Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,569 members, 7,978,886 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 04:21 PM

If You Were God, Would It Bother You For People Not To Know You Exist? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You Were God, Would It Bother You For People Not To Know You Exist? (1682 Views)

Are There Certains Sins That God Would Not Forgive? / Which 'religion' God Would Judge The World? / If You Were God, Would You Demand To Be Worshipped? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Were God, Would It Bother You For People Not To Know You Exist? by Mudley313: 11:50am On Jun 08, 2010
If you created an entire universe, and due to you not physically being there, would you be bothered if they didnt believe you exist?

would you damn them all to hell?

smh, at god with a bigger ego than Kanye. There are humans that are more "godly" than god himself, you know, ones who are void of ego, forgiving, caring, compassionate, etc.

Angels that knew n lived wit the bible god denied him. Adam and eve whom he personally use to speak wit denied him. The damn dinosaures probably denied him. Hell, even when he himself came as his own son he denied himself on the cross, and asked himself why have you/i foresaken me/myself.
Re: If You Were God, Would It Bother You For People Not To Know You Exist? by Jenwitemi(m): 8:40pm On Jun 08, 2010
^^^ His chosen obviously love denying him too. Even after getting them out of capitivity in Egypt (as the story goes), living with them and feeding them in the desert for 40(!) years and doing all sorts of wonders, and he bringing them to the "promised" land and settling them down, no sooner did his prophet moses turned his back to go meet his divine awesomeness up on the mountain, that the socalled chosen people turned their back on god's awesome presence and started worshipping another deity! The image of a bull, to be precise. Now, that is damn curious to say the least. What exactly is about yahweh that made him so underwhelming to his own chosen people? I wonder.
Re: If You Were God, Would It Bother You For People Not To Know You Exist? by noetic16(m): 10:29pm On Jun 08, 2010
Mudley313:

If you created an entire universe, and due to you not physically being there, would you be bothered if they didnt believe you exist?

would you damn them all to hell?

smh, at god with a bigger ego than Kanye. There are humans that are more "godly" than god himself, you know, ones who are void of ego, forgiving, caring, compassionate, etc.

Angels that knew n lived wit the bible god denied him. Adam and eve whom he personally use to speak wit denied him. The damn dinosaures probably denied him. Hell, even when he himself came as his own son he denied himself on the cross, and asked himself why have you/i foresaken me/myself.

last time I checked billions of people living on this planet believe in a creator God . . . , so what are u talking about?
Re: If You Were God, Would It Bother You For People Not To Know You Exist? by Mudley313: 12:57am On Jun 09, 2010
last time I checked billions of people living on this planet believe in a creator God . . . , so what are u talking about?

i'm talkin bout the christian god; mr. yahweh himself. . .the egotistical jewish dude upstairs who seem so obsessed with the vainglorious act of being lavished with praise and worship more than anything else

1 Like

Re: If You Were God, Would It Bother You For People Not To Know You Exist? by noetic16(m): 12:46pm On Jun 09, 2010
Mudley313:

i'm talkin bout the christian god; mr. yahweh himself. . .the egotistical jewish dude upstairs who seem so obsessed with the vainglorious act of being lavished with praise and worship more than anything else

Is this not a contradiction?

on one hand u question God's reaction to the fact that some peeps like u deny His existence . . . on the other hand u talk His being praised and worshipped. are u confused?
whats ur position? is it that He exists or not? sounds like u are very bitter and as such can hardly construct an objective argument here.

So tell me what happened . . , did someone u loved die of an incurable disease or what?
Re: If You Were God, Would It Bother You For People Not To Know You Exist? by nuclearboy(m): 11:40am On Jun 10, 2010
@Noetic:

Been awhile bro. How how? Meanwhile, the question you ought have asked is when God came down to complain to OP for his refusal to recognise/worship/acknowledge Him.

One would think OP (being miffed at this vaingloriousness) ought totally avoid any mention or discussion of "mr yahweh" - on the contrary, he goes around hyperventilating at the thought that "vaingloriousness" hasn't seen him fit enough to count him worthy of ANY mention/regard/consideration whatsoever and so throws insults in hopes of being acknowledged.

How "edifying" to be ignored by your greatest antagonist  grin We should considdr this thread title being changed to "I am bothered God does not seem to know I exist and it pains me, body, soul and spirit" cool
Re: If You Were God, Would It Bother You For People Not To Know You Exist? by DeepSight(m): 12:31pm On Jun 10, 2010
It is absolutely inconceivable that an entity said to exist transcendentally above all time and space, an eternal cosmic mind of omniscient powers - could be bothered about what humans chose to believe regarding IT.

We praise God becaus of IT's awesomeness. Not because God is bothered to be praised.

1 Like

Re: If You Were God, Would It Bother You For People Not To Know You Exist? by Mudley313: 6:16am On Jun 11, 2010

on one hand u question God's reaction to the fact that some peeps like u deny His existence . . . on the other hand u talk His being praised and worshipped. are u confused?
whats your position? is it that He exists or not? sounds like u are very bitter and as such can hardly construct an objective argument here.

So tell me what happened . .  , did someone u loved die of an incurable disease or what?

u ever heard of a hypothetical question?

now i have to be bitter or sumone i loved have to die of an incurable disease because i dont believe in jewish myths. i laugh in guapanese. you christians really are one crazy bunch

@Noetic:

Been awhile bro. How how? Meanwhile, the question you ought have asked is when God came down to complain to OP for his refusal to recognise/worship/acknowledge Him.

One would think OP (being miffed at this vaingloriousness) ought totally avoid any mention or discussion of "mr yahweh" - on the contrary, he goes around hyperventilating at the thought that "vaingloriousness" hasn't seen him fit enough to count him worthy of ANY mention/regard/consideration whatsoever and so throws insults in hopes of being acknowledged.

How "edifying" to be ignored by your greatest antagonist   We should considdr this thread title being changed to "I am bothered God does not seem to know I exist and it pains me, body, soul and spirit"

*shake my head* religion can really make supposedly normal full grown men sound mentally retarded

It is absolutely inconceivable that an entity said to exist transcendentally above all time and space, an eternal cosmic mind of omniscient powers - could be bothered about what humans chose to believe regarding IT.

We praise God becaus of IT's awesomeness. Not because God is bothered to be praised.

the bible god is most definitely bothered bout the praise of men that's why he's supposedly created a mythical heaven for you guys to come praise and worship him for eternity in order to feed his overblown ego

cool i see the online christian soldiers are out in full force today in usual defence of their all powerful non-existent jewish deity who for some reason cant just seem to do anything for himself. question is, why do you consider IT awesome when IT never can do no more than a dead rat?
Re: If You Were God, Would It Bother You For People Not To Know You Exist? by nuclearboy(m): 8:13am On Jun 11, 2010
To make it easy for a simpleton's mind to understand, the rules "basically" say "To the reprobate, I show Myself same". The chap who seeks reason to believe I do not exist (in effect), will find reasons to support his assertion. However, his very existence will be a travesty and ridicule of himself.

Those are issues worth considering. I remember thinking some on this forum were like this but good sense showed them mature true humans, not children trying to feel among by saying "I am a scientist and do not believe in God" yet not knowing jack about "reason". You, dude, should consider truth rather than this wallpaper like inaneness
Re: If You Were God, Would It Bother You For People Not To Know You Exist? by Bastage: 10:12am On Jun 11, 2010
Mudley313:

the bible god is most definitely bothered bout the praise of men that's why he's supposedly created a mythical heaven for you guys to come praise and worship him for eternity in order to feed his overblown ego

I'd disagree. It's man who is most definitely bothered - not God. He created the religions and grew them by means of fear.
What better way to sell them than by saying "If you don't believe in our god, you will go to Hell"?

Blame man. Not God.
Re: If You Were God, Would It Bother You For People Not To Know You Exist? by noetic16(m): 12:57pm On Jun 11, 2010
nuclearboy:

@Noetic:

How "edifying" to be ignored by your greatest antagonist  grin We should considdr this thread title being changed to "I am bothered God does not seem to know I exist and it pains me, body, soul and spirit" cool

I am cool bro. I have been viewing posts and not really posting lately.

The OP is just a confused dude. he/she refuses to get involved in debates to highlight and address his/her concern in xtian issues. Any time his/her queries are answered, he/she runs away with her large tails behind her. The OP is an example of those who loves criticism but absconds from reasoning.

Deep Sight:

Another fallacy. Deepsight, whats the point u are trying to make here?

Mudley313:

u ever heard of a hypothetical question?

now i have to be bitter or sumone i loved have to die of an incurable disease because i dont believe in jewish myths. i laugh in guapanese. you christians really are one crazy bunch

how else would one explain ur disdain for knowledge and healthy debates? I laugh in korean grin
Re: If You Were God, Would It Bother You For People Not To Know You Exist? by Mudley313: 1:26pm On Jun 11, 2010
To make it easy for a simpleton's mind to understand, the rules "basically" say "To the reprobate, I show Myself same". The chap who seeks reason to believe I do not exist (in effect), will find reasons to support his assertion. However, his very existence will be a travesty and ridicule of himself.

Those are issues worth considering. I remember thinking some on this forum were like this but good sense showed them mature true humans, not children trying to feel among by saying "I am a scientist and do not believe in God" yet not knowing jack about "reason". You, dude, should consider truth rather than this wallpaper like inaneness

blah, blah, blah. . .

mehn, just sharrrap there

It's man who is most definitely bothered - not God. He Man created the religions and grew them by means of fear.
What better way to sell them than by saying "If you don't believe in our god, you will go to Hell"?

Blame man. Not an imaginary God.

^^^simple as A-B-C

how else would one explain your noetic's disdain for knowledge and healthy debates? I laugh in korean

^^^corrected

(re-read your initial response and see if it had anything whatsoever to do with my OP)

the original post is a QUESTION i posed. instead of you guys to either ignore it or just simply answer and keep it moving, you get all emotional and sentimental and go into your usual mode of jumping straight into defense of (and attack for) your all-powerful christian god

your inital response. . .

whats your position? is it that He exists or not? sounds like u are very bitter and as such can hardly construct an objective argument here.

So tell me what happened . .  , did someone u loved die of an incurable disease or what?

and you wonder why people think you christian folks are retarded
Re: If You Were God, Would It Bother You For People Not To Know You Exist? by nuclearboy(m): 4:04pm On Jun 11, 2010
^^^ Tell you what, the solution to all this "turenchi" is rather simple.

Pay a visit past deaths door and when you get out there, ask why God is so bothered about your particularly miserable existence that He keeps following you around pleading for your acknowledgement of him. Told you once, you remind of a rogue elephant in estress. Too much anger grin

Abi the real truth is you feel ignored by God, want a "daddy" and are subconsciously seeking a "daddy" on NL? Olabowale would have suited your intellect and twould have been really nice to see you do your ablutions then pray on Lagos-Ibadan
Re: If You Were God, Would It Bother You For People Not To Know You Exist? by Mudley313: 5:31pm On Jun 11, 2010
^^^ Tell you what, the solution to all this "turenchi" is rather simple.

Pay a visit past deaths door and when you get out there, ask why God is so bothered about your particularly miserable existence that He keeps following you around pleading for your acknowledgement of him. Told you once, you remind of a rogue elephant in estress. Too much anger

Abi the real truth is you feel ignored by God, want a "daddy" and are subconsciously seeking a "daddy" on NL? Olabowale would have suited your intellect and twould have been really nice to see you do your ablutions then pray on Lagos-Ibadan

same ol deflective christ-like tactics of name-callings and personal attack in defense of your imaginary jewish master

i'd roast you for your incoherent blabberings but you probably are already on the brink of insanity so i'll take the high road
Re: If You Were God, Would It Bother You For People Not To Know You Exist? by nuclearboy(m): 6:19pm On Jun 11, 2010
Roast moi? grin grin grin That'd be the day, dear boy! Such would require a focused mind, a brain and a communication skill you cannot fathom.

1st, my supposed "insanity" cannot be compared to the obvious frustrations in your life that have you going around showing your mental virginity, belligerence and nastiness in childish posts. Seems to me you're hoping the "heavy-weights" who know what they are saying when they attack religion, will come to your aid. Sad (for you) seeing as they've put you on the scales, found a single digit IQ and prefer to walk away. NL has seen some really intelligent Atheists and dude, they wouldn't be caught breathing the same air you do (if you actually use oxygen rather than the carbon-dioxide I suspect seeing you have the brain of an Iroko tree)

Go grow up (somplace inside a waste system) and read/reflect on the emptiness of your existence. That will put you in the position where even when you do not agree with another man's belief, you will avoid trying to ridicule such. You ARE a toy gun, dude, in a 4 year old's hands - totally without effect. Looking in a mirror will bring tears to your eyes.

Roast me! grin I laugh in morse code
Re: If You Were God, Would It Bother You For People Not To Know You Exist? by Mudley313: 7:28pm On Jun 11, 2010
nuclearboy:

Roast moi? grin grin grin That'd be the day, dear boy! Such would require a focused mind, a brain and a communication skill you cannot fathom.

1st, my supposed "insanity" cannot be compared to the obvious frustrations in your life that have you going around showing your mental virginity, belligerence and nastiness in childish posts. Seems to me you're hoping the "heavy-weights" who know what they are saying when they attack religion, will come to your aid. Sad (for you) seeing as they've put you on the scales, found a single digit IQ and prefer to walk away. NL has seen some really intelligent Atheists and dude, they wouldn't be caught breathing the same air you do (if you actually use oxygen rather than the carbon-dioxide I suspect seeing you have the brain of an Iroko tree)

Go grow up (somplace inside a waste system) and read/reflect on the emptiness of your existence. That will put you in the position where even when you do not agree with another man's belief, you will avoid trying to ridicule such. You ARE a toy gun, dude, in a 4 year old's hands - totally without effect. Looking in a mirror will bring tears to your eyes.

Roast me! grin I laugh in morse code

says the african online wanna-be pseudo-intellectual who believes that a jewish carpenter executed like a common criminal 2000 years ago is god

shake my head @ u taking this internet sh.t way too seriously. heavyweights ni, heavyweights ko

I hope you realize your uselessness and blow your f.uckin brains out with a desert eagle and the bullet goes through your skull and through your room mate who then falls dead over your body thus fulfilling your life long fantasy of dying with another man on top of you.
Re: If You Were God, Would It Bother You For People Not To Know You Exist? by nuclearboy(m): 9:34pm On Jun 11, 2010
SLOWPOKE.

Your vocabulary is limited to "slangs" found on the web and in childish high school gangs - "blow off", "fuc-king", "sh.t", etc

Dullard tongue bullet ko, full metal jacket ni. Celebrated slowpoke! grin
Re: If You Were God, Would It Bother You For People Not To Know You Exist? by Nobody: 1:43am On Jun 12, 2010
nuclearboy:

SLOWPOKE.

Your vocabulary is limited to "slangs" found on the web and in childish high school gangs - "blow off", "fuc-king", "sh.t", etc

Dullard tongue bullet ko, full metal jacket ni. Celebrated slowpoke! grin
Barrister,i'll advice u ignore this slowpoke that doesn't have a life.People like him visits cafe to browse&sit comfortably in ignorance to insult people on line& when they see such in real life,they begin to say yes sir/yes ma. Do u think mudley is better than ur office assistant?
Re: If You Were God, Would It Bother You For People Not To Know You Exist? by Mudley313: 2:40am On Jun 12, 2010
SLOWPOKE.

Dullard bullet ko, full metal jacket ni. Celebrated slowpoke!

you no-life-having online wanna-be pseudo-intellectual. incase your pea-sized brain dont know, this is an internet forum not a college thesis paper and thus i'd type however the hell i wanna. sorry i'm not like your sick pathetic self who indulges in back and forth banters with faceless people on the internet trying to proove how intellectually challenged your lame azz is. i guess you go out to brag to your friends how e-intellectual you are, that is if you have any real life friends. log-off, go out and do something productive, there's a lot going on offline. go watch the world cup or something. deluded douchbag. ewww. . .

Barrister,i'll advice u ignore this slowpoke that doesn't have a life.People like him visits cafe to browse&sit comfortably in ignorance to insult people on line& when they see such in real life,they begin to say yes sir/yes ma. Do u think mudley is better than your office assistant?

shake my head @ this imb.ecile. u forgot to include your imaginary daily schedule to your post of how you need to catch a flight for your imaginary phd programme. and lmao @ cyber cafe. you think everyone is like your hungry azz browsing in cyber cafes. na really "they begin to say yes sir/yes ma". you're the type of broke irritating no do wells who solicit for pennies whenever one visits naija. olodo-rapata
Re: If You Were God, Would It Bother You For People Not To Know You Exist? by nuclearboy(m): 6:44am On Jun 12, 2010
Mudley313:

you no-life-having online wanna-be pseudo-intellectual. incase your pea-sized brain dont know, this is an internet forum not a college thesis paper and thus i'd type however the hell i wanna. sorry i'm not like your sick pathetic self who indulges in back and forth banters with faceless people on the internet trying to proove how intellectually challenged your lame azz is. i guess you go out to brag to your friends how e-intellectual you are, that is if you have any real life friends. log-off, go out and do something productive, there's a lot going on offline. go watch the world cup or something. deluded douchbag. ewww. . .

shake my head @ this imb.ecile. u forgot to include your imaginary daily schedule to your post of how you need to catch a flight for your imaginary phd programme. and lmao @ cyber cafe. you think everyone is like your hungry azz browsing in cyber cafes. na really "they begin to say yes sir/yes ma". you're the type of broke irritating no do wells who solicit for pennies whenever one visits naija. olodo-rapata

More half-literate vituperation from a retarded cybercafe addict! My understanding is that one spermatozoa wins the race to fertilization; seeing as you were the fastest, that must have been some sick pedigree. Even at that, its a wonder how you didn't end a blood clot. What a mistake. I guess you were the one God allowed to come to show the rest of this generation how lucky we are. 2 left legged skunk!

Keep on with your asinine vocabulary which doesn't suprise me seeing as your greatest ambition is to watch the world cup. Thug, omo adedibu, insolent mongrel. I'm sure the hair that grows out of your nostrils connects to your beard. (see didinrin looking for a mirror to confirm grin) Better go submit yourself to a laboratory for checks so they tell you what species you are. Then go look for work as a man friday (the height of your intellectual prowess)
Re: If You Were God, Would It Bother You For People Not To Know You Exist? by Nobody: 7:56am On Jun 12, 2010
Nuclearboy,ignore this f.ool called mudley.I said hes not better than ur office assistant&he simply exhibited the character of an office cleaner. U are helping him to keep his senseless thread alive. When i have ur time mudley, i'll expose ur stupidity in every section of NL.
Re: If You Were God, Would It Bother You For People Not To Know You Exist? by Mudley313: 11:02pm On Jun 12, 2010
More half-literate vituperation from a retarded cybercafe addict! My understanding is that one spermatozoa wins the race to fertilization; seeing as you were the fastest, that must have been some sick pedigree. Even at that, its a wonder how you didn't end a blood clot. What a mistake. I guess you were the one God allowed to come to show the rest of this generation how lucky we are. 2 left legged skunk!

Keep on with your asinine vocabulary which doesn't suprise me seeing as your greatest ambition is to watch the world cup. Thug, omo adedibu, insolent mongrel. I'm sure the hair that grows out of your nostrils connects to your beard. (see didinrin looking for a mirror to confirm ) Better go submit yourself to a laboratory for checks so they tell you what species you are. Then go look for work as a man friday (the height of your intellectual prowess)

^^^the rants of a rabid naija e-christian fanatic. as hypocritical as they come. way to be christ-like. the confines of uselu awaits your kind. oloshi

. . .and sorry internet cyber cafe's are not the norm where i'm at. you poverty stricken peasant. okpemu of the highest order

Nuclearboy,ignore this f.ool called mudley.I said hes not better than your office assistant&he simply exhibited the character of an office cleaner. U are helping him to keep his senseless thread alive. When i have your time mudley, i'll expose your stupidity in every section of NL.

^^^another imbecilic zombie living in the delusional notion that e-ganging on a mere screen name has any effect on the real world. when you have my time? you sure are one jobless destitute. i thought you were asking me the other time to come have a drink with you? f.aggot
Re: If You Were God, Would It Bother You For People Not To Know You Exist? by Jenwitemi(m): 11:39pm On Jun 12, 2010
The question should acually be, if you were alone(like God) what would you do to keep yourself entertained?
Answer; You go to sleep and dream up billions upon billions of multiverses in which you can manifest yourself in trillions upon trillions of living organisms, as well as billions of sentient beings, in those multiverses. The experiences of whom should keep you entertained indefinitely.

Imagine manifesting yourselves from the most primitive unicellular organisms to the most complex sentient beings, and to be able to relive the experiences of each and everyone of your creation. To be able to live the experiences of all the living things in all the multiverse at once and indefinitely!! WOW! Now, is that not the ultimate trip? No drug can match that. No amount of cable tv channels, plus all the video games, plus all the movies, not all the sports, concerts, can come even close.
Re: If You Were God, Would It Bother You For People Not To Know You Exist? by nuclearboy(m): 7:52am On Jun 13, 2010
Every one of Muddy-boys posts contain the word 'poverty' and "destitute". Seems you have a fixture with lack. And for someone who comes around only in the middle of the night, you sure seem like one to haunt "cafes".

Your repeated attempts to bring "Christ" into the issue make me laugh. Use sensible ridicule, child and always always stand against your contemporaries, not your seniors. Now, before I believed, I was human and cannot remember where I am asked to stop being human because I believe. If this were a real life confrontation, it would have ended long ago - you'd be tied up by my boys and put inside the trunk of a car to re-consider your life for maybe 7 days without food or water. So when you keep saying christ-like, you don't know and how I wish you did. I am a human believer with human foibles (need a dictionary?) and the right to express anger with idiots. Jesus whipped people, if you forgot. And here, your bottom is being shown a koboko (though verbally) and we can see evidence of your wailing.

My writings to you are informed by the shallowness of your life and thoughts - you say I'm hypocritical, NOT Christ-like because I do not sit quietly allowing you insult God. Yet you defend your okada-rider rapist father. You say I "rant" when you combine multiple languages and bad grammar in spewing out "abuse" at all and sundry. Do you think your moronic conduct is the type the celebrated Atheists on this forum got known by? They read, studied and came up with information that sincerely, atimes shocks me. If then I have not agreement for their beliefs, I needs MUST respect minds that can bring out such powerful arguments. Compare them, to "Mudley313" - childish, insultive, idiotic, snot-nosed, incoherent, half-educated, intellectually lacking YET hoping for recognition! Maybe among your other yahoo confederates, boy, at the cybercafes you get to at 10pm and leave at 6am. And I know you sign in for an hour or so day-time to see if any mugu replied so you'll be quick to point out day time responses. But a look at your profile shows when you browse. Or well, maybe its after you're off work from the lebanese factory where you're a labourer and do 14 hours daily (6m - 8pm)

Its fun using such as you for target practise when I'm not busy, boy. Its a distraction from more serious matters. But you might just "overload" seeing as your days are now spent waiting and studying slangs to use to "attempt" riling me (a dream that won't materialize). It wouldn't do for you to blow a gasket and get fired by your lebanese master or to abuse your potential mugu thinking its "nuclearboy" you're writing to.

Salutee
Re: If You Were God, Would It Bother You For People Not To Know You Exist? by Mudley313: 11:25am On Jun 13, 2010
Every one of Muddy-boys posts contain the word 'poverty' and "destitute". Seems you have a fixture with lack. And for someone who comes around only in the middle of the night, you sure seem like one to haunt "cafes".

Your repeated attempts to bring "Christ" into the issue make me laugh. Use sensible ridicule, child and always always stand against your contemporaries, not your seniors. Now, before I believed, I was human and cannot remember where I am asked to stop being human because I believe. If this were a real life confrontation, it would have ended long ago - you'd be tied up by my boys and put inside the trunk of a car to re-consider your life for maybe 7 days without food or water. So when you keep saying christ-like, you don't know and how I wish you did. I am a human believer with human foibles (need a dictionary?) and the right to express anger with idiots. Jesus whipped people, if you forgot. And here, your bottom is being shown a koboko (though verbally) and we can see evidence of your wailing.

My writings to you are informed by the shallowness of your life and thoughts - you say I'm hypocritical, NOT Christ-like because I do not sit quietly allowing you insult God. Yet you defend your okada-rider rapist father. You say I "rant" when you combine multiple languages and bad grammar in spewing out "abuse" at all and sundry. Do you think your moronic conduct is the type the celebrated Atheists on this forum got known by? They read, studied and came up with information that sincerely, atimes shocks me. If then I have not agreement for their beliefs, I needs MUST respect minds that can bring out such powerful arguments. Compare them, to "Mudley313" - childish, insultive, idiotic, snot-nosed, incoherent, half-educated, intellectually lacking YET hoping for recognition! Maybe among your other yahoo confederates, boy, at the cybercafes you get to at 10pm and leave at 6am. And I know you sign in for an hour or so day-time to see if any mugu replied so you'll be quick to point out day time responses. But a look at your profile shows when you browse. Or well, maybe its after you're off work from the lebanese factory where you're a labourer and do 14 hours daily (6m - 8pm)

Its fun using such as you for target practise when I'm not busy, boy. Its a distraction from more serious matters. But you might just "overload" seeing as your days are now spent waiting and studying slangs to use to "attempt" riling me (a dream that won't materialize). It wouldn't do for you to blow a gasket and get fired by your lebanese master or to abuse your potential mugu thinking its "nuclearboy" you're writing to.

Salutee

blah, blah, blah. . .the rantings of a mad man. i see you're striving hard to protect your e-credibility with all these gibberish you type since life online as a screen name is the only life you have. nobody's reading all that long azz post of dog poo you keep typing. cyber cafe ni, cyber cafe ko. i live in the US you dumbf.uck

you're getting close to borderline insanity
Re: If You Were God, Would It Bother You For People Not To Know You Exist? by Jenwitemi(m): 11:43am On Jun 13, 2010
To tell you the truth, it will bother me a tiny wee bit if i become anonymous in my own creation if the sentient residents can't even conceptualize my existence. Even though i would love to remain much in the background, i would throw in hints of my existence here and there to kickstart such conceptualization and kickback and enjoy what they would do with those hints. It would be kind of fun to watch. wink
Re: If You Were God, Would It Bother You For People Not To Know You Exist? by nuclearboy(m): 12:02pm On Jun 13, 2010
hahahahehehe. clap for yourself, US resident grin Some of s visit for recreation and are not engaged as illegals.

@Jenwitemi:

Lovely thoughts. Reading thru your posts, I would say you'd "behave" OR make things pretty much as exists right now. Have you been studying God and putting yoursel fin His shoes? smiley
Re: If You Were God, Would It Bother You For People Not To Know You Exist? by Mudley313: 12:25pm On Jun 13, 2010
hahahahehehe. clap for yourself, US resident Some of s visit for recreation and are not engaged as illegals.

sorry, im a US citizen n i'm sorry also say e dey pain you. visit for recreation ni, visit for recreation ko. suffer head
Re: If You Were God, Would It Bother You For People Not To Know You Exist? by InesQor(m): 12:35pm On Jun 13, 2010
Aaah people, easy on the insults abeg.

Deep Sight:

Hi Deep Sight. I wouldn't be quick to say it is inconceivable. If you reckon with the truth that God is Love and he wants the very best for all his creation, in harmony; then you will see that he will indeed be concerned if he sees people wasting their lives away

An analogy would be a manufacturer with a good heart for business, who studies customer experience and does more to see that they are satisfied. God is awesome and exists transcendentally, but He is also Love - so much to be truly concerned to see that the Love is acknowledged and not disrgarded, for the sake of the creation's own harmony (not properly defined outside him). It's like a duality: the awesomeness and the Love of God. Love in its pure awesomeness.
Re: If You Were God, Would It Bother You For People Not To Know You Exist? by Jenwitemi(m): 1:05pm On Jun 13, 2010
nuclearboy:

@Jenwitemi:
Lovely thoughts.
Thank you.

nuclearboy:

@Jenwitemi:
Reading thru your posts, I would say you'd "behave" OR make things pretty much as exists right now.
Well, not completely. I wouldn't create a place of eternal damnation for my creations just because they choose to ignore me. I wouldn't find it that serious an "offence" to have to do that. To me, it would only be all about fun. I'll be a liberal kind of God who takes himself not so seriously, and why should i? When all the sentient beings have gone through their respective experiences, they will all come back home, no matter what they did during their existential journey.

nuclearboy:

@Jenwitemi:
Have you been studying God and putting yoursel fin His shoes? smiley
Since i was a kid. Have always wondered what kind of God would i be.
Re: If You Were God, Would It Bother You For People Not To Know You Exist? by Jenwitemi(m): 1:19pm On Jun 13, 2010
InesQor:

If you reckon with the truth that God is Love and he wants the very best for all his creation, in harmony; then you will see that he will indeed be concerned if he sees people wasting their lives away

An analogy would be a manufacturer with a good heart for business, who studies customer experience and does more to see that they are satisfied. God is awesome and exists transcendentally, but He is also Love - so much to be truly concerned to see that the Love is acknowledged and not disrgarded, for the sake of the creation's own harmony (not properly defined outside him). It's like a duality: the awesomeness and the Love of God. Love in its pure awesomeness.
While i would agree with this, i don't see why such an entity would create a place of eternal torture for whatever reasons. Why was the universe created in the first place? What is it's purpose? If it is to entertain the creator, then why go overboard and fry the entertainers for eternity because of the roles they played? Is it that serious? Unless the eternal frying part is also part of the entertainment.

It is like entertaining oneself in a cinema with a James Bond movie only for one to incarcerate Mr. Daniel Craig for having being so destructive, as well as the other actors who played the roles of villains, afterwards, and to fry them for eternal. What would be the point, exactly? Besides, that would call the state of my sanity into serious questioning.
Re: If You Were God, Would It Bother You For People Not To Know You Exist? by InesQor(m): 1:39pm On Jun 13, 2010
@Jenwitemi: Interestingly I just finished making this response on another thread. I think it will answer some of your questions on destiny, roles, and the determination of events. We are all responsible for our own choices, and we are not in iron-cast roles like "Daniel Craig in a James Bond movie". Please read up.

The way I understand from the scriptures, destiny is like the vast woods, a forest linking two places and you as a man are moving from one end to the other. The way you move across the forest will determine the state in which you get to the other side. You may run, walk, or crawl but you will advance ONLY at 60 seconds per minute.  grin You may decide to make a road in the grassland as you move along so that you wont have to deal with wild creatures or wade in tall grass where snakes crawl, or you may decide to cross in a zigzag fashion. Either way, ultimately, you get to the other end. God knows the path entirely, he was there before the forest grew from an ordinary open plain, and he knows the habitats of the wild creatures in it, he knows the safe parts and he knows where you need to climb a tree and rest. Good enough, there is mobile reception in the forest and you have a phone, and he is always online.  cool grin cheesy You can give him a call anytime, and he is eager to help you across the forest of destiny.  cheesy Of course, you can still choose to go against his advice and do it your way. Ignorance will be no excuse for such a traveller when he takes a wrong turn, bursts into trouble and the wild animals feast on him! 

In essence I believe there are three components that control destiny:

1. God's design
2. Man's choices (available options) and decisions (what he does about the options)
3. Systems and laws

The 3rd component above: systems and laws, is one reason why "godless" people appear to prosper as well. They diligently follow systems and laws, and the laws will work for them because it is an unbiased jungle. But success is not guaranteed, and their destinies are still very much as stake.

Man may discover some of these systems and laws by himself and work with them, but he definitely cannot encompass all of the laws at once or know when they will conflict. He will need the guidance of God who designed the systems, the laws, and effectively presented the choices to man.

It will be wrong to say God controls our destiny without giving us any say, because if this is so then there will never be any judgment. But we can't also say that man controls his own destiny without God's influence because if that were so, one single man's wickedness could have snuffed out existence with no intervention from God. Last of all, the systems and laws do not control destinies on their own because even when a man refuses to make a decision and he stands still, God is still at work.

Every man is an architect of his own destiny, but just like with architects of buildings, there are constraints you need to work with. An architect has to consider the systems and laws of the place where he will build a house; is it in the tropics or a temperate region? Is it close to the sea? What about Winds? What kind of material can I use, even though I have fanciful ideas? The architect has freewill to develop his ideas, but he works within the constraints of systems. And there are faculties like the Town Planning folk, the local geographers guide, and so on (compare with God's part) that he needs to revert and submit to in order to better research, get advice and understand how to beat the constraints of his choices and make excellent decisions (which is his own part as an architect).

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obedience Always Brings Blessing / . / If You Could Have Supernatural Powers What Would It Be

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.