Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,895 members, 7,909,366 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 12:02 AM

Does God Have A Personal Life? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Have A Personal Life? (1696 Views)

Why Do God Have To Create People GAY? Why? / What Is Your Personal Life Motto? / Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Does God Have A Personal Life? by Mudley313: 11:58am On Jun 08, 2010
What does god do outside of answering/not answering prayers, causing destruction, watching over us, ignoring evil and blessing the wrong people?

Does he have friends? Enjoy things he didn't create? Vacation?

Are we the source of his happiness? Without us what would he do or be?

If all mankind went to hell would he be a pissed off lonely losing god?

What is he without us?
Re: Does God Have A Personal Life? by Jenwitemi(m): 1:23pm On Jun 08, 2010
We are "his" personal life. Without us, "he" won't have any. Heck, without us, he won't have life, as in existing. We are very important o! grin
Re: Does God Have A Personal Life? by Mudley313: 7:02pm On Jun 08, 2010
We are "his" personal life. Without us, "he" won't have any. Heck, without us, he won't have life, as exist. We are very important o!

ya, we put in order this chaos of a world he created. we make it all make sense without his imput. he comes up with a disease, we come up with a cure. When we couldnt come up with something, we came up with him.
Re: Does God Have A Personal Life? by bawomolo(m): 7:55pm On Jun 08, 2010
it uses us for entertainment. the best reality show money can buy.
and those angels singing its name keep it company.
Re: Does God Have A Personal Life? by noetic16(m): 10:31pm On Jun 08, 2010
@ OP

this obsession with God is fast making u a nuisance. why are u so obsessed with someone u claim does not exist?
Re: Does God Have A Personal Life? by lactemps(m): 9:51pm On Jun 09, 2010
If you can recollect, in the garden of Eden, God normally comes down and chat (Fellowship) with Adam & Eve.

The problem is that we have allowed many things in this earth (cares of the world) to over take us, that we don't even have time to see when God comes to fellowship with us.

By fellowship I mean, have a tet-a-tet with us.

God created us for HIS own pleasure.
Re: Does God Have A Personal Life? by Jenwitemi(m): 9:58pm On Jun 09, 2010
lactemps:

If you can recollect, in the garden of Eden, God normally comes down and chat (Fellowship) with Adam & Eve.

The problem is that we have allowed many things in this earth (cares of the world) to over take us, that we don't even have time to see when God comes to fellowship with us.

By fellowship I mean, have a tet-a-tet with us.

God created us for HIS own pleasure.

Yep. He created us to have tet-a-tet fellowship with us from time to time. I wonder why he does not get himself a wife. . .
Re: Does God Have A Personal Life? by Mudley313: 6:23am On Jun 11, 2010
Yep. He created us to have tet-a-tet fellowship with us from time to time. I wonder why he does not get himself a wife. . .

@ bolded. . .he evidently cant, thats why he had to impregnate another man's wife, mary, wife of joseph. . .and gave birth to himself in the process. seriously tho, christians are retarded
Re: Does God Have A Personal Life? by Bastage: 10:20am On Jun 11, 2010
Mudley313:

seriously tho, christians are retarded

Seriously tho, I would say that you are giving the impression that you are severely retarded.
The questions you ask are pathetic and show no knowledge of scripture.

I'm not even particularly religious but even I can see that you're talking rubbish and asking pedantic, silly questions which are either based on ignorance or are just looking for an argument. Your whole reason for being here seems to be just to denigrate Christians with absolutely no thirst to learn from thier replies.

If you studied scripture, religion and history, you'd be able to work out the reasoning behind the myth of the Virgin Birth. The ridiculous statement that the god had to impregnate another man's wife because he couldn't find one for himself, just shows how little you actually know about theology.
And if you don't know about a subject, it's best that you keep your mouth shut instead of trying to condemn it. Only with knowledge can you argue. Otherwise, in your own words, you just look retarded.
Re: Does God Have A Personal Life? by Mudley313: 1:38pm On Jun 11, 2010
Seriously tho, I would say that you are giving the impression that you are severely retarded.
The questions you ask are pathetic and show no knowledge of scripture.

I'm not even particularly religious but even I can see that you're talking rubbish and asking pedantic, silly questions which are either based on ignorance or are just looking for an argument. Your whole reason for being here seems to be just to denigrate Christians with absolutely no thirst to learn from thier replies.

If you studied scripture, religion and history, you'd be able to work out the reasoning behind the myth of the Virgin Birth. The ridiculous statement that the god had to impregnate another man's wife because he couldn't find one for himself, just shows how little you actually know about theology.
And if you don't know about a subject, it's best that you keep your mouth shut instead of trying to condemn it. Only with knowledge can you argue. Otherwise, in your own words, you just look retarded.

mallam mugu; you ever heard bout the word sarcasm before?

now clap for your retarded self

Re: Does God Have A Personal Life? by Bastage: 5:50pm On Jun 11, 2010
Heh!! I can tell you that intellectually and on the topic of religion, I dwarf a "person" such as yourself. So actually, on this subject, you would almost certainly be the "retard".

All you have is what's been spoon-fed to you and then you repeat it parrot fashion ad infinitum. At the end of the day, you are no different from a Christian fundamentalist - just another ignorant, blinkered fool.

And your sarcasm? Hmmm, I think that's basically an excuse for yet more ignorance. You used the Virgin Birth as an example of the weakness of the Christian doctrine yet you have no clue what it actually means or from whence it originated. Claiming sanctuary in the realms of sarcasm only shows that you have nothing meaningful to reply with.
Re: Does God Have A Personal Life? by nuclearboy(m): 6:33pm On Jun 11, 2010
@Bastage:

The dude has no life, no ambition and nothing to look forward to. He blames God and is looking (crying?) for attention. I compare him to a young male elephant on heat who can't find a partner. They're known to pull down trees then attempt to mount them. But it will pass and he'll be restored to his natural self without the anger - a slow retarded self-servicer who haunts cyber-cafes in search of what to do.
Re: Does God Have A Personal Life? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jun 11, 2010
noetic16:

@ OP

this obsession with God is fast making u [size=15pt]a nuisance.[/size] why are u so obsessed with someone u claim does not exist?

Bastage:

The questions you ask are[size=15pt] pathetic and show no knowledge of scripture.[/size]

I'm not even particularly religious but even I can see that y[size=15pt]ou're talking rubbish and asking pedantic[/size], silly questions which are either based on [size=15pt]ignorance o[/size]r are just looking for an argument. Your whole reason for being here seems to be just to denigrate Christians with absolutely no thirst to learn from thier replies.

Bastage:

Heh!! I can tell you that intellectually and on the topic of religion, I dwarf a "person" such as yourself. So actually, on this subject, you would almost certainly be the "retard".

All you have is what's been spoon-fed to you and then you repeat it parrot fashion ad infinitum. At the end of the day, you are no different from a Christian fundamentalist - just another [size=15pt]ignorant,[/size] blinkered fool.

And your sarcasm? Hmmm,  I think that's basically an excuse for yet [size=15pt]more ignorance.[/size] You used the Virgin Birth as an example of the weakness of the Christian doctrine yet you have no clue what it actually means or from whence it originated. Claiming sanctuary in the realms of sarcasm only shows that y[size=15pt]ou have nothing meaningful to reply with.[/size]

Mudley is the most ignorant person in the religion section. I've told him severally that hes a retard, now its be said by 2 more people.
At the end of the year u must get an award as the most [size=15pt]meaningless[/size] poster in the Religion section. Enjoy ur folly
Re: Does God Have A Personal Life? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jun 11, 2010
nuclearboy:

@Bastage:

[size=15pt]The dude has no life, no ambition and nothing to look forward to[/size]. He blames God and is looking (crying?) for attention. [size=15pt]I compare him to a young male elephant on heat who can't find a partner.[/size] They're known to pull down trees then attempt to mount them. But it will pass and he'll be restored to his natural self without the anger -[size=15pt] a slow retarded self-servicer[/size] who haunts cyber-cafes in search of what to do.

I know some atheists are reasonable and very intelligent, but this guy is a proper slowpoke and a disgrace to atheism
Re: Does God Have A Personal Life? by Mudley313: 7:23pm On Jun 11, 2010
Bastage:

All you have is what's been spoon-fed to you and then you repeat it parrot fashion ad infinitum. At the end of the day, you are no different from a Christian fundamentalist - just another ignorant, blinkered fool.

And your sarcasm? Hmmm, I think that's basically an excuse for yet more ignorance. You used the Virgin Birth as an example of the weakness of the Christian doctrine yet you have no clue what it actually means or from whence it originated. Claiming sanctuary in the realms of sarcasm only shows that you have nothing meaningful to reply with.

oh, shut the fvck up. i'm not one to brag about my personal intellectualism like y'all internet geeks on an annonymous online forum. but just so your daft-self know, i took several religious classes in college. and yea, virgin birth is sure one of the countless weaknesses of christian doctrines. it began to circulate long after jesus' death (i think, about 3 generations after) as a result of the natural progression of the "mythology" surrounding jesus.

The concept of a great man being the literal son of a god, and therefore born to a human virgin who is impregnated by said god, was a common theme in ancient mythology.

The most prominent ofsuch theme during the time and location in which Jesus lived was the mythology surrounding Romulus, the founder of Rome. He and his twin brother were said to have been birthed by a Vestal Virgin who was raped by a god and later put to death for having children. This mythology was part of the way that later Romans justified raising Romulus to the level of a god himself.

Another common virgin birth mythology, known to many people in the 1st century, is the egyptian version from the Mithras cult. Much of what we understand today as Christian traditions were actually Mithraic traditions, later overlayed onto the emerging Christian religion. Mithras was said to have been born of a virgin and incidentally, his birthday was celebrated on December 25th as well.

u happy now, u retarded slowpoke

nuclearboy:

@Bastage:

The dude has no life, no ambition and nothing to look forward to. He blames God and is looking (crying?) for attention. I compare him to a young male elephant on heat who can't find a partner. They're known to pull down trees then attempt to mount them. But it will pass and he'll be restored to his natural self without the anger - a slow retarded self-servicer who haunts cyber-cafes in search of what to do.

^^^another retarded slowpoke on the loose. like little kids you believe in fairy tales and imaginary beings and do not think that makes you nothing short of an imb.ecile. how unfortunate

toba:

Mudley is the most ignorant person in the religion section. I've told him severally that hes a retard, now its be said by 2 more people.
At the end of the year u must get an award as the most [size=15pt]meaningless[/size] poster in the Religion section. Enjoy your folly

and the biggest okpemu of them all. a cyber cafe geek who brags about being a phd holder but writes like a 3 year old. olodo-rapata
Re: Does God Have A Personal Life? by Bastage: 8:32pm On Jun 11, 2010
Mudley313:

it began to circulate long after jesus' death (i think, about 3 generations after) as a result of the natural progression of the "mythology" surrounding jesus.

You didn't listen in class then. Mark is thought by scholars to have been written within 60 to 70 years of the purported time of Jesus' death. That's hardly 3 generations.

Another common virgin birth mythology, known to many people in the 1st century, is the egyptian version from the Mithras cult.

Again, you didn't listen. The Mithraic cult was not Egyptian. It was Roman.

Much of what we understand today as Christian traditions were actually Mithraic traditions.

And you know this how? Scholars know very, very little about the Mithraic Mysteries. There are a few conjectures that some rituals and elements crossed over but in no way can your statement stand as true. The fact is, so little is known about the Mithras Cult, there is no way of knowing exactly what Christianity adopted.

So. After a quick perusal (you don't warrant more than that) three glaring mistakes in your rebuttal. And I'm meant to take you seriously?
Re: Does God Have A Personal Life? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 11, 2010
Mudley,i taught u would make a little sense in ur response,but as usual, you displayed retardity. I'll help u count the numbers of people that have observed ur ignorance, noetic,david,inesq,DS,nuclearboy,bastage&myself. Im sure ur fellow atheists would have noticed that u are a retard,but might not want to expose ur stupidity. Just continue.In december no one will be the most meaningless poster here,other than u.
Re: Does God Have A Personal Life? by nuclearboy(m): 9:43pm On Jun 11, 2010
^^^ Yes, Toba, other Atheists have noticed his unparalleled stupidity and thats why they keep away from anything that has him involved - no one likes to associate with a loser and this mudley313 guy is the greatest loser this forum has come across. Imagine Bastage's post above - without bothering to deepl study Mudleys' rubbish, he found 3 mistakes. This is a human to consider? shocked Atimes I wonder how 2 people can come together and actually bring forth something as idiotic as this - the dude should have been born a donkey. He has the mental capability of a dead flower.
Re: Does God Have A Personal Life? by DeepSight(m): 10:10pm On Jun 11, 2010
Bastage:

You didn't listen in class then. Mark is thought by scholars to have been written within 60 to 70 years of the purported time of Jesus' death. That's hardly 3 generations.

In 70 years there could be three generations if you consider a generation as a general age-group. This is demonstrated by the fact that a seventy year old person can easily have a son who also has a son. THREE GENERATIONS.

Again, you didn't listen. The Mithraic cult was not Egyptian. It was Roman.

He didn't say it was Egyptian. If you read again carefully he said it was the egyptian version of the myth.

And you know this how? Scholars know very, very little about the Mithraic Mysteries. There are a few conjectures that some rituals and elements crossed over but in no way can your statement stand as true. The fact is, so little is known about the Mithras Cult, there is no way of knowing exactly what Christianity adopted.

I agree with this. I once bandied about mithra myself but Davidylan successfully showed me that it could not be substantiated.

@ Mudley - by the way, Mithra is said to have emerged whole from a Rock: not born of a virgin.

Nonetheless it remains true that the myth about the virgin birth is most certainly influenced by many similar ancient traditions.

So. After a quick perusal (you don't warrant more than that) three glaring mistakes in your rebuttal. And I'm meant to take you seriously?

Mudley is often muddled up. But I will for my part pardon him because the bizzarre claims of many religions (particularly the christian faith) are quite enough to excercise any person's patience or sanity. It certainly has excercised mine violently in the past: and I dare say pushed me to the point where I have made remoseless enemies (online!) of some previously precious friends.

I happen to be dating a solid christian. For the peace and progress of the relationship I have since decided to place my objections in my pocket. Faith is what it is; and nobody can claim that it does not have its positive aspects. It does.
Re: Does God Have A Personal Life? by Bastage: 12:14am On Jun 12, 2010
Deep Sight:

In 70 years there could be three generations if you consider a generation as a general age-group. This is demonstrated by the fact that a seventy year old person can easily have a son who also has a son. THREE GENERATIONS.

True. But read the context which it was written in - "it began to circulate long after jesus' death". I doubt very strongly he meant it in the vein that you have put it in. Anyway, the gospels were probably circulating in some form very shortly after the supposed date of the death of Jesus.
They were very likely taken from the pre-dating "Q" source. Prior to that, there was almost certainly an oratory tradition. This would place them very shortly after 1AD and well within one generation rather than three.

He didn't say it was Egyptian. If you read again carefully he said it was the egyptian version of the myth.

As far as I know, there is no Egyptian version of the Mithraic Mysteries predating Christianity or of any importance in it's formation. The cult was perhaps Persian based but nobody knows for sure. Modern scholars propound the theory that it was created exclusively in Rome drawing from earlier Hellenistic thought.
One should also remember (referring back to my statement about the "Q" source and the oratory tradition) that Mithraism does not seem to have been practiced until 80AD - after the formation of Christianity.

@ Mudley - by the way, Mithra is said to have emerged whole from a Rock: not born of a virgin.

Heh. Give him his due here, Mithras was born out of the Earth - "solo aestu libidinis". Basically "Born without sex". As no human influence was involved it could be said to be a Virgin Birth although not born out of a virgin as those who like to use it as an argument against Christianity would have others believe.

Mudley is often muddled up. But I will for my part pardon him because the bizzarre claims of many religions (particularly the christian faith) are quite enough to excercise any person's patience or sanity.

Just a few minutes of reading his posts and I'd have to agree with you. He states that Rhea Silvia (the mother of Romulus and Remus) was put to death. In fact, tradition has it that her life was spared and that she went on to marry the god Tiberinus.
He also states:

The most prominent ofsuch theme during the time and location in which Jesus lived was the mythology surrounding Romulus, the founder of Rome

No. Look up the birth of Isaac. Although not strictly speaking a virgin birth (his mother was sterile) this would have been far more a prominent of such a theme in the time and location where Jesus lived. The people of Palestine might have been under Roman administration but they practiced Jewish tradition. Abraham was the founder of Judaism and his son Isaac, the product of a miraculous birth. No suprise then that Jesus should be the product of a miraculous birth too as the so-called founder of Christianity. Roman influence wasn't needed.
Re: Does God Have A Personal Life? by Mudley313: 3:49am On Jun 12, 2010

correct me if i'm wrong, but from my own understanding the gospels of matthew and luke are the only christian writings in existence that mention anything about a virgin birth. none of the letters of paul (written much earlier than any gospel), none of the letters of later christian leaders, neither the gospels of mark nor john nor any of the earliest gnostic gospels, nor any other canonical text, ever mentions a virgin birth. paul, the earliest christian writer, actually uses terms to refer to mary that would only be used to refer to a married, sexually-active woman. mark, the earliest gospel writer, mentions no virgin birth at all, and the writer of john (the last gospel to be written), in addition to having no virgin birth tale, actually calls Jesus the "son of Joseph" in chapter 6

i also understood that although the virgin birth does not appear in the Christian tradition until about 80-85 C.E.,  it seemed to disappear from the christian tradition after about 95-100 C.E. the virgin birth may have, in fact, not even been a widespread belief among 1st century christians. it may well have been a regional thing among jewish christians living in a small area of roman jerusalem, established first in writing by the author of matthew, continued by the gentile author of luke, and then dying out thereafter, until resurrected by 2nd and 3rd century christians who were beginning to study and assemble early christian writings and attempting to develop a doctrinal view of the meaning of jesus's life(its why i pinned its widespread circulation at 3 generation).

thank you. the egyptian version ususally didn't involve a heavenly god impregnating a virgin, but it most certainly included a god-king impregnating his queen to produce a god-prince who would someday rule the kingdom.

from my understanding mithraism, the story of romulus and remus, and the general idea that great men must be conceived by gods rather than regular mortals, explains the genesis and development of the virgin birth stories surrounding jesus. mithras being born of a virgin was one of only many stories about his birth - others, like you stated, said he sprang from a rock. this mythology was part of the way that later romans justified raising romulus to the level of a god himself. julius caesar had a statue built next to romulus and other roman gods, which was one of the actions that led to his assassination cos he seemed to be claiming godship.

Mudley is often muddled up. But I will for my part pardon him because the bizzarre claims of many religions (particularly the christian faith) are quite enough to excercise any person's patience or sanity. It certainly has excercised mine violently in the past: and I dare say pushed me to the point where I have made remoseless enemies (online!) of some previously precious friends.

co-sign. bastage, i'd like to apologize for my earlier insultive attacks (although you started the name-calling) cos i'm actually learning here. this had always been my initial intentions for posting on the religious forum but i soon figured the so-called christians will rather resort to christ-like personal insults, its why i decided to play it their way. i'm no christian and as an original warri boy i'm very comfortable with the an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth type gutter way of communication
Re: Does God Have A Personal Life? by Mudley313: 4:13am On Jun 12, 2010
Now back to my regular self. . .

Mudley,i taught u would make a little sense in your response,but as usual, you displayed retardity.

its "thought" not taught and "retardation" not retardity. you im.becile

^^^ Yes, Toba, other Atheists have noticed his unparalleled stupidity and thats why they keep away from anything that has him involved - no one likes to associate with a loser and this mudley313 guy is the greatest loser this forum has come across.

like i give a flying fvck about forming associations with faceless screen names on an internet forum. i have a life mister, you try go get one. life does not revolve around an online internet forum. stop taking this crap way too seriously forming e-cliques and sh.t. there's more to life than this internet sh.t; its called REALITY - where you're much more of a loser

This is a human to consider?   Atimes I wonder how 2 people can come together and actually bring forth something as idiotic as this - the dude should have been born a donkey. He has the mental capability of a dead flower.

(clears throat). first off, thanks for the christ-like compliments. but seriously tho, i have to blame your incompetent father for not flushing you with the condom down the toilet after paying for s.ex with your pro.stitute mother. now look what the world has to accomodate, a mentally retarded, maladjusted and hypocritical religious fanatic. do us all a favor and walk your retarded azz down the middle of a busy freeway with your eyes closed. you would be doing your poverty stricken family a huge favor; trust me
Re: Does God Have A Personal Life? by nuclearboy(m): 7:04am On Jun 12, 2010
@Mudley dear (oh, how you wish it was a broad writing that ehn grin) :

Told you you're retarded. So when your mam got pregnant, your dad used a condom right? Haven't you now shown that you were the mistake I wondered at? And at the same time proved you're in heat and unable to do anything about it cos only a child would write what you did about conception.

Deprived Virgin baby, looking for a roll in the hay, angry at the world, flailing out at everyone! Its not God's fault, boy. Humble yourself, get educated, shave your back, descale your face, have your teeth cleaned and shave your nostrils - then maybe, just maybe, you'll find an old diseased who.re ready to take you on and calm your boiling blood. But we'll miss you O, cos she'll take your yearly allowance for cyber-cafes before allowing you which means bye bye to mud & company from NL
Re: Does God Have A Personal Life? by Bastage: 10:29am On Jun 12, 2010
Mudley313:

i soon figured the so-called christians will rather resort to christ-like personal insults, its why i decided to play it their way.

I will only address this for a moment:

You are wasting your time and if you try to fight fire with fire, any post you make will be a waste of time. Neither atheist, agnostic or fundamentalist will see any sense in your posts. All they will see are the insults.
You cannot beat fundamentalism with harsh words. In fact, you cannot beat it with logic as most are so blind that they do not want to see. But logic and reasoning is the best weapon in the armoury that you have. It does them the most damage. As I said earlier, without it, you end up looking no different from them.
Insults aren't going to get you anywhere. Sure, it's nice to give a broadside now and again, but they should be used sparingly. Many here know that to destroy your argument, all they've got to do is get you to lose your temper. That way, any sense that you have written is hidden in a cloud of condemnation.
Re: Does God Have A Personal Life? by Nobody: 11:48am On Jun 12, 2010
this is a good advice for the young boy mudley.I hope he takes it.I doubt if one can find senses in any of his over 400 Posts till now rather than insults&senselessness
Bastage:

I will only address this for a moment:

mudley
You are wasting your time and if you try to fight fire with fire, any post you make will be a waste of time. Neither atheist, agnostic or fundamentalist will see any sense in your posts. All they will see are the insults
Re: Does God Have A Personal Life? by noetic16(m): 6:44pm On Jun 12, 2010
Deep Sight:

[size=30pt]I happen to be dating a solid christian[/size]. For the peace and progress of the relationship I have since decided to place my objections in my pocket. Faith is what it is; and nobody can claim that it does not have its positive aspects. It does.

u and ur solid Christian, are u both involved se.xually? The obvious answer is Yes. This is Fornication. Since no true Christian fornicates . . . , would I be wrong to highlight ur unfounded and ridiculous generalisation of Christians. This is part of the dogma u have continued to brandish as wisdom.

Not all church-goers or bible-readers are Christians.
Re: Does God Have A Personal Life? by Mudley313: 11:32pm On Jun 12, 2010
@Mudley dear (oh, how you wish it was a broad writing that ehn  ) :

Told you you're retarded. So when your mam got pregnant, your dad used a condom right? Haven't you now shown that you were the mistake I wondered at? And at the same time proved you're in heat and unable to do anything about it cos only a child would write what you did about conception.

Deprived Virgin baby, looking for a roll in the hay, angry at the world, flailing out at everyone! Its not God's fault, boy. Humble yourself, get educated, shave your back, descale your face, have your teeth cleaned and shave your nostrils - then maybe, just maybe, you'll find an old diseased who.re ready to take you on and calm your boiling blood. But we'll miss you O, cos she'll take your yearly allowance for cyber-cafes before allowing you which means bye bye to mud & company from NL

oboy, na kolo you dey so o

this is a good advice for the young boy mudley.I hope he takes it.I doubt if one can find senses in any of his over 400 Posts till now rather than insults&senselessness

see joblessness. no seriously, why are you following nuclearboy around on some sought of imagined e-tag team toothless assault. are you both gay lovers?

You are wasting your time and if you try to fight fire with fire, any post you make will be a waste of time. Neither atheist, agnostic or fundamentalist will see any sense in your posts. All they will see are the insults.
You cannot beat fundamentalism with harsh words. In fact, you cannot beat it with logic as most are so blind that they do not want to see. But logic and reasoning is the best weapon in the armoury that you have. It does them the most damage. As I said earlier, without it, you end up looking no different from them.
Insults aren't going to get you anywhere. Sure, it's nice to give a broadside now and again, but they should be used sparingly. Many here know that to destroy your argument, all they've got to do is get you to lose your temper. That way, any sense that you have written is hidden in a cloud of condemnation.

@ bolded - i'm not on a mission to "beat" anybody, i'm just here to have fun (you can tell by my thread titles) and dont take mere words on a screen from faceless internet geeks that seriously for me to loss an ounce of my temper, it is they who are quick to get their panties in a bunch and usually start with the personal insult, i just respond back verbatim. i dont take this internet stuff that seriously like these no-life-having e-christian online trolls. logic is not in the dictionary of these rabid christian religious fanatics (especially today's modern-day naija ones) its why i resort to the language they understand. its no better than attempting to use logic and rationality in trying to convince a mad man on the street that he's not the president and cars on the streets are not luxury cruisers

its just funny how these supposedly christ-like naija followers of a jewish carpenter conduct themselves in such hypocritically unchrist-like manner. atleast, for me, according to them, i'm already condemned to spend eternity in the fiery torture chamber of their draconic jewish deity nicknamed yahweh

Re: Does God Have A Personal Life? by jesus3: 7:23am On Jun 13, 2010
I wonder why sanity have eluded some people&insanity overshadows them. Mental well being needs to be examined before people are accepted into forum,pity that its not just possible.
I have never seen anyone thats as senseless as this guy in the entire Nl(im sure others can attest to same)with his frivolous posts&God obssession. Should he be taken seriously or just left to his folly?
Re: Does God Have A Personal Life? by nuclearboy(m): 8:13am On Jun 13, 2010
@Mudley313:

I think Bastage was just humoring you, trying to save you from further ridicule and save us all from your moronic presence. Your pathetic attempt to reason back with him is like a worm-maggot calling out to a Man "notice me, please notice me".

You only want to catch fun so why do you get angry? Do WE seem angry when we jibe at you? Do we address others such-like with the consistence we do you? Seems funny when everyone ridicules just the one person, isn't it, especially when they are civil and mature with others? And your idea of fun is insulting the belief system of 2 Billion people each and every one of whom has more brains than you do and better communication skills? grin Even a baby's cries make more sense than your "speech"! grin But what do I expect from a chap who does 14 hours daily labouring in a biscuit making factory owned by Lebanese task-masters and then spends the next 8 hours at a cybercafe - you ought be angry but it wasn't God that made your life the misery it is.

All you had to have done was read, when in high school, rather than contracting the syphilis that has your brain mirroring Idi Amins today. Smoking pawpaw leaves with MJ, drinking cheap spirits and the love-peddlers you favoured has brought you to this point. Be angry at them.

Pray to God for help and He'll send a solution. In the meantime and as "Bastage" said - Neither atheist, agnostic or fundamentalist sees any sense in your posts
Re: Does God Have A Personal Life? by Mudley313: 11:16am On Jun 13, 2010
@Mudley313:

I think Bastage was just humoring you, trying to save you from further ridicule and save us all from your moronic presence. Your pathetic attempt to reason back with him is like a worm-maggot calling out to a Man "notice me, please notice me".

You only want to catch fun so why do you get angry? Do WE seem angry when we jibe at you? Do we address others such-like with the consistence we do you? Seems funny when everyone ridicules just the one person, isn't it, especially when they are civil and mature with others? And your idea of fun is insulting the belief system of 2 Billion people each and every one of whom has more brains than you do and better communication skills? Even a baby's cries make more sense than your "speech"! But what do I expect from a chap who does 14 hours daily labouring in a biscuit making factory owned by Lebanese task-masters and then spends the next 8 hours at a cybercafe - you ought be angry but it wasn't God that made your life the misery it is.

All you had to have done was read, when in high school, rather than contracting the syphilis that has your brain mirroring Idi Amins today. Smoking pawpaw leaves with MJ, drinking cheap spirits and the love-peddlers you favoured has brought you to this point. Be angry at them.

Pray to God for help and He'll send a solution. In the meantime and as "Bastage" said - Neither atheist, agnostic or fundamentalist sees any sense in your posts

seriously, do you have a life outside of the internet? i pity you and your degenerate family
Re: Does God Have A Personal Life? by nuclearboy(m): 11:55am On Jun 13, 2010
^^^ To you, NO! But then, you're a slovenly slobbering retard and deluded too, ain't it? So you don't count grin And your ancestry would give their souls to have links to my family, ebi olokada wink
Re: Does God Have A Personal Life? by Mudley313: 12:31pm On Jun 13, 2010
^^^ To you, NO! But then, you're a slovenly slobbering retard and deluded too, ain't it? So you don't count And your ancestry would give their souls to have links to my family, ebi olokada

shake my head @ this mentally retarded internet troll. u forgot to post in long titangraphs to proove how smart you are to your online friends

(1) (2)

Islam Vs Terrorism / More Than A Weekly Routine- Pastor Chris / Funny Church Names.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.