Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,877 members, 7,889,926 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 02:41 AM

Why There's No Politician Like Balarabe... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why There's No Politician Like Balarabe... (233 Views)

No Politician Can Save Nigeria, Only A Revolution Can - Deji Adeyanju / No Politician Is Worth Fighting For - Odewale Adesoye / How Tinubu, Oshiomhole And Balarabe Musa Stopped My Defection - Shehu Sani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why There's No Politician Like Balarabe... by chido2018: 11:01am On Jul 04, 2018
[img]https://4.bp..com/-la4XTZdqT7I/WzyZlBhlhXI/AAAAAAAAAqM/Y19Io-xZ-cgN-7ZzFjLSwWJ_xzkAfDw6ACLcBGAs/s1600/oshe.jpg[/img]

Source:http://www.captaindoz.com.ng/2018/07/why-theres-no-politician-like-balarabe.html

The National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, has described Alhaji Balarabe Musa, a former Governor of old Kaduna State, as a man that is exemplary in his life and politics.

He stated this while speaking at the launch of a book titled: “Balarabe Musa, the Voice of the Masses’’ on Tuesday in Abuja.

“I personally will say I know not of any honest, sincere and incorruptible man as Alhaji Balarabe Musa, when we are talking of integrity and honesty, you cannot equate any Nigerian with him,’’ Oshiomhole said.

He noted that even as governor, Musa refused to negotiate when he was to be impeached as most present governors would do to secure their office.

He further noted that the ex-governor was not impeached for stealing, corruption or abuse of office, but because he refused to bend and open the state’s treasury for people to help themselves.

The APC national chairman added that Musa was impeached because he refused to pursue policies that in his judgment would be inimical to the welfare and well-being of the people of Kaduna state.

“For that, the forces that wanted things to remain the way they were predetermined to check him out.

“I am aware that there were all manners of forces to make him negotiate, but for him, you don’t negotiate your conviction.

“When you now compare that tradition to where we are today, where people decamp in the morning and before they get their registration card in the evening, because they did wrong calculations, they decamp back and they keep decamping.

“When they contest for an office and don’t win, they will go to another party and keep going like that,’’ Oshiomhole said, adding that this showed lack of commitment, value or political ideology.

He noted that to most politicians in the country, it was all about holding power, even if it meant holding power as an end in itself.

The APC national chairman and former governor of Edo stressed that to Musa, it was not about quantity, but “quality, principles, ideas and rugged commitment’’ to his ideology and belief.

“He is one person I found that even if he has to stand alone for what he believes in and every other person is going the other way because it is not convenient, he would rather stand alone.
“What I take from that is that you should do what you believe in even when you are alone,’’ he said...

For details click below
Source:http://www.captaindoz.com.ng/2018/07/why-theres-no-politician-like-balarabe.html

(1) (Reply)

Bloodsucking Vampires Have Taken Over Our Nation Under President Buhari And Vice / Herdsmen Or Something Else Killing Us: The Way Forward For Nigeria / Buhari Should Sack Finance Minister For Certificate Forgery – PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.