Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,741 members, 7,979,509 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 10:32 AM

Five Myths About Adventure Travel In Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Five Myths About Adventure Travel In Nigeria (337 Views)

What Are The Benefits Of Adventure Travel? / Adventure In Ireland / Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Five Myths About Adventure Travel In Nigeria by gideonjeta(m): 1:23am On Jul 04, 2018
In fact, adventure is all about change . It’s about growth , and growth is the core of life . Read on as we bust the top five myths about adventure travel in Nigeria .

Myth 1
Adventure is stupid and a waste of time” Did you really travel that far to see just a mountain ? Ordinary mountain ? Do you have a day job ?” Everything in life is all about making plans and time for what you love . Adventures build confidence and make you challenge yourself more each time.
Once life is looking clumsy , find an opportunity to go somewhere new where you can immerse yourself into nature . You may get renewed and energised after travelling through a place and looking up to the hills you have conquered .

Myth 2
Adventure is expensive A trip to the summit of Everest is about $ 30 , 000 ( N 10 , 785 ,000 ) and Kilimanjaro should be about $ 4000 ( N 1, 438 ,000 ) . But you can visit amazing spots in Nigeria for close to nothing .
Travelling with a group is always cheaper , thanks to discounts on transportation and hotel accommodation . Also , when work -related activities take you to new places , find time to explore what the state has to offer .

Myth 3
Adventure is childish Someone once said that paintballing as a group was childish. “How can we grown-up people be shooting ourselves with toy guns? No o !” People are now embracing adventure as a culture and are always eager for the next trip . When adulthood hits you like an aeroplane , find time to be that child again .

Myth 4
Adventure travel is dangerous and risky When you get to your destination, find a local who will take you around . Be polite and tip them . Adventure travel is only as extreme as you make it out to be . Adventure is also relative . You don’t have to try extreme stuff like jumping out of a jet, feeding sharks at River Mississippi or taunting angry bulls in Spain . That is not for everyone.

Myth 5
Adventure travel needs fitness. “I can ’t hike . My body size won’ t let me. Adventure is for athletic people .” As far as your doctor doesn ’t say certain adventure means risking your life , you don’t need to be too fit or athletic to give it a try. Your body size should even be more reason for you to go hiking.

https://www.nigerialog.com/travel/five-myths-about-adventure-travel-in-nigeria/new/#new
Re: Five Myths About Adventure Travel In Nigeria by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:23am On Jul 04, 2018
It's a good thing to go on adventure once in a while.
It soothes the soul.
Re: Five Myths About Adventure Travel In Nigeria by okwabayi(m): 5:29am On Jul 04, 2018
Booked to read later.

[UPDATE]
Everything typed here is the truth.
I wish we can convince our parents to go on adventures once in a while. Going to new locations keeps the mind fresh and hungry for knowledge.
See me here complaining about our parents when even I have lost the sense of adventure. It's time to book an unknown [key word: safe] destination here in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Another Diesel Tanker Explosion Around Eco Bank Head Office / All Passengers Rescued After A Boat Accident In Bonny, Rivers State / Does It Take One To Receive Decision On Belgium Visa More Than 15 Working Days?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.