Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,027 members, 7,939,139 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 07:06 PM

Ever Been In Love With An Ex Who's Moved On Months After Break Up? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ever Been In Love With An Ex Who's Moved On Months After Break Up? (1328 Views)

Meet US Lady Who Moved To Ukraine To Strip For Ukrainian Soldiers (photos) / My Ex Who Is Married With Kids Wants To Have Sex With Me / Lady Begs Her Ex Who Wants To Leak Her Nudes For Cheating With 2 Of His Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ever Been In Love With An Ex Who's Moved On Months After Break Up? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 30, 2018
How does it feel to part ways with someone you love but still have strong feelings for even after months of break up?
I do know the answer to that. Somehow I feel that vacuum should be filled but because I've not completely let go.. Loving again becomes an issue..
Please I need advises
Re: Ever Been In Love With An Ex Who's Moved On Months After Break Up? by Heartbender: 9:43pm On Jun 30, 2018
Date me grin
Yunik:
How does it feel to part ways with someone you love but still have strong feelings for even after months of break up?
I do know the answer to that. Somehow I feel that vacuum should be filled but because I've not completely let go.. Loving again becomes an issue..
Please I need advises
Re: Ever Been In Love With An Ex Who's Moved On Months After Break Up? by Olumiland(m): 9:44pm On Jun 30, 2018
Hang out with friends and you will forget about it

1 Like

Re: Ever Been In Love With An Ex Who's Moved On Months After Break Up? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jun 30, 2018
Time heals but it just takes so damn long for us women angry

It's been 8 months yet it feels like yesterday... I think the only thing that heals a broken heart is love. When you fall in love again, the heart mends and the mind forgets but until then, thoughts of him occupy the space he left behind. Hang in there girl, your not alone, we're all in this together.

1 Like

Re: Ever Been In Love With An Ex Who's Moved On Months After Break Up? by Next2Bezee(m): 9:48pm On Jun 30, 2018
Yes, it is a really terrible situation to be in.

A common reason for this is Insecurity.

A & B are in a relationship. A tries everything to maintain the relationship (including putting up with some unacceptable circumstances), but B still chooses to split in the end. A is now single, heartbroken, Insecure, and still retains strong feelings for B — despite the maltreatment. Meanwhile, B has long moved on.

If you don't move on, you will only wallow in misery and depression. Remember that you are cute enough, smart enough, sexy enough, and patient enough to be with someone who would treat you the same way you treat them.

The moment you begin to accept this... is the moment you start to move on. Don't hinge your life on someone who doesn't care about it; we only have one life to live (A life you had before them and will still have — even after they've gone).

Goodluck!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ever Been In Love With An Ex Who's Moved On Months After Break Up? by XhosaNostra(f): 10:02pm On Jun 30, 2018
Goodness, no!

They say pride is a sin, but it comes in handy in situations like that. If someone doesn't want me or is with someone else, any love feelings I might have had for them die a natural death on their own or I strangle them myself. I can't be the only one in love, sorry. The moment communication stops, that's my 1st step to recovery.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Been In Love With An Ex Who's Moved On Months After Break Up? by louis1995: 10:03pm On Jun 30, 2018
i know how you feel, it's hard. next month will make it a year since the break up. it's hard to let go especially when you've invested so much of your time and heart into it, but that's how it is.
I haven't completely gotten over it. I fear I may never really do. Haven't been in a relationship since the break up, I have friends and most are girls but I just end up zoning them out. it just doesn't feel worth it. Even with all the joy and infatuation of a fresh relationship, there's only pain at end of the tunnel.
I'm sorry if you were expecting some hyper positivity from my message, but I just can't seem to find it. Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment. I've lost hope.
Time will eventually blur those strong feelings but the space will remain, you need to try and fill it with other things.
My advice to you is to focus on other parts of your life. Your family, career goals, anything that can give you a sense of fulfillment.
Just live your life, don't look for love anymore.
"Love happens only once, and the second time is
always a compromise made to forget the first."
Re: Ever Been In Love With An Ex Who's Moved On Months After Break Up? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jun 30, 2018
Yeah that's my current situation right now, but for some reason she still feels same way I do... hurts us both that we are friends now, though both single but we cant risky having such again..its so confusing cry

2 Likes

Re: Ever Been In Love With An Ex Who's Moved On Months After Break Up? by MissRaine69(f): 11:38pm On Jun 30, 2018
Get closure ...otherwise you will forever be looking to replicate that person in every relationship you have.
Sometimes you don’t get over them, you make peace with that status quo.
Re: Ever Been In Love With An Ex Who's Moved On Months After Break Up? by Nobody: 12:11am On Jul 01, 2018
Advice as a word no get plural.

Also, you used the word in its verbal context.
I.e You're in need of some advice. Let me advise you, you need some closure in the form of a really good vitamin D.

1 Like

Re: Ever Been In Love With An Ex Who's Moved On Months After Break Up? by IAMTHEHERO: 12:54am On Jul 01, 2018
..the same here. It is very difficult task to deal with. The worst part of it is if you rush into another relationship in order to fill the vacuum, you will regret it later. You need to be healed totally otherwise you will be toxic to people that genuinely love you. In my own case, she said she has moved on; that she has a new boyfriend but to my greatest surprise she continues to ask for money and other things from me.
Re: Ever Been In Love With An Ex Who's Moved On Months After Break Up? by Moveonmax: 12:59am On Jul 01, 2018
Yunik:
Please I need advises
"Advises" on what? How to let go? See www.google.com .

1 Like

Re: Ever Been In Love With An Ex Who's Moved On Months After Break Up? by austyn0(m): 1:24am On Jul 01, 2018
louis1995:
i know how you feel, it's hard. next month will make it a year since the break up. it's hard to let go especially when you've invested so much of your time and heart into it, but that's how it is.
I haven't completely gotten over it. I fear I may never really do. Haven't been in a relationship since the break up, I have friends and most are girls but I just end up zoning them out. it just doesn't feel worth it. Even with all the joy and infatuation of a fresh relationship, there's only pain at end of the tunnel.
I'm sorry if you were expecting some hyper positivity from my message, but I just can't seem to find it. Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment. I've lost hope.
Time will eventually blur those strong feelings but the space will remain, you need to try and fill it with other things.
My advice to you is to focus on other parts of your life. Your family, career goals, anything that can give you a sense of fulfillment.
Just live your life, don't look for love anymore.
"Love happens only once, and the second time is
always a compromise made to forget the first."
Laughs....Where did you get these thoughts from?? Your head??.....You are damn sweet man....

I feel like sharing our love experiences....As I was reading OP's words,, the voice of my ex was echoing,, like she was the writer.....

First love truly never dies buh thank God I am a fighter...Do I still love her? Seriously I don't know,,but I just still feel that urge to protect her,, where she is,, what she is doing,, is she safe?....Laughs,, fvck love mehn.

1 Like

Re: Ever Been In Love With An Ex Who's Moved On Months After Break Up? by DreamersVille24(m): 10:13am On Jul 01, 2018
Yunik:
Please I need advises

First off you need to delete very detail or stuff thst reminds you of him. Block him on all social media too.

Then start going out more, set up dates and meet new wonderful guys.

Don't be in a hurry to get into another relationship, just take your time and have fun, life is too short to keep sulking over a break up.

Often times, in these kind of situations, we think we're never going to meet someone as awesome as them and that we could never love again. It's easy to give in to these negative feelings but fight.

My points above would only be relevant if you truly and honestly want to get over the past and not thst you're secretly wishing for you guys to get back together.

If you need a distraction, I could help cos I think I need that right now too...

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Ever Been In Love With An Ex Who's Moved On Months After Break Up? by kevincal144: 10:53am On Jul 01, 2018
Make i just drop this one here. December last year my girl friend of more than three years broke up with me. There is nothing i didn't do to make her change her mind but it seems her mind is made up already. I cried like a baby, you can imagine that. Lolz. Me that didn't even cry when my mum died, infact i can't remember the last time i cried real tears, but this girl made me to shade tears like a baby. Lolz. No be small thing. I cut all communication with her. I vowed never to call or contact her, till the end of my life again. January passed, no communication, february she flashed me one night. I called her back to know why she did flash me, she said she just want to know if my number is still going through. I said ok. She told me she is already engaged to be married soon. I told her ok, god bless your union. Long story short, she's been calling me often to know how i'm doing and always tells me, it's been long we talked...i go just dey laugh for my mind.
Re: Ever Been In Love With An Ex Who's Moved On Months After Break Up? by louis1995: 6:39pm On Jul 01, 2018
austyn0:
Laughs....Where did you get these thoughts from?? Your head??.....You are damn sweet man....

I feel like sharing our love experiences....As I was reading OP's words,, the voice of my ex was echoing,, like she was the writer.....

First love truly never dies buh thank God I am a fighter...Do I still love her? Seriously I don't know,,but I just still feel that urge to protect her,, where she is,, what she is doing,, is she safe?....Laughs,, fvck love mehn.

lol nicely said. fvck love and a happy sunday to you all wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ever Been In Love With An Ex Who's Moved On Months After Break Up? by louis1995: 6:42pm On Jul 01, 2018
kevincal144:
Make i just drop this one here. December last year my girl friend of more than three years broke up with me. There is nothing i didn't do to make her change her mind but it seems her mind is made up already. I cried like a baby, you can imagine that. Lolz. Me that didn't even cry when my mum died, infact i can't remember the last time i cried real tears, but this girl made me to shade tears like a baby. Lolz. No be small thing. I cut all communication with her. I vowed never to call or contact her, till the end of my life again. January passed, no communication, february she flashed me one night. I called her back to know why she did flash me, she said she just want to know if my number is still going through. I said ok. She told me she is already engaged to be married soon. I told her ok, god bless your union. Long story short, she's been calling me often to know how i'm doing and always tells me, it's been long we talked...i go just dey laugh for my mind.

this one wicked o, she's getting married. so why is she still bothering you.
Re: Ever Been In Love With An Ex Who's Moved On Months After Break Up? by kevincal144: 7:12pm On Jul 01, 2018
louis1995:

this one wicked o, she's getting married. so why is she still bothering you.
all is not well with her in the newest relationship she is in. Is not what she expected that she is seeing. She has seen the difference between me and her would be husband. Me just dey laugh now

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Do I Have The Right To Be Sad About My Babe That Just Cheated On Me / Angry Man Tears Lady’s Trouser Over Sex / Slay Queen Spotted Selling Fish In A Market. Causes Stir Online (18+ Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.