Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,846 members, 7,902,680 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 02:21 PM

Miyan Kuka: How To Prepare Delicious Nigerian Miyan Kuka| Baobab Leaf Soup - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Miyan Kuka: How To Prepare Delicious Nigerian Miyan Kuka| Baobab Leaf Soup (3920 Views)

Bitter Leaf Soup Simplified With Step By Step Pics / 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Miyan Kuka: How To Prepare Delicious Nigerian Miyan Kuka| Baobab Leaf Soup by vinegurl(f): 9:00am On Jun 29, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHNpfY9OtE4

Miyan Kuka is one the simplest northern soups, this soup is made using dried baobab leaves, the leaves are usually sun dried and then grind into powder consistency.
The baobab leaf then serves as a thickener for soup once it is dried. Myan kuka is also called Luru soup; Miyan means Soup in Hausa while Kuka means baobab leaves.

If you want to enjoy your miyan kuka, add enough spices to your meat to cook so that it will serve as a tasty stock for miyan kuka. However, the amount of kuka powder you used in this soup should depend on the consistency you love. I love miyan kuka moderately thick and not watery like some people. Feel free to adjust the soup to your preferred consistency. Kuka may contain few tiny particles, don’t forget to sift the kuka powder before adding it to the soup.

Check out the video above and read out the full article here: http://www.jotscroll.com/forums/15/posts/194/miyan-kuka-recipe-luru-soup-benefits-of-baobab-leaves-soup.html

Miyan kuka tastes a lot better, the longer it sits. To me, it taste better the next day, you are sure free to scoop some into the freezer to be enjoyed as lunch whenever you want to eat a simple soup.

Ingredients for miyan Kuka

• 3 tablespoons of baobab leaf powder (Kuka)
• ½ kg of bone-in beef (Nama da kasha)
• 3 medium catfish (Busheshen Kifi)
• 3 cloves of garlic
• 1 small sized ginger (Cita)
• 1 medium sized onion (Albasa)
• 1 tablespoon ground crayfish
• 3 caked disk locust beans (dawadawa )
• 2 stock cubes
• 2 Scotch bonnet (Atarugu)
• 1 cooking spoon palm oil (Mai Ja)
• Salt to taste (Gishiri)

Simple Steps to Prepare Miyan Kuka (Baobab Soup)

1. Bring the kuka powder into fine colander and sift to get ride tiny particles of leaves.
2. Chop onion, crush garlic, ginger and pepper and set all aside, Rinse catfish with salted water and remove the centre bones if you want.
3. Rinse the beef into a pot, season with half part of onion, pepper, ginger, 1 stock cube and salt, add water to the meat and bring to a boil.
4. After 15 minutes, add more water to the meat and cook until tender.
5. Add the ground crayfish, the remaining garlic, ginger stock cube, crushed dawadawa and 1 cooking spoon of palm oil.
6. Add the dried catfish to the soup and leave it to simmer on medium heat while you enjoy the fantastic aroma that comes from it.
7. Taste the soup and adjust any required ingredient. Use a spoon to remove all the meat and fish into a bowl, leaving the empty stock on
medium heat. The essence of taking out the fish and meat is to give you enough space to whisk the kuka so that you don’t end up with a
lumpy
soup, otherwise there will be no need for that.
8. Add the ground kuka preferably with your hand, a little at a time and whisk continuously until you end up with a lump free consistency.
9. If the soup turns out very thick during this process, add more water to it and stir. Return all the cooked meat to the soup, stir and leave it
to cook for 10 minutes on low heat until everything incorporates.
10. Once you’re happy with taste and the consistency of the soup, take it off heat . Serve Miyan Kuka with Tuwo shinkafa or Tuwo masara and
Enjoy.

Cc. Lalasticlala
Oboinascopy
Mynd44
Seun
Ishilove
Jummiefoodie
Cococandy
Jagugu88li
Fynestboi
Dominique
Angelsss
KimberlyWest
Queenitee. Good morning. Here is food for you all.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Miyan Kuka: How To Prepare Delicious Nigerian Miyan Kuka| Baobab Leaf Soup by Heemcelph: 9:17am On Jun 29, 2018
Person go chew the fresh pepper like meat abi na wetin . From my last experience, miyan kuka tasted like piss (no offence).
Re: Miyan Kuka: How To Prepare Delicious Nigerian Miyan Kuka| Baobab Leaf Soup by vinegurl(f): 10:18am On Jun 29, 2018
Heemcelph:
Person go chew the fresh pepper like meat abi na wetin . From my last experience, miyan kuka tasted like piss (no offence).
You didn't cook it well i guess

1 Like

Re: Miyan Kuka: How To Prepare Delicious Nigerian Miyan Kuka| Baobab Leaf Soup by Heemcelph: 10:51am On Jun 29, 2018
vinegurl:

You didn't cook it well i guess
I wasn't the chef back then, it was in the 90s and back then miyan kuka wasn't what it is today. Was born in far north and grew up there (Kano to be precise), whenever I hear "miyan kuka" the images of miyan kuka that pops in my head are far from the images you posted. I wouldn't dare try it again because the first experience wasn't just it.

1 Like

Re: Miyan Kuka: How To Prepare Delicious Nigerian Miyan Kuka| Baobab Leaf Soup by vinegurl(f): 11:50am On Jun 29, 2018
Heemcelph:

I wasn't the chef back then, it was in the 90s and back then miyan kuka wasn't what it is today. Was born in far north and grew up there (Kano to be precise), whenever I hear "miyan kuka" the images of miyan kuka that pops in my head are far from the images you posted. I wouldn't dare try it again because the first experience wasn't just it.
I now understand you better, but to be sincere this soup is Delicious. I didn't also like it the first I tasted maybe it was the way the person prepared it until I prepared it myself. Miyan kuka needs seasoning, the more the seasonings the better the taste.

1 Like

Re: Miyan Kuka: How To Prepare Delicious Nigerian Miyan Kuka| Baobab Leaf Soup by kingkoded: 1:01pm On Jun 29, 2018
Salsa Chicken Olé Sandwiches

These appetizing sandwiches feature a snappy chicken salad made with salsa, reduced-fat Cheddar cheese and reduced-fat sour cream, and are served on whole wheat bread.

Ingredients

1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
2 tablespoons Pace® Chunky Salsa - Mild
2/3 cup chopped cooked chicken
2 tablespoons shredded reduced........ to read more, click on https://promomonger.com/how-to-make-salsa-chicken-ole-sandwiches/

Re: Miyan Kuka: How To Prepare Delicious Nigerian Miyan Kuka| Baobab Leaf Soup by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 30, 2018
Heemcelph:
Hahaaaaaa grin
Re: Miyan Kuka: How To Prepare Delicious Nigerian Miyan Kuka| Baobab Leaf Soup by ButterFrost212(f): 5:11pm On Jul 02, 2018
Yum yum, makes me want to eat tuwo da miyan kuka. Simply delicious!
You both are right, if not properly cooked with all these garnishing and stuff, it can end up tasting bland. In fact I only eat kuka I cook myself, it's one of those things I just feel nobody else can make to my taste.

1 Like

Re: Miyan Kuka: How To Prepare Delicious Nigerian Miyan Kuka| Baobab Leaf Soup by vinegurl(f): 7:07am On Jul 03, 2018
ButterFrost212:
You both are right, if not properly cooked with all these garnishing and stuff, it can end up tasting bland. In fact I only eat kuka I cook myself, it's one of those things I just feel nobody else can make to my taste.
Sure it is true. I don't eat Kuka from another person if it's not me that prepared it. Thanks for this contribution
Re: Miyan Kuka: How To Prepare Delicious Nigerian Miyan Kuka| Baobab Leaf Soup by dayleke: 5:22pm On Oct 22, 2020
ButterFrost212:

Hello....

(1) (Reply)

7 Kinds Of Cocktail And Mocktail Recipes / See The Delicious Food That My Friend Invited Me Over To Eat In Akure / Weight Loss Recipes For 2017 UPDATED

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.