Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,270 members, 7,887,790 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:53 PM

Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words (96364 Views)

Some Changed Names That Cannot Be Forgotten. / Some Changed Names That Cannot Be Forgotten. / Can Someone Please Identify This Stone That Look Like Glass. Pictures Attached (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by marvinsync(m): 6:23pm On Jan 20, 2019
Haymaykar:
I wonder why igbos own won't e like that instead you will be hearing names like...
1. Chukwudi..
2. Ike...etc

u just had to bring Igbos to this didn't u

tell me, do insulting this people and collecting likes give u orgasm and if so don't u think that's sad?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by krushdripper(m): 6:47pm On Jan 20, 2019
Desire ?? angry
Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by saintkeppy(m): 6:58pm On Jan 20, 2019
Earthbound:

I was going to say Ode. Some people really need to bear it as a name.
. Somewhere in cross River its ' Odey' as a name
Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by Oreoluwa5: 7:19pm On Jan 20, 2019
my name at number 3
Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by mtngloetiartel: 7:22pm On Jan 20, 2019
Feranchek:
I've always thought names like Cletus, Sixtus, Fidelis, and co, were Ibo names oooo
they are catholic names
Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by Sig4real(m): 7:26pm On Jan 20, 2019
Nike
Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by MightySparrow: 7:44pm On Jan 20, 2019
joke somefun
Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by Highbhee(m): 7:49pm On Jan 20, 2019
goodnessme1:
Afonja and oduduwa who fell down from sky?

am here to learn.

See Slave wey no no her origin

.... Won't blame you grin...

Aguleri(sky descendants) are also Igbo dat fell from sky...

1-1 I think
Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by rightdata: 7:54pm On Jan 20, 2019
SOMEFUN
Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by Malawian(m): 7:55pm On Jan 20, 2019
anayolity:
Osibanjo..... ramOTU....olaNIYI.....olaNIKE....

if you know whatsup!!!
Bros. Uche anyi di ya.

Osibe Isi, Osibanjo

ramOTU needs no explanation.

likewise.

likewise.

Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by ayorotijesu(m): 8:29pm On Jan 20, 2019
what are the english meaning
Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by chiedozie198100: 8:55pm On Jan 20, 2019
Haymaykar:
I wonder why igbos own won't e like that instead you will be hearing names like...
1. Chukwudi..
2. Ike...etc

and olaniyi.
Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by Esji80(m): 9:02pm On Jan 20, 2019
Iyawo Alfa Jumoke Lola Tunde Bola Taiwo
Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by Udoskybest: 9:15pm On Jan 20, 2019
Kingwizzy16:
As June ends today may it end with all the bad bad news

Amen
Bros, u are either high on weed or ur brain became outdated since june. Lol
Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by DADAYO5: 9:16pm On Jan 20, 2019
Desire
Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by lightdream: 9:36pm On Jan 20, 2019
Sunmade
Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by Jadela(m): 9:50pm On Jan 20, 2019
Bimbo
Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by DerideGull(m): 10:06pm On Jan 20, 2019
ToyinOlorunsola:
The following Yoruba names do not sound English when pronounced. In their written form, however, they look like English words:
1. Arise
2. Are
3. Ore
4. Shade
5. Desire
6. Kola
7. Wale
8. Akin
9. Ale
10. Dupe
11. Jade
12. Dare
13. Made
14. Joke
15. More
16. Made
17. Bare
18. Bade
19. Awe
20. Mope

Do you any more? Let us share them,

Most of the above Yari.ba names seemed to be abbreviated.
Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by DerideGull(m): 10:08pm On Jan 20, 2019
KINGwax007:
that's a lie. The names or words doesn't and wouldn't sound English. It's the written aspect that looks like English word.

Just joking grin grin you're right

Even if they sound English, they are abbreviated Yari.ba names.
Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jan 20, 2019
I know one......Lara
Love the name
Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by avicky(f): 10:38pm On Jan 20, 2019
Anise
Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jan 20, 2019
thegrinch:

I will advise you to romance your dictionary more... It will open your eyes to your English deficiencies grin grin grin
...and where will you go for yours?
Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by faithfull18(f): 11:14pm On Jan 20, 2019
Adelaide
English names that are same as Yoruba words:
Logan Jade Erin kai etc.
Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by KiZiie(m): 1:02am On Jan 21, 2019
TOPCRUISE:
TUTU.

Titi means pen1s. If you proudly say your name is titi in america then they think you are the thing and Titilayo if interpreted the other way can also mean.........
In the Philippines actually
Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by joepepsy(m): 1:26am On Jan 21, 2019
You just made me smile cos my girl's name is kumbi
dyadeleye:
fore
funmi
kumbi
joke

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by nairalandtruthr: 3:14am On Jan 21, 2019
*_Do not read news without getting rewarded again_*

How are you, wanted to share this good news with you and I do so because I got paid and certain that they pay. You can make money(into your Nigerian bank account)via this app that pays for reading their news without your paying anyone any registration fee. Click the link to download http://www.eagleee.com/gold/share?uid=517690303222644736
Check down to download the app and remember to use the code EDN8AI while registering so you can also get the bonus for registering via active member. If any other question after this stage you can inbox me to put you through the other stages and how to actually earn the money.

Evidence of payment below.

Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by Nobody: 4:36am On Jan 21, 2019
Udoskybest:
Bros, u are either high on weed or ur brain became outdated since june. Lol

Lol.... The thread is old

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by wizod(m): 5:54am On Jan 21, 2019
ToyinOlorunsola:
The following Yoruba names do not sound English when pronounced. In their written form, however, they look like English words:
1. Arise
2. Are
3. Ore
4. Shade
5. Desire
6. Kola
7. Wale
8. Akin
9. Ale
10. Dupe
11. Jade
12. Dare
13. Made
14. Joke
15. More
16. Made
17. Bare
18. Bade
19. Awe
20. Mope

Do you any more? Let us share them,
look at d afonfas here posing
Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by 1Sharon(f): 6:33am On Jan 21, 2019
Pharaoh350s:
Not forgetting ,
Olaniye (meaning useless son in Igbo)
Olafe (meaning wasted child in Igbo)

Ojuku means face of death in Yoruba

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by lordtim001(m): 8:16pm On Jan 21, 2019
tooth4tooth:
l know expired Tramadol is cheap. But it is not good for you cheesy grin
Check the date of the post and comment before you run your mouth
Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by lordtim001(m): 8:18pm On Jan 21, 2019
Cyoung4real:
SikiRAT
KudiRAT
AmiRAT
etc
Those ones are Arabic names na
Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by tooth4tooth: 9:40pm On Jan 21, 2019
lordtim001:

Check the date of the post and comment before you run your mouth
I will advise you to read and consummate before you post.I did not post based on the date ,I posted because his statement has no iota correlation with the topic. So ,f-u-ck off my mention.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bird Turns To Woman After Electric Shock In Oshodi, Lagos (graphic Pictures) / All Nigeria Newspaper Headlines In One Place / How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.