Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,912 members, 7,966,384 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 01:43 PM

Woman Forgot Grandson In House Fire But Remebered Her Dogs - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Forgot Grandson In House Fire But Remebered Her Dogs (795 Views)

My Parents Forgot My Birthday / Lady Wills 3million Dollars And Mansion To Her Dogs Just 4 Luv, What Will U Do? / 72-year-old Granny Having An Incestuous Affair With Her Own Grandson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Forgot Grandson In House Fire But Remebered Her Dogs by jokingmary(m): 10:50am On Jun 09, 2010
Mandy Hands, 45, said she forgot 11-year-old Curtis was sleeping inside the house in Coventry after she gathered up the family's four greyhounds and son Ashley, 16.

She only remembered her grandson after someone asked whether anyone else was inside - prompting a rescue operation by firefighters.

Mrs Hands told the Coventry Telegraph: "I can't get over the fact I left my grandson in bed.

"I was panicking so much trying to get everyone out that I forgot he was here. I never even checked on him.

"It was only when we were outside and someone said, 'Is there anyone else in there' that I remembered him, but no-one could get back in.

"I stood outside shouting up at the bedroom window and that was when the fire engines arrived."

Firefighters found Curtis - who was visiting from Portsmouth - asleep in a back bedroom and carried him to safety down a ladder as flames consumed the kitchen downstairs.

All three occupants were treated in hospital for smoke inhalation after the drama in Woodway Lane, Woodway Park, on Monday morning.

Mrs Hands' husband Craig, 41, and their eldest son, also called Craig, 19, left for work before the fire broke out. It is thought a faulty toaster started the blaze, which gutted the kitchen and damaged the rest of the house.
Re: Woman Forgot Grandson In House Fire But Remebered Her Dogs by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 09, 2010
Re: Woman Forgot Grandson In House Fire But Remebered Her Dogs by tigerpaws(f): 2:35pm On Jun 09, 2010
It only shows where her priorities are!

Absolutely disguisting. . . . Saving a dog first before your Grandson? What a shame
Re: Woman Forgot Grandson In House Fire But Remebered Her Dogs by rubi(f): 3:35pm On Jun 09, 2010
Thats what happen when one has so much passion for pet more than human beings
Re: Woman Forgot Grandson In House Fire But Remebered Her Dogs by Outstrip(f): 2:11am On Jun 10, 2010
Even though it is hard to understand it could be possible that the grandson does not live there and it escaped her mind that he was spending the night
Re: Woman Forgot Grandson In House Fire But Remebered Her Dogs by 28Schweet(f): 9:09am On Jun 10, 2010
jokingmary:

Mandy Hands, 45, said she forgot 11-year-old Curtis was sleeping inside the house in Coventry after she gathered up the family's four greyhounds and son Ashley, 16.

She only remembered her grandson after someone asked whether anyone else was inside - prompting a rescue operation by firefighters.

Mrs Hands told the Coventry Telegraph: "I can't get over the fact I left my grandson in bed.

"I was panicking so much trying to get everyone out that I forgot he was here. I never even checked on him.

"It was only when we were outside and someone said, 'Is there anyone else in there' that I remembered him, but no-one could get back in.

"I stood outside shouting up at the bedroom window and that was when the fire engines arrived."

Firefighters found Curtis - who was visiting from Portsmouth - asleep in a back bedroom and carried him to safety down a ladder as flames consumed the kitchen downstairs.

All three occupants were treated in hospital for smoke inhalation after the drama in Woodway Lane, Woodway Park, on Monday morning.

Mrs Hands' husband Craig, 41, and their eldest son, also called Craig, 19, left for work before the fire broke out. It is thought a faulty toaster started the blaze, which gutted the kitchen and damaged the rest of the house.
No one is kicking themselves more than that old lady.

It's human error, and not the love of pets, she's not used to having him there, so one can forgive her for forgetting him,
Re: Woman Forgot Grandson In House Fire But Remebered Her Dogs by Fhemmmy: 3:57pm On Jun 10, 2010
Well to the woman, the dogs and the boy are just siblings
Re: Woman Forgot Grandson In House Fire But Remebered Her Dogs by Akinagirl(f): 12:52am On Jun 11, 2010
I get so tired of people who put animals before other people. DISGUSTING!
Re: Woman Forgot Grandson In House Fire But Remebered Her Dogs by Fhemmmy: 2:13am On Jun 11, 2010
^^^ Different strokes
Re: Woman Forgot Grandson In House Fire But Remebered Her Dogs by Osama10(m): 2:26am On Jun 11, 2010
Na wa, Please bring my AK47 I need to wipe out these dogs.
Re: Woman Forgot Grandson In House Fire But Remebered Her Dogs by jokingmary(m): 3:19pm On Jun 11, 2010
Osama10:

Na wa, Please bring my AK47 I need to wipe out these dogs.

No shocked

Don't do that

They woman will assassinate you

But as for the boy, you are free.
Re: Woman Forgot Grandson In House Fire But Remebered Her Dogs by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 11, 2010
Apparently nobody here has ever been under real shock!

You'd be completely incapable of thinking of any sorts. Anything you to will be mechanical. I bet she didnt even know when she was gathering the dogs! undecided
Re: Woman Forgot Grandson In House Fire But Remebered Her Dogs by Fhemmmy: 7:58pm On Jun 11, 2010
Ujujoan:

Apparently nobody here has ever been under real shock!

You'd be completely incapable of thinking of any sorts. Anything you to will be mechanical. I bet she didnt even know when she was gathering the dogs! undecided

A shock that made you rescue the dogs and forget the kid, ought to kill that person.

(1) (Reply)

Is It Time To Give Up? / Create Your Life As You Want! By Changing Old Negetive Believes! / What Would You Do If You Were Arrested For Your Son's Offence?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.