Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,680 members, 7,882,310 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 09:25 PM

Why New Mums Need People Around Them- Benita Okojie - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why New Mums Need People Around Them- Benita Okojie (499 Views)

Please I Need People Advice Over This Issue / New Mums! Increase Breast Milk Production. / Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why New Mums Need People Around Them- Benita Okojie by Fabmumsng(f): 9:51pm On Jun 29, 2018
The lovely Benita Okojie became a bona fide star when she released her evergreen track Osamudiamen in the 1990s. Now a mum, the FABMUMNG team recently spent an afternoon with her and got a rare peek into her life . In this interview, the soft spoken Edo state- born singer shares various lessons that appeal to mums of all ages.

What was it like becoming a mother?

I think the early stage of course was overwhelming, I knew that my life had changed forever for good. I had to share my time with the new baby. It wasn’t easy because it was not something I was used to, it was a new experience for me and I thank God for the Joy of being a mother. It can be also be challenging and I understand why people have post partum depression because if you don’t have people there with you the feeling might be overwhelming for some people.

And labour?

My mum and my sister were there with me during labour. My husband was also there but had to go get some items. I don’t even want to talk about labour.I was just really glad when the baby came out because I was there for 17 hours. I looked at my baby and I was like that huge guy came out of me but I thank God for counting us worthy of such a great blessing and having our families supporting us with prayers meant a lot. There were times the reality of being a new mother set in and I would go quiet. My mum would say baby blues and smile. I’m grateful for an amazing family system. Every one was helpful one way or the other. Thank God, baby A and I have grown since then.

For the full interview click http://fabmumng.com/why-new-mums-need-people-around-them-benita-okojie/

Re: Why New Mums Need People Around Them- Benita Okojie by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:54pm On Jun 29, 2018
I don’t even want to talk about labour.I was just really glad when the baby came out because I was there for 17 hours. I looked at my baby and I was like that huge guy came out of me but I thank God for counting us worthy of such a great blessing and having our families supporting us with prayers meant a lot. There were times the reality of being a new mother set in and I would go quiet. My mum would say baby blues and smile. I’m grateful for an amazing family system.

GOOD one Benita.....
Nothing like family.
FAMILY IS BAE!
Re: Why New Mums Need People Around Them- Benita Okojie by Olanipereku(f): 9:57pm On Jun 29, 2018
[s]
post=68944311:
I don’t even want to talk about labour.I was just really glad when the baby came out because I was there for 17 hours. I looked at my baby and I was like that huge guy came out of me but I thank God for counting us worthy of such a great blessing and having our families supporting us with prayers meant a lot. There were times the reality of being a new mother set in and I would go quiet. My mum would say baby blues and smile. I’m grateful for an amazing family system.

GOOD one Benita.....
Nothing like family.
FAMILY IS BAE!
[/s]
trash trash trash
stop cooking poison for people

1 Like

Re: Why New Mums Need People Around Them- Benita Okojie by Donald3d(m): 1:20am On Jun 30, 2018
grin

(1) (Reply)

See Crazy Way Couple Tossed Their Baby / Surrogacy!!!!! / Commercial Drivers Should Be Cautioned Against This!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.