Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,120 members, 7,973,776 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 06:30 AM

Ronaldo Can Never Be My Friend, Says Messi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo Can Never Be My Friend, Says Messi (2163 Views)

Gary Lineker Said C Ronaldo Refused To Talk To Him Cos He Says Messi Is The GOAT / Ali Daei Hopes Ronaldo Can Break His Goals Record / Simeone: Messi Plays Better In Attacking Team; Ronaldo Can Simplify Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ronaldo Can Never Be My Friend, Says Messi by Dtoms2: 3:07am On Jul 01, 2018
Lionel Messi believes he and Cristiano Ronaldo will never share a close friendship because they do not get to spend enough time together to build the required bond.
The Barcelona and Real Madrid stalwarts have shared a formidable rivalry throughout their La Liga careers and have collected myriad individual honours between them.
But while Messi claims the alleged enmity is very much created by the media, he also admits the pair are unlikely to ever consider one another friends, if only because they rarely get the time to speak.
He said, “I don’t know if we will be. Friendship is built through spending time together and getting to know each other.
“We have no relationship, mainly because we only see each other at awards ceremonies and that’s the only time we speak.
“Everything is fine, but our lives don’t cross over very often.”
Both Messi and Ronaldo have dominated the footballing sphere for the last decade and have shared the last nine Ballon d’Or awards (Messi 5, Ronaldo 4) – the Portuguese is currently heavy favourite to equal the standings for 2017.
But with both of them now into their 30s, Messi believes a new generation of players will soon take their places at the top and backs team-mate Luis Suarez, former Barcelona companion Neymar and Paris Saint-Germain sensation Kylian Mbappe to challenge for the coveted golden ball in the near future.
He said, “There are many great players around today who can win the Ballon d’Or. In recent years, there have just been two, but now players like Neymar, Kylian Mbappe and Luis Suarez can compete for that award.”
Read more via
http://www.gistuniverse.com/2018/06/ronaldo-can-never-be-my-friend-says.html
Re: Ronaldo Can Never Be My Friend, Says Messi by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:12am On Jul 01, 2018
Na una sabi....
Go home to your families abet!
Let's watch the new kids on the blocks henceforth!!

HAZARD.
Neymar.
Mbappe.
Dr Bruyne
Re: Ronaldo Can Never Be My Friend, Says Messi by Pierced(f): 3:19am On Jul 01, 2018
Am just happy that ronaldo has realized that his not d best in the world......so happy he was put in his place......at least his oversized ego has been slashed.

Hoping for neymar and mbappe to shine.
Re: Ronaldo Can Never Be My Friend, Says Messi by Emilokoiyawon: 5:20am On Jul 01, 2018
If Ronaldo is not the best in the world then who is?

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Can Never Be My Friend, Says Messi by Anigreat: 5:54am On Jul 01, 2018
shocked

Messi can never be a friend to a world best that is yet to play world cup final for once in his life career.

What a looser Ronaldo isshocked

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Can Never Be My Friend, Says Messi by Olanipereku(f): 5:59am On Jul 01, 2018
[s]
post=68975162:
Na una sabi....
Go home to your families abet!
Let's watch the new kids on the blocks henceforth!!

HAZARD.
Neymar.
Mbappe.
Dr Bruyne
[/s]
looking for who to poison in sports section?

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Can Never Be My Friend, Says Messi by Auladimeji1: 6:11am On Jul 01, 2018
Olanipereku:
[s][/s] looking for who to poison in sports section?
wetin na
Re: Ronaldo Can Never Be My Friend, Says Messi by Auladimeji1: 6:13am On Jul 01, 2018
Ronaldo is a magician Ronaldo is not human Ronaldo is a super player Ronaldo is a god Ronaldo is from another planet Ronaldo is a G.O.A.T and others That nonsense must end

Re: Ronaldo Can Never Be My Friend, Says Messi by Olanipereku(f): 6:16am On Jul 01, 2018
Auladimeji1:
wetin na
ask the concoction cooking machine angry
Re: Ronaldo Can Never Be My Friend, Says Messi by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:17am On Jul 01, 2018
No time for rubbish...
Re: Ronaldo Can Never Be My Friend, Says Messi by Cardinaljossy(m): 6:18am On Jul 01, 2018
Lol ���
Re: Ronaldo Can Never Be My Friend, Says Messi by EmekusTHEgreat(m): 7:19am On Jul 01, 2018
This is an old article and the thread title is misleading. OP
Re: Ronaldo Can Never Be My Friend, Says Messi by KingLennon(m): 8:00am On Jul 01, 2018
Pierced:
Am just happy that ronaldo has realized that his not d best in the world......so happy he was put in his place......at least his oversized ego has been slashed.

Hoping for neymar and mbappe to shine.
He is the best in the world. He had a good World cup even though the exited early
Re: Ronaldo Can Never Be My Friend, Says Messi by DrayZee: 8:32am On Jul 01, 2018
Dtoms2:
Lionel Messi believes he and Cristiano Ronaldo will never share a close friendship because they do not get to spend enough time together to build the required bond.
The Barcelona and Real Madrid stalwarts have shared a formidable rivalry throughout their La Liga careers and have collected myriad individual honours between them.
But while Messi claims the alleged enmity is very much created by the media, he also admits the pair are unlikely to ever consider one another friends, if only because they rarely get the time to speak.
He said, “I don’t know if we will be. Friendship is built through spending time together and getting to know each other.
“We have no relationship, mainly because we only see each other at awards ceremonies and that’s the only time we speak.
“Everything is fine, but our lives don’t cross over very often.”
Both Messi and Ronaldo have dominated the footballing sphere for the last decade and have shared the last nine Ballon d’Or awards (Messi 5, Ronaldo 4) – the Portuguese is currently heavy favourite to equal the standings for 2017.
But with both of them now into their 30s, Messi believes a new generation of players will soon take their places at the top and backs team-mate Luis Suarez, former Barcelona companion Neymar and Paris Saint-Germain sensation Kylian Mbappe to challenge for the coveted golden ball in the near future.
He said, “There are many great players around today who can win the Ballon d’Or. In recent years, there have just been two, but now players like Neymar, Kylian Mbappe and Luis Suarez can compete for that award.”
Read more via
http://www.gistuniverse.com/2018/06/ronaldo-can-never-be-my-friend-says.html

You brought 2017 news and posted it here with a false heading. Is that how desperate you are? Bloggers sef.
Don't go committing suicide because of Ronaldo oh. Because the way his existence is causing you pain is surprising me.
If you can't handle the fact that he's the best then stop watching football na. Na wa oh

Re: Ronaldo Can Never Be My Friend, Says Messi by Kingsley1000(m): 8:39am On Jul 01, 2018
even ronaldo son admits that messi is the better player
Re: Ronaldo Can Never Be My Friend, Says Messi by Kingsley1000(m): 8:41am On Jul 01, 2018
THEY GUYS MIGHT NOT HATE EACH OTHER THAT MUCH,THE WAY WE THINK THEY DO.....

In my street one guy broke the others head because of messi vs ronaldo argument
Re: Ronaldo Can Never Be My Friend, Says Messi by DrayZee: 8:42am On Jul 01, 2018
Auladimeji1:
Ronaldo is a magician
Ronaldo is not human
Ronaldo is a super player
Ronaldo is a god
Ronaldo is from another planet
Ronaldo is a G.O.A.T and others
That nonsense must end
Take it easy man. Ronaldo doesn't even know you.

Re: Ronaldo Can Never Be My Friend, Says Messi by DrayZee: 8:46am On Jul 01, 2018
Kingsley1000:
THEY GUYS MIGHT NOT HATE EACH OTHER THAT MUCH,THE WAY WE THINK THEY DO.....

In my street one guy broke the others head because of messi vs ronaldo argument
They don't hate each other. Any reasonable human should know that.
I just don't get why Ronaldo gets so much hate. It's not like he killed someone, or stole, or insulted anybody. He's just hated for playing football.

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Can Never Be My Friend, Says Messi by Kingsley1000(m): 8:57am On Jul 01, 2018
DrayZee:

They don't hate each other. Any reasonable human should know that.
I just don't get why Ronaldo gets so much hate. It's not like he killed someone, or stole, or insulted anybody. He's just hated for playing football.
not a fan of either....I love watching them ....I don't know why Nigerians hate both of them,some hate him and love messi,some despise messi and love Ronaldo
Re: Ronaldo Can Never Be My Friend, Says Messi by kmaster007: 9:23am On Jul 01, 2018
and he doesn't like you either
Re: Ronaldo Can Never Be My Friend, Says Messi by DrayZee: 9:43am On Jul 01, 2018
Kingsley1000:
not a fan of either....I love watching them ....I don't know why Nigerians hate both of them,some hate him and love messi,some despise messi and love Ronaldo
No one truly hates Messi (at least I don't think so). People who troll Messi do so because of his fans.
But Ronaldo, you see people making all sorts of false accusations against him for no clear reason.
They say he doesn't pass, they say he doesn't celebrate other players, they say he hates his teammates, they say he's arrogant, they even said he's gay (someone who has 4 children, has dated Kim Kardashian and is currently with a supermodel).
In all my years, I haven't seen one instance of all these accusations.
They've rained curses on him, his mother and even his children (how bad do you have to be that you can even curse children)
They just keep talking. It got so bad that Messi himself had to defend Ronaldo.

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Can Never Be My Friend, Says Messi by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 01, 2018
Ronaldo is gay.
Re: Ronaldo Can Never Be My Friend, Says Messi by Kingsley1000(m): 10:05am On Jul 01, 2018
DrayZee:

No one truly hates Messi (at least I don't think so). People who troll Messi do so because of his fans.
But Ronaldo, you see people making all sorts of false accusations against him for no clear reason.
They say he doesn't pass, they say he doesn't celebrate other players, they say he hates his teammates, they say he's arrogant, they even said he's gay (someone who has 4 children, has dated Kim Kardashian and is currently with a supermodel).
In all my years, I haven't seen one instance of all these accusations.
They've rained curses on him, his mother and even his children (how bad do you have to be that you can even curse children)
They just keep talking. It got so bad that Messi himself had to defend Ronaldo.
both are hated ,there are some fans that can kill for ronaldo likewise messi ....that's normal ,same way they did during ronaldinho vs zidane era ....

yes ronaldo is proud and arrogant ,that's what i don't like about him ,messi is more lenient with his team mates

remember during neymar time in barca,messi make sure he get many goals by giving him pk,freekicks and assists ,same can't be said about ronaldo ,nevetheless,he is a great leader and confident something messi lacks
Re: Ronaldo Can Never Be My Friend, Says Messi by DrayZee: 11:52am On Jul 01, 2018
Kingsley1000:
both are hated ,there are some fans that can kill for ronaldo likewise messi ....that's normal ,same way they did during ronaldinho vs zidane era ....

yes ronaldo is proud and arrogant ,that's what i don't like about him ,messi is more lenient with his team mates

remember during neymar time in barca,messi make sure he get many goals by giving him pk,freekicks and assists ,same can't be said about ronaldo ,nevetheless,he is a great leader and confident something messi lacks
You need to know the difference between confidence and arrogance. Zlatan who embodies arrogance is not hated like Ronaldo. So that's not an excuse.
same can't be said about ronaldo
So where do his large numbers of assists come from?
Neymar is a good free kick taker, so it would make sense if he was allowed to take it. If it was about leniency, then Mascherano should have been taking most of Barcelona's freekicks considering the fact that he had no goals (untIL a penalty was dropped for him).
Do you expect Zidane to allow Benzema take a free kick when it's not like Ronaldo was injured or something. And have you actually seen any argument amongst the players asking to take a free kick?
These are all wild assumptions. The players of Real Madrid themselves don't ask him to leave out a freekick/penalty because they know that he's their best hope of netting it. They complained that they weren't allowed to take a freekick, so where's this logic coming from?

And I seem to remember it being common knowledge between both Madrid and Barca fans that Neymar would win a freekick/penalty and Messi would be the one to take it. I honestly never had a problem with it, because Neymar himself didn't have a problem with it.

(1) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo - Sex With Girlfriend Is Better Than My Best Goals / Peter Rufai Is Critically Ill In Hospital.. He Needs Our Prayers / I Want To Become Bet9ja Agent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.