Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,497 members, 7,885,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 11:27 PM

I’ll Support Igbo Presidency At The Right Time – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Support Igbo Presidency At The Right Time – Buhari (1247 Views)

Abdurrahman Sumaila: Don't Support Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2023 / 2023: Forces Against Igbo Presidency At Work – Okorocha / Sovereign Wealth Fund: More Lies From Presidency At Ramadan – Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Support Igbo Presidency At The Right Time – Buhari by Emmybweb9: 4:24am On Jul 04, 2018
GIST FROM WAKABOBO.COM

President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday said he believed that the Igbo had the right to the Presidency and promised to back Igbo Presidency at “the |right time.”

He, however, solicited the support of the Igbo for his re-election bid in 2019, saying next year’s general elections would determine the future of the country.

Buhari, who spoke in Owerri, the Imo State capital, during a “mega rally” by his party, All Progressives Congress, South-East Zone, said that the elections were “make or mar” for the Igbo.

Represented by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha, Buhari pleaded with Ndigbo to support his reelection ambition in 2019.

“The 2019 election is not about political parties; it is about the Igbo nation. You need a paradigm shift; it will determine the future of this country,” the President said.

The APC National Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole, said four years was not enough for Buhari to deliver on all his campaign promises.

Ostensibly referring to former President Olusegun Obasanjo, Oshiomhole said: “for letter writers, we are happy that their evil plan of the third term did not work.”

“I thank Senator Ken Nnamani who held the Senate and made sure that there is no third tenure. For 16 years, the PDP destroyed this country,” he said.

According to him, judging by performance, Buhari deserves a second term in office.

Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State assured Buhari that the South-East zone would vote massively for him in 2019.

Meanwhile, the PDP has described APC’s Tuesday’s South-East zonal rally as a mockery on Buhari by the members of his party.

The PDP National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan, said Nigerians had a comic relief as speaker after speaker made a mockery of the President by ascribing non-existent projects as well as those initiated by others, particularly, the PDP, to him in furtherance of APC’s alleged renewed attempt to beguile Nigerians ahead of 2019 general elections.

According to him, the crowd at the APC rally was rented.

Ologbondiyan said, “Even the rented crowd showed and expressed a vote of no confidence in the ill-performed President and his party, as they refused to brandish the now famished APC brooms or respond to the party’s slogan, a development that signposts the rejection of the APC in the zone and of course, in other parts of our nation.

Culled from>>>https://wakabobo.com/ill-support-igbo-presidency-at-the-right-time-buhari/

Cc; Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: I’ll Support Igbo Presidency At The Right Time – Buhari by sarrki(m): 4:28am On Jul 04, 2018
Pmb taunting the wailers
Re: I’ll Support Igbo Presidency At The Right Time – Buhari by Nogodye(m): 4:40am On Jul 04, 2018
PMB till 2023...
Re: I’ll Support Igbo Presidency At The Right Time – Buhari by bosco2017: 4:52am On Jul 04, 2018
In ur grave

1 Like

Re: I’ll Support Igbo Presidency At The Right Time – Buhari by BabaRamota1980: 5:20am On Jul 04, 2018
Buhari says he is not corrupt. What does he think this is, lying to Igbos...

1 Like

Re: I’ll Support Igbo Presidency At The Right Time – Buhari by Nobody: 5:23am On Jul 04, 2018
Oh, you now agree you are a Fulani Presidwnt? Who did this to us as a nation? We don't want an Igbo, Yoruba, Hausaor Fulani President. We want a Nigerian President who will lead and administer justice to all without fear or favour.

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Support Igbo Presidency At The Right Time – Buhari by Wantedmiller: 5:41am On Jul 04, 2018
"Ologbondiyan said, “Even the rented crowd showed and expressed a vote of no confidence in the ill-performed President and his party, as they refused to brandish the now famished APC brooms or respond to the party’s slogan,"

With this Ologbondiyan went to the rally..... breach of party constitution.
Re: I’ll Support Igbo Presidency At The Right Time – Buhari by EternalTruths: 5:54am On Jul 04, 2018
Referendum is better than Presidency.

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Support Igbo Presidency At The Right Time – Buhari by Firefire(m): 6:26am On Jul 04, 2018
Hatred filled element making useless assertion.

Cow!

4 Likes

Re: I’ll Support Igbo Presidency At The Right Time – Buhari by mightyhazell: 6:48am On Jul 04, 2018
what is igbo presidency?

just listen to the mindset of a so called leader..
...and u wonder why the country is such a sorry mess!

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Support Igbo Presidency At The Right Time – Buhari by dokiOloye(m): 6:50am On Jul 04, 2018
Onye oshi

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Support Igbo Presidency At The Right Time – Buhari by Nobody: 6:52am On Jul 04, 2018
This seems more of a threat than a speech..

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Support Igbo Presidency At The Right Time – Buhari by magoo10(m): 7:18am On Jul 04, 2018
Aboki keep your 5% support ,we don't need it.
Zombies will need it more when you are sent back to daura.

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Support Igbo Presidency At The Right Time – Buhari by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 04, 2018
Buhari is a terrorist...
Rochas is a clown
uche nwosu is an almajiri.
Re: I’ll Support Igbo Presidency At The Right Time – Buhari by SalamRushdie: 7:36am On Jul 04, 2018
Hahahahaha only a big fool will expect Buhari to support an Igbo President , Buhari won't even support a the emergence of even a Yoruba president in his lifetime despite the support he has received from from the few greedy and shallow ones still supporting him cluelessly ....

1 Like

Re: I’ll Support Igbo Presidency At The Right Time – Buhari by Nobody: 7:44am On Jul 04, 2018
Igbos won't buy this. If you think they can reshape the nation, support an Igbo presidential candidate Now! Why wait till 2023?
Re: I’ll Support Igbo Presidency At The Right Time – Buhari by Omeokachie: 7:45am On Jul 04, 2018
Living up to his GCFR title.

Grand Comedian of the Federal Republic.
Re: I’ll Support Igbo Presidency At The Right Time – Buhari by Nobody: 7:47am On Jul 04, 2018
kaorama:
Oh, you now agree you are a Fulani Presidwnt? Who did this to us as a nation? We don't want an Igbo, Yoruba, Hausaor Fulani President. We want a Nigerian President who will lead and administer justice to all without fear or favour.
Naija is not wired that way...ko le werk! We are forever divided along religious and ethnic lines. A terrible thing for the growth of a nation if you ask me.
Re: I’ll Support Igbo Presidency At The Right Time – Buhari by 1shortblackboy: 7:51am On Jul 04, 2018
my brothers and sisters herein lies Nigeria's problem. Igbo presidency, yoruba presidency, hausa- fulani presidency. the painful part is that these politicians dont even know its a problem

1 Like

Re: I’ll Support Igbo Presidency At The Right Time – Buhari by phase1: 8:04am On Jul 04, 2018
The desperation for the 'useless 5 percent' votes of the East is alarming.

The East are not fools they know the Bumharri doesn't deserve to rule a kindergaten school let alone a multi-ethnic country.

Less that 0.05 percent is what bumhari will get from the East because the East have seen it all, no amount of veiled threat can stop bugarri from losing.

The East will vote bumharri if he can wake up those he killed in Aba, Onitsha, PH during Referendum rallies.
Re: I’ll Support Igbo Presidency At The Right Time – Buhari by OfficialAPCNig: 8:10am On Jul 04, 2018
We shall support you if you resurrect those massacred in MB, Abia, Anambra, Kaduna, Rivers, Akwa Ibom e.t.c
Re: I’ll Support Igbo Presidency At The Right Time – Buhari by EmekusTHEgreat(m): 8:12am On Jul 04, 2018
Hmmm.. Nairalanders can you smell that familiar ooze?
The smell of political propaganda and the election cycle..
Re: I’ll Support Igbo Presidency At The Right Time – Buhari by Nobody: 8:34am On Jul 04, 2018
candy:

Naija is not wired that way...ko le werk! We are forever divided along religious and ethnic lines. A terrible thing for the growth of a nation if you ask me.
My dear, it is a terrible thing
How did we get here?
Re: I’ll Support Igbo Presidency At The Right Time – Buhari by kernel508: 8:44am On Jul 04, 2018
sarrki:
Pmb taunting the wailers

We're wailers, but you're supporter, and an accomplice of te%rorism.
Re: I’ll Support Igbo Presidency At The Right Time – Buhari by Adekdammy: 8:47am On Jul 04, 2018
A position Tinubu is already eyeing.
Re: I’ll Support Igbo Presidency At The Right Time – Buhari by Masterppower: 8:48am On Jul 04, 2018
Igbos are not interested in any terrorist gift...

Onyinye ekwensu is very bad...
Re: I’ll Support Igbo Presidency At The Right Time – Buhari by jumobi1(m): 8:54am On Jul 04, 2018
This PMB of a man said “at the right time”.
There’s no right time(implying wrong time) for a person of any tribe to run for Nigerian President. Our leader should be more brilliant and progressive than this.
Re: I’ll Support Igbo Presidency At The Right Time – Buhari by Paperwhite(m): 9:09am On Jul 04, 2018
EternalTruths:
Referendum is better than Presidency.
Same mind here sir.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Support Igbo Presidency At The Right Time – Buhari by RevenGeMission: 6:36am On Jul 05, 2018
Well, i hope by the right time is when they are no longer bigots crying up and down about marginalization
Re: I’ll Support Igbo Presidency At The Right Time – Buhari by gidgiddy: 6:40am On Jul 05, 2018
Why does Buhari think that the Presidency of a messed up place like Nigeria is what is important to Igbos?

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Must Corrupt President Facts Emerges / Oshiobaba And Wife Sighted Enjoying In Miami Beach USA / NEXTLEVEL: Buhari Will Use F.G Lands To Set Up Cattle Colonies.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.