Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,814 members, 7,879,521 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:35 PM

Practical Goat/Sheep Farming In Nigeria - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Practical Goat/Sheep Farming In Nigeria (13080 Views)

Goat & Sheep Manager or Buyer In Large Quantity Needed / World’s Most Expensive Sheep Auctions At £367,500 / 2 Day Theory And On Farm Practical Goat Farming Training (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Practical Goat/Sheep Farming In Nigeria by dagreat4(f): 4:41am On May 10, 2020
good job
Re: Practical Goat/Sheep Farming In Nigeria by konews: 6:23pm On May 12, 2020
Re: Practical Goat/Sheep Farming In Nigeria by mfm04622: 1:42am On May 14, 2020
vikacydevato:
New arrivals !

All about sheep farming...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1saE7BoI7M

Hello,

Can you please help me with the dimensions of the wooden feeder?
Thank you
Re: Practical Goat/Sheep Farming In Nigeria by vikacydevato(m): 7:20pm On May 18, 2020
mfm04622:

Hello,

Can you please help me with the dimensions of the wooden feeder?
Thank you

Use any measurement.
You can do 2x8
Or 3x12 for a larger space.
Make as many as possible and put them in different areas of the pen so that they can all eat. If it is just one and they over crowd it, the weak ones may not be able to eat.
Hope you know that we sometimes hang the grasses?
Re: Practical Goat/Sheep Farming In Nigeria by mfm04622: 1:27am On May 19, 2020
vikacydevato:

Use any measurement.
You can do 2x8
Or 3x12 for a larger space.
Make as many as possible and put them in different areas of the pen so that they can all eat. If it is just one and they over crowd it, the weak ones may not be able to eat.
Hope you know that we sometimes hang the grasses?

Thank you very much
Re: Practical Goat/Sheep Farming In Nigeria by vikacydevato(m): 5:21am On May 19, 2020
Goat Farming in Africa.
First, build your goat house/pen/barn according the nature of your environment (I will explain this, in another video). Then make sure there is enough playing area for your goats/sheep.

Do not release the ones that just kidded, at the same time with others to avoid stampede.

For those asking if there is market for goats:
Note that, we find it very difficult to meet up to demand. May this December meet you, as a goat farmer!

Most of the bucks/billies/males have been sent to different farms for active duties. Lol!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUSKqbY6wpo
Re: Practical Goat/Sheep Farming In Nigeria by bowofola111: 6:46pm On May 22, 2020
How much will I be able to buy 1female and 1male goat If starting?
Re: Practical Goat/Sheep Farming In Nigeria by Mayorsky07(m): 9:09pm On May 23, 2020
I bought a doe on monday,she's doing fine.. Although I wana start with backyard rearing,because of financial capacity. But I dnt really knw the breed,I bought it 4rm an hausa man..I shall add one doe next week
Re: Practical Goat/Sheep Farming In Nigeria by vikacydevato(m): 9:14pm On May 23, 2020
bowofola111:
How much will I be able to buy 1female and 1male goat If starting?

The prices of goats depends on so many factors:
1. Location
2. The financial need of the farmer
3. The breed
4. The viability of the goat
5. The size
6. The productivity of the goat ( some goats give birth to just one kid, some to two and others 3)
7. Some people even consider the colour ( a pure black male goat is usually more expensive than other colours)
8. The seasons/period, etc.

When you want to buy goats, go for the particular goat you want and bargain price with the farmer.
Generally, an average Nigerian Dwaft Goat costs between 7,000 to 25,000
Re: Practical Goat/Sheep Farming In Nigeria by vikacydevato(m): 9:18pm On May 23, 2020
Mayorsky07:
I bought a doe on monday,she's doing fine.. Although I wana start with backyard rearing,because of financial capacity. But I dnt really knw the breed,I bought it 4rm an hausa man..I shall add one doe next week

When you want to start your farm, go for breeds the are highly disease resistant and can do well in your environment. Later , you can begin to try out other breeds, with the experience you have gathered.

Please, try and get another doe, so that she will not be lonely.
Re: Practical Goat/Sheep Farming In Nigeria by vikacydevato(m): 9:20pm On May 23, 2020
The farm has been so blessed this period with bucklings. The more we ship them out, the more the does give birth to more bucklings.
If your farm needs a healthy and active buck (male goat) Let us know.
It is the does that make your farm grow. One billy is enough to serve 30 does.

How I wish they were all does!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeBnRU8hc0k
Re: Practical Goat/Sheep Farming In Nigeria by Mayorsky07(m): 10:13pm On May 23, 2020
vikacydevato:

When you want to start your farm, go for breeds the are highly disease resistant and can do well in your environment. Later , you can begin to try out other breeds, with the experience you have gathered.

Thanks bro, I actually do take her out in the morning so as to play with other goats within the neighbourhood then returned her to her wood in the night,bt shes too stubborn

Re: Practical Goat/Sheep Farming In Nigeria by Mayorsky07(m): 10:18pm On May 23, 2020
vikacydevato:

Please can u identify the breed

Re: Practical Goat/Sheep Farming In Nigeria by vikacydevato(m): 10:43pm On May 23, 2020
Mayorsky07:
Thanks bro, I actually do take her out in the morning so as to play with other goats within the neighbourhood then returned her to her wood in the night,bt shes too stubborn

Both of you will get to know each other, soon.
She is till very knew in that environment.
Re: Practical Goat/Sheep Farming In Nigeria by vikacydevato(m): 10:44pm On May 23, 2020
Mayorsky07:
Please can u identify the breed

Although, the photo is not clear. But, from the colour, it looks like a Boer goat.

1 Like

Re: Practical Goat/Sheep Farming In Nigeria by Mayorsky07(m): 10:53pm On May 23, 2020
vikacydevato:

Although, the photo is not clear. But, from the colour, it looks like a Boer goat.
. Am gonna borrow an android phone to take her pic clearly..cos i want to knw the breed
Re: Practical Goat/Sheep Farming In Nigeria by vikacydevato(m): 6:29am On May 24, 2020
Mayorsky07:
. Am gonna borrow an android phone to take her pic clearly..cos i want to knw the breed

Alright!
Re: Practical Goat/Sheep Farming In Nigeria by vikacydevato(m): 10:49am On May 24, 2020
Gadgetmobil:
Do you have a vaccination schedule?

For goat medication, use our Call/WhatsApp line: 08066 1945 62
Re: Practical Goat/Sheep Farming In Nigeria by Mayorsky07(m): 1:11pm On May 24, 2020
vikacydevato:

Alright!
good afternoon bro,how has been your day. This is the clear picture of the goat

Re: Practical Goat/Sheep Farming In Nigeria by bowofola111: 1:56pm On May 24, 2020
vikacydevato:

The prices of goats depends on so many factors:
1. Location
2. The financial need of the farmer
3. The breed
4. The viability of the goat
5. The size
6. The productivity of the goat ( some goats give Birth to just one kid, some to two and others 3)
7. Some people even consider the colour ( a pure black male goat is usually more expensive than other colours)
8. The seasons/period, etc.

When you want to buy goats, go for the particular goat you want and bargain price with the farmer.
Generally, an average Nigerian Dwaft Goat costs between 7,000 to 25,000
Thanks Sir
Re: Practical Goat/Sheep Farming In Nigeria by Nnabude2: 3:50pm On May 24, 2020
Kudos, you are too much sir
Re: Practical Goat/Sheep Farming In Nigeria by vikacydevato(m): 12:06pm On May 27, 2020
Mayorsky07:
good afternoon bro,how has been your day. This is the clear picture of the goat

This is a red sokoto cross with a Boer.

It has some features of the Boer and that of the red sokoto.
The colour is that of Boer. But the ears are those of the red S. The ears of the Boer are normally fallen.

Therefore, I feel it is as cross breed of Red S. And Boer.
Re: Practical Goat/Sheep Farming In Nigeria by aremuforlife(m): 8:54pm On May 27, 2020
[/quote][quote author=vikacydevato post=89896123]

Alright!
Good evening bros, I enjoyed this thread. I want you to work me through goat rearing
Re: Practical Goat/Sheep Farming In Nigeria by vikacydevato(m): 9:29pm On May 27, 2020
aremuforlife:

Good evening bros, I enjoyed this thread. I want you to work me through goat rearing

God bless the works of our hands.

For practical goat farming, reach us on our call/WhatsApp line.
Re: Practical Goat/Sheep Farming In Nigeria by vikacydevato(m): 1:04pm On May 29, 2020
Goat Medication.

The rains are here.
This is the period your goats may fall sick easily.
Be prepared.
Make sure all their medications are handy.
Proper farm management is highly needed at this time.
All the best!

Re: Practical Goat/Sheep Farming In Nigeria by vikacydevato(m): 8:19pm On May 29, 2020
Crossbreeding process taking place.
If you look very well , you will see that the first set we tried was successful. That buckling (baby male goat) there, is a crossbreed of the Nigerian dwarf goat doe and a red sokoto buck/billy.

The ones we are crossing now are expected to kid during the dry season (November/December).

We always advise that you start with a breed that is highly disease resistant and can do well in your area and gradually introduced other breeds or cross with other breeds.

Remember that there are things you need to learn for crossbreeding to be successful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYhbqhdOd_w
Re: Practical Goat/Sheep Farming In Nigeria by vikacydevato(m): 1:29pm On May 31, 2020
dagreat4:
good job

Thanks!
God bless the works of our hands.
Re: Practical Goat/Sheep Farming In Nigeria by vikacydevato(m): 1:42pm On Jun 12, 2020
Observe your goats daily, so that, you can detect the sick ones on time and treat them. Losing one goat is equal to losing 6 goats.

For training on goat treatment, call/WhatsApp: 0806 6194 562

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKW00kfGYM0
Re: Practical Goat/Sheep Farming In Nigeria by vikacydevato(m): 5:22pm On Jun 12, 2020
We have treated this one that was sick last two weeks, and the 2 Red Sokoto we brought in, have acclimatised, already.

For treatment of sick goats and general goat farm management, Call/WhatsApp: 080661 94 562

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnMpferNhX4
Re: Practical Goat/Sheep Farming In Nigeria by vikacydevato(m): 2:35pm On Jun 28, 2020
Nnabude2:
Kudos, you are too much sir

God bless you, Sir!
Re: Practical Goat/Sheep Farming In Nigeria by Rahmaan: 12:35am On Jul 02, 2020
Mayorsky07:
it's a boer but 60% not a 100% boer

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Successfully Rear Local Chickens/fowls For Money / How Yam Farming Can Contribute To Our Economic In Nigeria / Turkey Production In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.