Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,782 members, 7,952,207 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 12:19 PM

Vincent Enyeama Complains About World Cup Ball - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Vincent Enyeama Complains About World Cup Ball (737 Views)

Vincent Enyeama, Wife & Kids Take An After Match Photo / Vincent Enyeama , Wife And Daughter In New Lovely Photo / Cristiano Ronaldo Warns Ghanaians About World Cup 2014 Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vincent Enyeama Complains About World Cup Ball by semid4lyfe(m): 11:44am On Jun 08, 2010
Enyeama: Jabulani will disgrace keepers
Posted: 2010-06-08 06:41

Nigeria goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama has added his voice to the Jabulani controversy, warning that the World Cup ball will disgrace goalkeepers in South Africa.

Enyeama was the first to speak out about the ball during the African Nations Cup in Angola, but his words failed to gain traction. Recently, some of the world's top goalkeepers have come out to add their voices and Enyeama says it is too late.

"When I spoke about it during the Nations Cup, some people said I was just making excuses.

"Now, other goalkeepers have joined in and it has now become an issue. But it is too late to do anything about it.

"The only thing is that some of us might be disgraced by that ball at the World Cup."

Enyeama himself almost suffered from the ball's unpredictable swerving motion against North Korea on Sunday when a shot from distance almost found its way in to the goal.

"It was a difficult moment for me. The ball came at me and I thought I had it covered, but it moved at the last minute and I was lucky to get a fingertip to it, but it still hit the bar.

"I am sure an angel was protecting me, otherwise, that would have been a goal."

His advice to his fellow goalkeepers is to work as hard and long as possible with the ball as tournament kick-off approaches.

"And we should pray that we come out from every game without being embarrassed."

http://kickoffnigeria.com/news/15932/enyeama-jabulani-will-disgrace-keepers.php
Re: Vincent Enyeama Complains About World Cup Ball by semid4lyfe(m): 11:48am On Jun 08, 2010
So an angel was sleeping on duty and forgot to protect him when he conceded that goal? undecided Nigerians sha grin grin
Re: Vincent Enyeama Complains About World Cup Ball by Rhydem: 11:55am On Jun 08, 2010
semid4lyfe:

So an angel was sleeping on duty and forgot to protect him when he conceded that goal? undecided Nigerians sha grin grin

Angel, na entitled to rest?

cheesy
Re: Vincent Enyeama Complains About World Cup Ball by dominique(f): 3:38pm On Jun 08, 2010
the angel prolly took a bathroom break grin grin tongue
Re: Vincent Enyeama Complains About World Cup Ball by kweendyke: 3:56pm On Jun 08, 2010
heloo am nu on n land
Re: Vincent Enyeama Complains About World Cup Ball by kweendyke: 3:58pm On Jun 08, 2010
heloo am nu on n land
Re: Vincent Enyeama Complains About World Cup Ball by aieromon(m): 4:19pm On Jun 08, 2010
It would have been unwise for Enyeama not to make comments about the ball since his colleagues have already made theirs.
Now,his comment covers the amount of goals he will concede in the next 4weeks.
Its better to blame the ball than his chi or his crappy defense line.

(1) (Reply)

The Picture That Made Me To Support The Restructuring Of Nigeria's Soccer / Fifa Launches Investigation Into Vote-selling Claims (Amos Adamu mentioned) / Village Club President Suspended Over Messi Bid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.