Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,395 members, 7,881,435 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:30 PM

Tell LASTMA Official To Take You To Court If You're Arrested - LASTMA GM - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tell LASTMA Official To Take You To Court If You're Arrested - LASTMA GM (464 Views)

Trailer Crushes NSCDC Official To Death In Niger / Trailer Crushes Female LASTMA Officer To Death In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) / To Make A Complaint Against A LASTMA Official, Call Any Of These Phone Numbers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tell LASTMA Official To Take You To Court If You're Arrested - LASTMA GM by autojosh: 5:39pm On Jul 03, 2018
Sometime ago, Autojosh did an article to highlight your road traffic rights when dealing with LASTMA officials.

See the article: Can LASTMA Officials Arrest Me?

In the article, we highlighted how to exercise some of your road traffic rights when confronted by a LASTMA official.

The General Manager of the State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA), Musa Olawale, has further enforced some of those points.

In a recent interview on RhythmFM, the LASTMA GM, said everyone has the right to tell that LASTMA official to take you to court when arrested for any traffic offense.

He said “No LASTMA officer has the right to arrest you when there are no signs, but I tell that there will be signs there. People don’t have that kind of training to look at signs.

“I have instances myself I called people, they will tell me there’s no sign and I take them back and they see sign.

“Sometimes our people see the signs and think they can get away with it and they tell you that LASTMA is ambushing them. If it were to be in an advance country, there will be no LASTMA there, just camera to take your photos.

“There’ll be nobody to take you back and once that camera takes your photo, you will pay for it.”

See also 11 Steps To File A Complaint Against A LASTMA Official

“If there’s no sign, you have the right to say take me to court.“

“Because right now in LASTMA, we don’t issue tickets when you commit offenses.That LASTMA and that offender would both go and face the court”

“And the LASTMA officer has to prove that person is guilty and that’s what we set up now.”

“If you have that experience, tell that LASTMA officer that I want to go to court now.”

Watch the video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5xgRQgtHSA

https://autojosh.com/take-you-to-court-when-arrested-for-any-traffic-offense-lastma-boss/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tell LASTMA Official To Take You To Court If You're Arrested - LASTMA GM by autojosh: 5:39pm On Jul 03, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Do you want an Invite to the United States? / Traveling Through Jos / Fuel Tanker Crashes Into A Building In Onitsha And Left 60 Lives Lost Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.