Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,676 members, 7,885,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 03:34 PM

Forensic Analysis Should Have Deployed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forensic Analysis Should Have Deployed (395 Views)

Presidential Poll: Forensic Analysis Shows Over-voting In 10,000 Pus, Omokri Cla / Governor Umahi: We Have Deployed Ebubeagu, Security Operatives To Troubled Areas / Lekki Massacre: Forensic Analysis Proves Videos Of Killings Are Genuine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Forensic Analysis Should Have Deployed by macaphan007(m): 12:18pm On Jun 30, 2018
I have noticed how life has become so cheap and of little value in Nigeria,this week has been full of negative events.
There has to be conscious reawakening of the mindset of our people,we need to understand how important it is for people to find closure when they've lost someone,just like the accident on the 28th of June.

When I heard the causality figure announced by the authorities,I was taken aback at how quick they were to the figure been banded.

Now,from eyewitness account,the entire event happened within 30second to about 1 min from the time of tanker's failed break and the eventual explosion.

With the sheer numbers of cars that got burnt, I think the Govt was in haste to play down the seriousness of the event,by doing that they've allowed Nigerians moved back to their normal activities,which I see as selfish and wicked,because an event like this will happen again.

My questions are

why wasn't a forensic done,by collecting samples from the burnt cars to ascertain if there were human remains in those cars.

why weren't the VIN of the cars gotten to get in contact with the owners or their families for compensation and closure.

If the above procedures were taken we would have been able to know how serious this event was,not that the lives of 9 people don't matter but that others who are not accounted for,their families can find closure.

This could have happened to anybody,and nobody deserves to die that way,successive Govt negligence has cost the lives of these people.

Nigerians need to demand more from the Govt we voted in cause we deserve better.

May the souls of the departed find peace.Amen.
Re: Forensic Analysis Should Have Deployed by JOLSOFT(m): 12:48pm On Jun 30, 2018
macaphan007:
I have noticed how life has become so cheap and of little value in Nigeria,this week has been full of negative events.
There has to be conscious reawakening of the mindset of our people,we need to understand how important it is for people to find closure when they've lost someone,just like the accident on the 28th of June.

When I heard the causality figure announced by the authorities,I was taken aback at how quick they were to the figure been banded.

Now,from eyewitness account,the entire event happened within 30second to about 1 min from the time of tanker's failed break and the eventual explosion.

With the sheer numbers of cars that got burnt, I think the Govt was in haste to play down the seriousness of the event,by doing that they've allowed Nigerians moved back to their normal activities,which I see as selfish and wicked,because an event like this will happen again.

My questions are

why wasn't a forensic done,by collecting samples from the burnt cars to ascertain if there were human remains in those cars.

why weren't the VIN of the cars gotten to get in contact with the owners or their families for compensation and closure.

If the above procedures were taken we would have been able to know how serious this event was,not that the lives of 9 people don't matter but that others who are not accounted for,their families can find closure.

This could have happened to anybody,and nobody deserves to die that way,successive Govt negligence has cost the lives of these people.

Nigerians need to demand more from the Govt we voted in cause we deserve better.

May the souls of the departed find peace.Amen.
The country we find ourselves...instead they are going around shouting let's pray... Asif they are doing their part.
Re: Forensic Analysis Should Have Deployed by macaphan007(m): 12:56pm On Jun 30, 2018
JOLSOFT:

The country we find ourselves...instead they are going around shouting let's pray... Asif they are doing their part.
Its so unfortunate, I thought the Lagos state Govt with all the sophisticated forensic labs around would have done a comprehensive investigation, get the VIN of the cars,trace the owners information from Customs or FRSC so as to contact the next of Kin then release a more accurate figure

its just unfortunate,even the survivors their bills has not be taken up by the Govt.

But our leaders are quick to travel abroad for check as well as their families.

we need to demand more

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

ARISE NIGERIANS #ENDCOWMEATANDCOWPRODUCT# / Court Orders National Assembly To Begin Impeachment Process Against President / Galadima: Rapc Will Determine Next President In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.