11, 2010
shocked N97 Alllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! sorry whats BB? DUH! wink grin tongue cool
Re: Nokia N97 Versus Black Berry Storm 2 by Wylout: 10:36am On Jun 11, 2010
N97, all the way>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>but i still prefer the mini version.
Re: Nokia N97 Versus Black Berry Storm 2 by Vquest(m): 10:38am On Jun 11, 2010
Both of these phones were failures.
The BB Storm was a little bit worse, though.
No phones running the Android platform where you are?
HTC and Android are taking on all comers right now.  shocked

(by the way, the n97 mini is a little bit better, less cumbersome, )
Re: Nokia N97 Versus Black Berry Storm 2 by searchcorp(m): 10:41am On Jun 11, 2010
lets face the truth pal, nokia phones are like japanese cars, they dont have a mind of their own, , u know what people call nokia E72? they call it nokia blackberry, you know what people call nokia 5800? they call it nokia iphone, see, now i will call a nokia N97, nokia SIDEKICK! LWKMD (laugh wan kill me die!) if u want a business phone go for a business phone - blackberry! and not an IMITATION nokia!
dont mind peeps askin u to get the N97 or havent u notice that most nigerians prefer japanese cars to german cars, even if they know the truth as regards ruggedity, now i know alot of peeps will want to yab me on my comment, but for real LWKMD!
Re: Nokia N97 Versus Black Berry Storm 2 by Genuflect(m): 10:59am On Jun 11, 2010
Definitely N97
Re: Nokia N97 Versus Black Berry Storm 2 by HOLLASLYD(m): 12:20pm On Jun 11, 2010
i'd say n97
i'd also like to know which y'all prefer? n97 or n97 mini
Re: Nokia N97 Versus Black Berry Storm 2 by kkbear(m): 12:26pm On Jun 11, 2010
Log on to Worldshire www.worldshire.com
Re: Nokia N97 Versus Black Berry Storm 2 by awunoruv: 4:48pm On Jun 11, 2010
N97 and some newer versions of nokia has the chat and online mail delivery function which some think is the BB advantage.There is nothing special abt BB.
N97 is better and more robust;it can be configured such that you receive your mail on the move better than BB.
Re: Nokia N97 Versus Black Berry Storm 2 by texazz: 4:58pm On Jun 11, 2010
awunoruv:

N97 and some newer versions of nokia has the chat and online mail delivery function which some think is the BB advantage.There is nothing special abt BB.
N97 is better and more robust;it can be configured such that you receive your mail on the move better than BB.

Obviously you've never used a Blackberry device before. I suggest you nicely ask someone who has one to explain to you how wrong you are.
At least the Storm 2 uses a capacitive touch screen instead of the resistive crap the supposedly high-end N97 uses.
Re: Nokia N97 Versus Black Berry Storm 2 by Genuflect(m): 5:00pm On Jun 11, 2010
texazz:

Obviously you've never used a Blackberry device before. I suggest you nicely ask someone who has one to explain to you how wrong you are.
At least the Storm 2 uses a capacitive touch screen instead of the resistive crap the supposedly high-end N97 uses.
What is wrong about what he typed? There is truly nothing special about the BB
Re: Nokia N97 Versus Black Berry Storm 2 by awunoruv: 10:46am On Jun 12, 2010
taxazz: What gave u the impression that I have nt used BB? I'm quite convinced that I used that device long b4 u know it,if not u would have found out that BB has nothing special.Your eyes will soon be opened from ur new found device so u will be as wise as us.
Re: Nokia N97 Versus Black Berry Storm 2 by awunoruv: 10:54am On Jun 12, 2010
taxazz: What gave u the impression that I have nt used BB? I'm quite convinced that I used that device long b4 u know it,if not u would have found out that BB has nothing special.Your eyes will soon be opened from ur new found device so u will be as wise as us.
Re: Nokia N97 Versus Black Berry Storm 2 by texazzpete(m): 12:01pm On Jun 12, 2010
awunoruv:

taxazz: What gave u the impression that I have nt used BB? I'm quite convinced that I used that device long b4 u know it,if not u would have found out that BB has nothing special.Your eyes will soon be opened from your new found device so u will be as wise as us.

lol
it doesn't matter if you started using a BB before i did. I've got one. You haven't. Simple as that.
The BB messaging system can't be beaten, simple and short. 3rd party push email solutions still cannot hold a candle to BB's messaging prowess.

Look, i'll be the first to agree that the Blackberry is nothing special apart from its messaging features. The UI is dated and primitive compared to that of Android, WebOS and iOS. The web browser is beyond pathetic.
But the N97 itself is mediocre. Even Nokia admitted being dissapointed with the final product. the Symbian OS running on it is clunky, tired and riddled with inconsistencies. The touchscreen is extremely inferior compared to the flagship Android and WinMo , not to talk of the Palm Pre and iPhone.
There's a reason why Nokia's been scrambling to revise the OS for the N8's launch. And there's a reason why Nokia's smartphone marketshare has been dropping like a brick. The Nokia CEO almost lost his job over his inability to make gains in the smartphone market.
In fact, only the 5800 (cheap, mass market smartphone with good youth appeal), the N97 mini and the excellent E-Series phones kept Nokia's smartphone share this high.

The OP asked for a choice between two phones that have their flaws and their strong points. In reality, i would recommend neither of the two. Let the OP add a little extra cash and buy a Google Nexus One for a little extra. Android is the way to go if you don't like the iPhone.
Re: Nokia N97 Versus Black Berry Storm 2 by maze46(m): 2:16pm On Jun 13, 2010
Nokia N97 has everything except fridge,
BB is just what is on now and everybody wants to have one, so the choice is urs
Re: Nokia N97 Versus Black Berry Storm 2 by joanana(f): 7:07pm On Jun 15, 2010
my advice is u should add some cash n get N900. Its is far better than both fone. That fone is baaaaaaaaad!!!!!!!!!!!!. Its specs is crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!. If u r a fone freak u dont need that CRACKBERRY its not worth my 1kobo. Its just for fashion. A bandwagon!!!!! Rubbish!!!!!!!. Dude go for N900 its da boooooommmmb!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nokia N97 Versus Black Berry Storm 2 by Ralvy(m): 8:33am On Jun 16, 2010
Well, I've used an N97 before switching to the BB Bold 2 and I don't regret.
Re: Nokia N97 Versus Black Berry Storm 2 by Wylout: 3:13pm On Jun 23, 2010
Comparing ma bold 2 to ma N97mini, i still prefer d mini!!!!
Re: Nokia N97 Versus Black Berry Storm 2 by toideve(m): 8:09am On Jul 01, 2010
I've used that so called n97 for me it was a useless fone the camera is nonsense or maybe it was the screen resolution throughout my duration of using that phone I didn't enjoy it. X6 has its own madness too. BB rocks

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am Confused A Phone To Buy With 38k I Just Need A Good Phone / Best Night Data Plan That Works In 2020 / Which App Can I Use To Design Something Like This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.