Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,136 members, 7,880,566 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:14 PM

N13b Suit Slammed On Mtn - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / N13b Suit Slammed On Mtn (2912 Views)

MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ / How To Share Mb On Mtn Nigeria / Etisalat Slammed With A N10 Million Law Suit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

N13b Suit Slammed On Mtn by Huramabi(m): 2:51pm On Jun 08, 2010
An infrastructural telecommunication provider company, Alan Dick (West Africa) whose insolvency and liquidation was alleged to have been as a result of MTN Communications Limited indebtedness to it has slammed a N13 billion suit on the MTN communication.
According to a suit filed before Justice Tsho of a Federal High Court in Lagos by a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Dr. S.P.A. Ajibade, it was alleged that in the course of the duties of the liquidators of Alan Dick company, the liquidators discovered that MTN indebtedness to the company was in the sum of N1,263,327,966.54.
Consequently, the liquidators notified MTN company by a letter requesting how the debt could be liquidated.
In its response, the defendant in one of their meetings, MTN admitted owing the plaintiff the sum of N1,259,489,524 but deducted N153,401,931.71 from the admitted sum purporting it to be the sum total of debt owed it by Alan Dick company in the course of rendering services prior to its liquidation, therefore leaving an admitted balance, of the sum of N106,087,592.95 as due and owed the plaintiff.
The plaintiff then contended that the defendant’s claim is spurious and an after thought designed to eclipse its admitted indebtedness to it.
However, the plaintiff alleged further that since the discovery of the debt the defendant has refused to liquidate the debt.
Allan Dick company was alleged to have obtained N3,392,440,172 credit facilities towards the execution of job order obtained from MTN communication company.
Allan Dick company also alleged that the MTN communication indebtedness to it was the main cause of its insolvency and liquidation as some of the debts due to it from MTN were due and owed as far back as 2007. The loan facilities obtained from banks continue to accumulate huge interest running into hundreds of million of naira.
The plaintiff also contended that pecuniary problems occasioned by the defendant’s indebtedness deteriorated to such abysmal point that it was no longer able to pay its loan, meet its tax obligations as well as pay its subcontractors involved in the execution of the defendant projects.
The plaintiff is owing nine companies about N9.9 billion.
In view of this debt burden the plaintiff’s claim against the defendants are as follows:
The sum of N1,106,087,592.95 being the debt admitted by the plaintiff; the sum of N153,401,931.71 being deduction made by the defendant but admitted.
The sum of N9,959,201,495 being loss and damages suffered as a result of the defendant’s failure to honour its obligation.
Also, N2.5 billion is being demanded as general liquidation plus 15% interest since liquidation.

http://www.geria.net/2010/06/07/n13b-suit-slammed-on-mtn/
Re: N13b Suit Slammed On Mtn by chelseabmw(m): 1:32am On Jun 09, 2010
Mtn again? More to come their way.lol! grin
Re: N13b Suit Slammed On Mtn by Tcrack(m): 6:40am On Jun 09, 2010
Alan manliness ko, Alan womanliness ni. una wan kollect #13 billion. una de mad. una ni even talk 13 million.
Re: N13b Suit Slammed On Mtn by dipo2much(m): 6:52am On Jun 09, 2010
MTN admitted owing the plaintiff the sum of N1,259,489,524

N1.3b debt. WTF. They probably started sending those disgraceful text to subsribers in other to raise some money to pay their debt since they were in formed of intentions to take them to court. This one's gonna be a hard one for MTN
Re: N13b Suit Slammed On Mtn by Nobody: 7:13am On Jun 09, 2010
heard their name meant 'Mobile Thieves Network'
Re: N13b Suit Slammed On Mtn by aieromon(m): 8:22am On Jun 09, 2010
donspony:

heard their name meant 'Mobile Thieves Network'

Hmm,semid4lyfe,your coinage has traveled far and wide cool
Re: N13b Suit Slammed On Mtn by wazobiang: 8:25am On Jun 09, 2010
fleece em!
Re: N13b Suit Slammed On Mtn by sayso: 9:33am On Jun 09, 2010
Alan Maniless,very funny
Re: N13b Suit Slammed On Mtn by suxes2005(m): 10:11am On Jun 09, 2010
More 2 come dia way IJN.

Dey av stolen enuf from us so let
them also reap d fruit of dia labour

SHALOM
Re: N13b Suit Slammed On Mtn by desthan(m): 10:20am On Jun 09, 2010
Talking about a ''PRIVATE PART'' business grin grin grin
Re: N13b Suit Slammed On Mtn by eros(m): 10:24am On Jun 09, 2010
MTN is going down this time around. They have extorted Nigerians from the very first day they set their foot in the shores of Nigeria and will not escape this cooperate robbery. angry angry angry angry

M - Mobile
T - Thieves
N - Network
Re: N13b Suit Slammed On Mtn by kobikwelu(m): 10:26am On Jun 09, 2010
the moment those mobile thieves decided to move their shop to ghana,

dey dont deserve any pity!!!!!
angry angry angry angry angry
Re: N13b Suit Slammed On Mtn by Parnassuss(m): 11:44am On Jun 09, 2010
M-Monsters
T-Thriving on
N-Nigerians,

Bah, eff the coinage, MTN are vicious scoundrels, but then again, so is every major coperation in the world. Screw 'em, real hard Allan!
Re: N13b Suit Slammed On Mtn by violent(m): 11:47am On Jun 09, 2010
Alan Díck = Alan manliness

You gotta love seun's chinko software!
Re: N13b Suit Slammed On Mtn by sevo(m): 11:57am On Jun 09, 2010
13 billion 2 small nah.charge more.dose thieves.yesterday, one of dem send me msg sai ma 10 points fit win 2 million naira.something wey ma mama don dey play since and she get 10000 points and she neva win, na me wey get 10 points go come win.God go punish their mama.THIEVES, THIEVES, THIEVESSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Re: N13b Suit Slammed On Mtn by novaman: 12:08pm On Jun 09, 2010
We should watch what we pray to happen to others, I don't like MTN but I will rather see a stronger MTN and a dead one; who knows I may even have cousins, friends or friends of friends working there, and I don't want them to be out of job no matter what; I know not many will understand me, what if you are the one working with MTN and you think it will be ok if they go down
Re: N13b Suit Slammed On Mtn by sevo(m): 12:13pm On Jun 09, 2010
oga are u saying dat becos u may have friends or family members working with dem dey have d rite 2 milk us, no scratch dat, milk u dry?
Re: N13b Suit Slammed On Mtn by babaowo: 12:47pm On Jun 09, 2010
thats why they want to run to ghana
Re: N13b Suit Slammed On Mtn by onyengbu1(m): 1:24pm On Jun 09, 2010
violent:

Alan Díck = Alan manliness

You gotta love seun's chinko software!

That tells you that people dont click source links on nairaland.

@violent;
it is not chinko software, its called smut filter. Its incorporated in every smf board and any serious web designer can code it.
Re: N13b Suit Slammed On Mtn by otukpo(f): 1:59pm On Jun 09, 2010
MTN- whatever, so far it has to do with fraud, anything negative.
Re: N13b Suit Slammed On Mtn by sley4life(m): 2:00pm On Jun 09, 2010
MTN are full of hoax
Re: N13b Suit Slammed On Mtn by Carlosein(m): 2:33pm On Jun 09, 2010
novaman:

We should watch what we pray to happen to others, I don't like MTN but I will rather see a stronger MTN and a dead one; who knows I may even have cousins, friends or friends of friends working there, and I don't want them to be out of job no matter what; I know not many will understand me, what if you are the one working with MTN and you think it will be ok if they go down

The same MTN ran Alan Dicke under, so they either get their acts together or get out!
Re: N13b Suit Slammed On Mtn by TMoni1(m): 2:58pm On Jun 09, 2010
All of you guys are abusing MTN, if i check you still carry their lines. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Migrate to Etisalat and your abuses will be justified.
Re: N13b Suit Slammed On Mtn by puskin: 3:16pm On Jun 09, 2010
. . . . . , . . . Since everyone is suing MTN. . . . . lemme prepare to file my own suit against them now!!!!!
Re: N13b Suit Slammed On Mtn by stereotype: 5:07pm On Jun 09, 2010
i want laff die, Alanmanliness!!!!, nairaland should do something about their filter.
i used to work for Al@nd1ck and i can say that the expatriates there ran al@nd1ck down. Employing dumb people just because they are white.
MTN owes them a lot of money but that is not the primary reason they went down.
Re: N13b Suit Slammed On Mtn by Ejike3: 5:19pm On Jun 09, 2010
@Puskin
sue them for 'vanish as you recharge' billing.
Re: N13b Suit Slammed On Mtn by mrperfect2(m): 5:58pm On Jun 09, 2010
This is one of challenging aspect of business.
Re: N13b Suit Slammed On Mtn by akwaowoudo(m): 6:33pm On Jun 09, 2010
To any lenght, i support the sueing and verdict against Mtn. Mtn is practising slavery despite Nigeria's civilization.
Re: N13b Suit Slammed On Mtn by mrofficial(m): 7:11pm On Jun 09, 2010
I've never used an MTN Line, Even if zain, glo, and etisalat pack up, I will go and buy mtel.
Re: N13b Suit Slammed On Mtn by CarlosVent(m): 9:07pm On Jun 09, 2010
mtn is makin a lot from us and dey need to be tot a lesson
Re: N13b Suit Slammed On Mtn by babaogun(m): 12:10pm On Jun 10, 2010
Re: N13b Suit Slammed On Mtn by raptainer(m): 6:40pm On Jun 12, 2010
oboy see TORY OOOOO

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Airtel Free MB A Scam? / Strange! Custom Duty For A Phone Sent Via DHL / Samsung Galaxy Note2 Insane Chip Sds...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.