Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,759 members, 7,921,723 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 11:20 AM

I feel A bit depressed - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I feel A bit depressed (3818 Views)

I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! / After The Fight I Don't Feel A Spark For My Husband Anymore / Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I feel A bit depressed by spikedcylinder: 12:55pm On Jun 09, 2010
Ujujoan:

I couldn't help myself Spikes, it's hilarous! grin grin

wink cheesy
Re: I feel A bit depressed by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jun 09, 2010
^^^

Re: I feel A bit depressed by rubi(f): 3:48pm On Jun 09, 2010
People have said a lot but I will not have peace if I did not drop something for you

1"Quiters don't win and winners don't quit" smiley

2 Whenever you are disappointed by anything around you do not hurry to get annoyed
it may have been ultimately planned for your own good for after rain come sunshine smiley

3 yesterday is gone today is far spent tommorrow shall be sweeter and greener smiley

Remain blessed it is well
Re: I feel A bit depressed by Busybody2(f): 10:39pm On Jun 09, 2010
SA Lady:

My understamding of "M NOT ABOUT COMMITING SUICIDE" means she doesnt promote it, however at this point in her life it would seem the only thing she thinks about, hence the title of the topic

My sentiments too.

@ Chaircover

The melancholy in that first post is way too deep to be transient. Getting things off one's chest which she has done here is good, she is already halfway there, God is her Strength.

kelewa:

busybody

stay out of it.

Make me then angry I will defend whomever I want, including you cos I could dedude you were only trying to tell her not to trivialise the term "suicide", but got misconstrued because of your . . . ahem . . .err . . . er. . . "deep" voice, yeah thats it cool
Re: I feel A bit depressed by oladcity(m): 7:50am On Jun 10, 2010
@Aisha, my prayers are with you. Its a deep phase of life you are in
Re: I feel A bit depressed by ayomifull(f): 8:03pm On Jun 11, 2010
There is nothing i am going to say that has not been said. You are a very strong lady and has achieved a lot, keep being strong and you shall smile at the end of it all

One thing i will add though is this

You said you are not married yet? ? ? ? ? ? Please please and please if there is a reason, just one reason, why you think the marriage is going to be hell for you please opt out. It is better to opt out a minute to giving your vows than a minute after giving it.
I know what i am talking about and will say the same thing to anyone any day. If you have any reason to doubt your happiness with someone please dont be with them.
Even when you are in love and all that there are up and downs there no matter how yummy it is how much more when the home is hell?
Think about it and search your mind very well before getting in fully. We dont want to start preaching to you in nearest future to stay married because of the kids.

God's peace be with you.
Re: I feel A bit depressed by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jun 11, 2010
Re: I feel A bit depressed by menek(m): 1:13am On Jun 18, 2010
@aisha2, i felt i should as well drop few words with u. Pls be strong. The mountain u see today, u will see it no more tomorrow. I dont know why the good ones tend to suffer most time, note your creator is watching. Remember man can disappoint but God can not. He is with u just that some times when problem overwhelm us we feel his not there. He is watching and  wil never allow your effort to be a waste. I'm praying for u always. soon the sun will shine on u. Sister cheer up many good plan lies ahead
Re: I feel A bit depressed by queeneve: 4:57pm On Jun 20, 2010
This is what I tell my clients when they are feeling depressed especially women, GO GET PAMPER AND DO SOMETHING FUN. IT GOOD TO BE AROUND POSITIVE PEOPLE THAT WANT POSITIVE THINGS. WHEN YOU ARE ATTRACTING NEGATIVE VIBRATIONS THAT WHAT HAPPENS, YOU BECOME DEPRESSED, THINKING ABOUT NEGATIVE THINGS, AND THEN YOU THINK OF A COWARD WAY TO GO OUT,

GO PAMPER YOURSELF, DO SOMETHING FUN LIKE A ROAD TRIP FOR THE WEEKEND WITH JUST YOU AND THE RADIO, AND IF YOU MUST BE WITH SOMEONE GO WITH A FRIEND WHO SHARE THE SAME FEELING AS YOU, OR WHO RECOVERED FROM THE DEPRESSION, AND MAKE SURE THAT YOU TAKE SOME SOUL BUILDING MUSIC IT AND WRITE DOWN ALL OF YOUR PAINS AND ANGER AND BURN THE PAPER AT NIGHT AND SCREAM, I WILL NOT ALLOW THIS DARKNESS TO CONSUME MY LIFE AND THEREFORE FROM THIS DAY FORWARD NOTHING BUT POSITIVE VIBRATIONS WILL CONSUME MY LIFE.

IT WORKS GIRL!
Re: I feel A bit depressed by Bestglo(f): 4:38pm On Jun 21, 2010
@ aisha, hope u feel better now? didn't see this topic early. all the same there is nothing i could have said that hasn't been said

pls be strong as the light will shine again,
u mean a lot to lots of people and above all, u mean a lot to God,he knows all about your stuggles & he will definitely see u tru it all and u will come out singing for joy amen
Re: I feel A bit depressed by spikedcylinder: 4:57pm On Jun 21, 2010
Yea, Aisha, how do you feel?
Re: I feel A bit depressed by maxharry(m): 4:52am On Jun 25, 2010
You can still make it because the sky will never be ur limit!!!
Re: I feel A bit depressed by whiteroses(f): 1:18pm On Jun 25, 2010
ithink people pass through this stage of life i know my parents did just keep trying you'll get there somehow
Re: I feel A bit depressed by mbulela: 3:27am On Jun 30, 2010
Re: I feel A bit depressed by mylove4him(f): 1:06am On Jul 02, 2010
The worst thing that can happen to someone is to spend his or her life with the wrong person. A broken courtship is better than a broken marriage.
Re: I feel A bit depressed by GIBSONreal: 5:40am On Aug 24, 2010
hello truphie i wuldlike to get to know u
Re: I feel A bit depressed by zenatta: 2:09pm On Aug 24, 2010
@ POSTER
just saw this post

for fear of sounding condescending, I hope this is real. Cos if it is I will truthfully tell you that it would get lots worse before it gets better, Once suicide has been contemplated then you are far gone. I have not read the other posts. I would like to so give me time. I am not an expert but do qualify as one cos I am nay was a sufferer. Its like I wrote that post, I wish we would talk, I promised to help anyone in this position, where I had been and had been damaged seriously . I really would love that we talk but cant give my no. here, cos some who don't know the gravity of your problem would call and pester me.

Do not give up on prayer. Talk candidly to God.

I'd love to speak with you. Don't kill yourself ok
Re: I feel A bit depressed by agabaI23(m): 3:28pm On Aug 24, 2010
yes
Re: I feel A bit depressed by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 25, 2010
Thanks you all, everything has worked out for good, maybe i needed to cry out because God seems to have heard all your prayers, everything that was wrong has been restored seven times over and more, Career wise am soaing high, my relationship God has mended and restored to a level i can not even explain, the sudden change can only be attributed to God.
Thank you all brothers and sister
Re: I feel A bit depressed by Hubcool: 12:01pm On Aug 25, 2010
Re: I feel A bit depressed by Nobody: 12:05pm On Aug 25, 2010
Hubcool:

That's great to hear smiley
[img]http://s04.flagcounter.com/count/JPIn/bg=FFFFFF/txt=FFFFFF/border=FFFFFF/columns=1/maxflags=1/viewers=3/labels=0/pageview=0[/img]
Thanks for all your prayers, It got me through, cant say thank you enough
Re: I feel A bit depressed by tsmith(f): 4:13pm On Aug 26, 2010
Am sure glad you are better girl!

I rarely comment, but i know you fairly well and greatly admire you! You are doing what I yearn to do, but keep pushing off, ie giving your heart, time etc to others.

A thought also occured to me, that your line of work (the orphanage) might be exposing you to ills of the world. I know how frustrated and moved i get at a sad situation (especially child abuse and neglect) or a situation that fails to work (i.e Nigeria).

I believe in additon to compassion (which you have in leaps and bounds) you need to have be a strong but discerning mind, whereby you are able to put empathy to one side and make balanced decision. Also you need to learn to make your job seperate from your personal life/thinking. Dont carry these thoughts to bed.

You are on a great path to full discovery, as the 1st step is identifing and accepting there is a problem.

You know yourself best and know what solutions will work best for you; ideas are: work less, take a holiday without any baggage that will remind you of your issues or problems, could be your phone, could be to make yourself unavailable to anything or anybody that could add to your worry.  Some time away helps greatly in getting a different perspective to things, you kinda look at it from someone elses angle!

We all are human, while you are saving the world, you have your own issues too, so maybe you should share these more, Like you did on NL (though you didnt delve into much details)and also never put your problems aside in order to resolve someone else's.

A good pamper will do too, albeit momentous - A good meal/outing, doing something fun or new, shopping, treat yourself to that bag, shoe, gold whatever tickles your fancy.

I was down similar roads very recently, but i nipped it in the bud, did some of the suggestions above and i know i aint treading those roads again, as I have successfullly identified what got me there in the first instance and i have save guarded myself so these dont happen again.

Another key one is sometimes we try to fill the vacuum in our hearts with what we think we need, but yet feel so empty, but until we start to fill it with God, who inturn fills our life with the neccessary things! thank God you found him again!!!

Much love, remember, I for one love you, a lot of ppl on NL do and most of all God does.
Re: I feel A bit depressed by Nobody: 3:54am On Aug 27, 2010
tsmith:

Am sure glad you are better girl!

I rarely comment, but i know you fairly well and greatly admire you! You are doing what I yearn to do, but keep pushing off, ie giving your heart, time etc to others.

A thought also occured to me, that your line of work (the orphanage) might be exposing you to ills of the world. I know how frustrated and moved i get at a sad situation (especially child abuse and neglect) or a situation that fails to work (i.e Nigeria).

I believe in additon to compassion (which you have in leaps and bounds) you need to have be a strong but discerning mind, whereby you are able to put empathy to one side and make balanced decision. Also you need to learn to make your job seperate from your personal life/thinking. Dont carry these thoughts to bed.

You are on a great path to full discovery, as the 1st step is identifing and accepting there is a problem.

You know yourself best and know what solutions will work best for you; ideas are: work less, take a holiday without any baggage that will remind you of your issues or problems, could be your phone, could be to make yourself unavailable to anything or anybody that could add to your worry. Some time away helps greatly in getting a different perspective to things, you kinda look at it from someone elses angle!

We all are human, while you are saving the world, you have your own issues too, so maybe you should share these more, Like you did on NL (though you didnt delve into much details)and also never put your problems aside in order to resolve someone else's.

A good pamper will do too, albeit momentous - A good meal/outing, doing something fun or new, shopping, treat yourself to that bag, shoe, gold whatever tickles your fancy.

I was down similar roads very recently, but i nipped it in the bud, did some of the suggestions above and i know i aint treading those roads again, as I have successfullly identified what got me there in the first instance and i have save guarded myself so these dont happen again.

Another key one is sometimes we try to fill the vacuum in our hearts with what we think we need, but yet feel so empty, but until we start to fill it with God, who inturn fills our life with the neccessary things! thank God you found him again!!!

Much love, remember, I for one loves you, a lot of ppl on NL do and most of all God does.

Thank you so much, God Bless, keep and reward you in all you do
Re: I feel A bit depressed by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 27, 2010
i am glad you are ok and doing better once a while we all reach rockbottom level emotionally physically and even sometimes materially its part of life.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Men I Need Your Help? / Would You Choose Your Present Family In A Second Life? / I Love Being Alone. Is This Normal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.