Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,769 members, 7,889,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 01:07 PM

Oyo State ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo State ! (1003 Views)

Aisha Buhari Visits Oyo State, Welcomed By Ajimobi And Wife / Policeman Beaten Up In Oyo State For Allegedly Causing Accident (Photos) / APC Presidential Rally Oyo State (Live Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oyo State ! by GeeCee(m): 2:31pm On Mar 23, 2007
As a concerned citizen of Oyo State, i feel concerned for my dear state.
A state where the ruling gov has not decamped or has not decided not to recontest election but his deputy was chosen to be their party's flag bearer in the forthcoming election.
A state where just one person decides what happens in the govt house - he decides who goes in or out, who stays or leave.
Where just one person at the corridor of power is very much more powerful than the people in power.
A state where people can keep voters' registration machines in their homes and the authorities get to know but yet nothing happens.
One could go on and on listing the ugly things that go on in Oyo State.
What about the state house that couldn't sit for several months?

Please my people, when will the state be free? How? and who will set the state free? Or are we to continue like this?
You don't have to come from the state before you feel concerned. All that matters is that you are a Nigerian. As my pple always say "Oun to ba ti ba oju ti ba imu".
Re: Oyo State ! by Colonia(m): 8:21am On Mar 24, 2007
I understand your point. It is really a shame the way things are going in that state. One will think the older generation will know better by now. One thing i know for sure people in there 60s, 70s and 80s will not live for another 60 years . And when we die it is very important to know that we will never take anything with us. The problem we have is that we have laws , but these laws are for common citizens.Nobody should be above the law. I can tell you something , everybody will reap whatever they sow. That is for sure.
Re: Oyo State ! by donnymikky(m): 8:38am On Mar 24, 2007
My brother you people should match down to Molete and burn down that man's building and subject him to redicule just to show that You all have prepared for a showdown with him incase he wants to decide who the next Gorvernor is. Abi no be L, M, I A, D, U you dey talk??

(1) (Reply)

Religious And Ethnic Violence: Two African Plagues! / Is It Ribadu Talking Or: / Al-Qaeda in Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.