Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,886 members, 7,942,220 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 01:34 AM

Nigeria Penalty Claim: Was Referee Wrong Over VAR Decision? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Penalty Claim: Was Referee Wrong Over VAR Decision? (1140 Views)

Joey Barton Slams Klopp As "Wrong" Over Stance On Signing Unvaccinated Players / Cameroon Accuse FIFA Of Racism Over VAR - Players Cry At Half-time / Too Late!! Cristiano Ronaldo Tells Real Madrid They Were Wrong Over Alv Morata (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Penalty Claim: Was Referee Wrong Over VAR Decision? by Mandynews(f): 10:22pm On Jun 26, 2018
NIGERIA and Argentina played out a mesmerising match in the World Cup tonight - but should Nigeria have been given a penalty?
Nigeria pleased for the referee to consult VAR, only for him to reject the penalty claims anyway

So, should Nigeria have been awarded a penalty? Leave your view in the comments section below…

Source: http://mandynews.com/2018/06/26/was-referee-wrong-over-var-decision/

Re: Nigeria Penalty Claim: Was Referee Wrong Over VAR Decision? by swiz123(m): 10:22pm On Jun 26, 2018
Today I realized that Nigerians are really stupid. When someone jumps up to head the ball, his arms must inevitably be raised. If Marcos rojo mistaken headed the ball to his arm, so what? Did he block a goal? Hell! He even present ighalo with a glorious opportunity to score.

The ref was fair in this game. Most referees won't give that penalty to Nigeria cos that was really soft. It's such a shame that we were glamouring for another cheap penalty to save our ass.

An average team would have ripped Argentina apart considering their anxiousness to score.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Penalty Claim: Was Referee Wrong Over VAR Decision? by Mandynews(f): 10:24pm On Jun 26, 2018
More lalasticlala

Re: Nigeria Penalty Claim: Was Referee Wrong Over VAR Decision? by daben1(m): 10:28pm On Jun 26, 2018
VAR is not for African countries.. Bleep all these whites and Bleep Ighalo too, #fifaworldcup say no to Racism!
Re: Nigeria Penalty Claim: Was Referee Wrong Over VAR Decision? by Orangina(m): 11:39pm On Jun 26, 2018
Nigerians should not worry at all .this their VAR go carry their legs out for public. they never see chumchin.
Re: Nigeria Penalty Claim: Was Referee Wrong Over VAR Decision? by maximilano: 12:57am On Jun 27, 2018
swiz123:
Today I realized that Nigerians are really stupid. When someone jumps up to head the ball, his arms must inevitably be raised. If Marcos rojo mistaken headed the ball to his arm, so what? Did he block a goal? Hell! He even present ighalo with a glorious opportunity to score.

The ref was fair in this game. Most referees won't give that penalty to Nigeria cos that was really soft. It's such a shame that we were glamouring for another cheap penalty to save our ass.

An average team would have ripped Argentina apart considering their anxiousness to score.
if it were to be a Nigerian defender that did that I'm 100% sure that the penalty will be awarded.
Re: Nigeria Penalty Claim: Was Referee Wrong Over VAR Decision? by aroundnaija: 3:27am On Jun 27, 2018
maximilano:

if it were to be a Nigerian defender that did that I'm 100% sure that the penalty will be awarded.

Exactly my point bro
Re: Nigeria Penalty Claim: Was Referee Wrong Over VAR Decision? by Lordcenturion2(m): 4:14am On Jun 27, 2018
Not a pk.... People that shatterd our hope...

1. Rohr (he didn't read the game, no single sub to for tired players while Argentina has already injected 3 fresh players and mounting more pressure especially on inexperience mediocre idowu side while the like of echiejile and ebuechi still on bench,some of our players a tired but he just fold his arms, nothing was done to suppress the pressure but d dude make sub at 90 minutes and wasting more time of his players with wrong sub) out of 5 African at d World Cup, only Nigeria hired foreign coach that doesn't have good profile while we still have experienced former players like siasia, Rohr didn't feel our pain right now because he's not Nigerian, we've matured enough to hire our former players as a coach ,No mater how, Rohr will go back to his country,I didn't support his appointment in the first place over our own made coaches because of his poor profile but I don't know y nff pick him..

2. Ighalo

3. Kelechi
Re: Nigeria Penalty Claim: Was Referee Wrong Over VAR Decision? by swiz123(m): 6:58am On Jun 27, 2018
maximilano:

Let's leave sentiment apart, that first penalty was really soft. Balogun wasn't even going to head the ball.

A bias referee would have sent balogun off for clipping di maria whom was running through on goal.

Just because he didn't award a second penalty now makes him a racist? -- come on.. That's harsh to say.

Marcos rojo didn't block a goal with that hand ball; he even presented that fool with a glorious chance
Re: Nigeria Penalty Claim: Was Referee Wrong Over VAR Decision? by otokx(m): 7:01am On Jun 27, 2018
The referee was right, even the penalty he awarded Nigeria was not convincing - a tall man leaned on Macherano and literally fell on him.
Re: Nigeria Penalty Claim: Was Referee Wrong Over VAR Decision? by Dedetwo(m): 12:00am On Jun 28, 2018
otokx:
The referee was right, even the penalty he awarded Nigeria was not convincing - a tall man leaned on Macherano and literally fell on him.

You are daftly wrong!!! I guess soccer players should start kicking the ball to their hands. If USA was in the position of Nigeria, the referee will not be allowed to officiate any soccer match organized by FIFA. It is unfortunate that Africans are not respected on the world stage due to their crass naiveté.
Re: Nigeria Penalty Claim: Was Referee Wrong Over VAR Decision? by PamaB(m): 7:42am On Jun 28, 2018
Most Nigerians use their emotions while watching football and ignore their brain. Macros Rojo's hand was practically immovable. If you hand is in an immovable position it's not a penalty. Rojo did not use his hand to block a goal bound shot.The penalty Nigeria got was not a deserved penalty. Failures will always look for excuses so I'm not surprised.

(1) (Reply)

Match Day 5 UEFA Champions League Fixtures: PSG Host Liverpool / Eden Hazard confirmed as Real Madrid's new number 7 / I Cried In My Debut For Nigeria Against Brazil – Super Eagles Goalkeeper, Maduka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.