Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,606 members, 7,968,773 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 12:32 PM

Rooney Completes Move To MLS Side DC United - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rooney Completes Move To MLS Side DC United (293 Views)

Victor Osimhen Said He Would Rather Go To MLS Than Join The Saudi Pro League / Lionel Messi Is Heading To MLS, Decides To Join Inter Miami / Tammy Abraham Completes Move From Chelsea To Roma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rooney Completes Move To MLS Side DC United by olamariamjonez(m): 10:22pm On Jun 28, 2018
Everton striker Wayne Rooney has signed a three-and-a-half-year deal with Major League Soccer club DC United.

He will officially complete his move when the US mid-season transfer window opens on 10 July.

There is no transfer fee but it is understood DC United have agreed a compensation package with the Toffees.

The 32-year-old's deal is worth £10m, meaning he becomes the highest paid player in DC United's history.

Everton and DC United made the announcement simultaneously on Thursday afternoon.

Rooney will make his debut when the club open their new 20,000-capacity Audi Field Stadium on 14 July.

"Moving to America and MLS fulfils another career ambition for me," Rooney told the club website.

"I have the hunger to be a success here and will give DC 100% - as I have always done for every team I have ever played for. Now I can't wait to get on the pitch in a United shirt and join my new teammates to bring success to this club."

More: https://hi247.com.ng/2018/06/28/rooney-completes-move-to-mls-side-dc-united/

(1) (Reply)

NFF Appoints Ikpeme Acting Gen. Sec., Postpones League Resumption / Awww…. This Is So Cute! Kids Re-enacted The World Cup Final Match / Africa’s Richest Man Aliko Dangote Reveals Plan For Arsenal Takeover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.