Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,268 members, 7,881,029 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:09 AM

Recruitment: House Of Representatives To Review Age Barrier - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recruitment: House Of Representatives To Review Age Barrier (20883 Views)

House Of Representatives To Legalise Indian Hemp Use For Economic Benefits / House Of Representatives To Probe Obasanjo, Yar’Adua & Jonathan Power Contracts / State Police: House Of Representatives To Introduce Bill Next Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recruitment: House Of Representatives To Review Age Barrier by asawanathegreat(m): 10:51am On Jul 05, 2018
Good for the youth.
Re: Recruitment: House Of Representatives To Review Age Barrier by 9jaArea: 10:52am On Jul 05, 2018
Finally, a member of NASS is doing something reasonable.

1 Like

Re: Recruitment: House Of Representatives To Review Age Barrier by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 05, 2018
2019elections:
Highly commendable.

Nigeria will be great again.
Re: Recruitment: House Of Representatives To Review Age Barrier by thatigboman: 10:58am On Jul 05, 2018
petkoffdrake2:
Good but there are more pressing issues on our plates than this
is this not a burning issue? Or u want them to be disussing only libyan herdsmen and boko haram everyday?

1 Like

Re: Recruitment: House Of Representatives To Review Age Barrier by toye440: 10:58am On Jul 05, 2018
seenter84:
Move it to 45years
Remove age barrier, age does not guarantee performance.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recruitment: House Of Representatives To Review Age Barrier by strenghtt: 10:58am On Jul 05, 2018
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecidedwhen are they going to review politicians that are operating ( occupying elective positions ) at the helm of affairs of the government that are in possession of DUAL CITIZENSHIP ( possessing foreign citizenship passport at the same time in possession of Nigerian citizenship passport while occupying an elective positions )?

Is it possible for a minister in AMERICAN government to be holding Australian citizenship passport and still be allowed to serve in sensitive elective position of American government? That is the reason why they govern their countries with their lives since they know they have no other country they can lay hold on ( Not in possession of any foreign citizenship passport ).

That is not the case with Nigeria, if we were to research into the people representing us ( electable positions ) at the helm of affairs in both present and past government 80% of them possess or possessed one foreign citizenship passport or the other and they still claim to be Nigerians.

I won't be surprised if saraki, many of the senators and governors have both American and Briton citizenship passport in their walldrops while occupying a sensitive elective position like " Senate President, being a senator and governor respectively" This unpatriotic act by our selfish politicians I believe should be TOTALLY DISCOURAGED BY NIGERIAN CONSTITUTION!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recruitment: House Of Representatives To Review Age Barrier by felix000000(m): 11:02am On Jul 05, 2018
Good one, I pray they listen.
Re: Recruitment: House Of Representatives To Review Age Barrier by Deltatoto: 11:09am On Jul 05, 2018
petkoffdrake2:
this issue is serious do you know what it means to be denied employment cod one is above 30?

1 Like

Re: Recruitment: House Of Representatives To Review Age Barrier by adeoba2008(m): 11:16am On Jul 05, 2018
Kudos. It is long overdue.
Re: Recruitment: House Of Representatives To Review Age Barrier by divinelove(m): 11:20am On Jul 05, 2018
Nonsense law maker
Age is always a factor

Since there is retirement age there should be age limit in employment may be 35,yrs but there should be limit.

No one will employ grandpa or ma into civil service on entry level
Re: Recruitment: House Of Representatives To Review Age Barrier by amanze2020(m): 11:22am On Jul 05, 2018
petkoffdrake2:
This is a more pressing issue, and same time trending......
Many MDA's are really guilty and culprits.......
The worst are banks and private firm who demand you must not be more than 27 years of age for job application.......
Place like Canada, you don't include date of birth in your CV...... Hence, age is not considered as a criteria for employment.

2 Likes

Re: Recruitment: House Of Representatives To Review Age Barrier by Patotelli(m): 11:23am On Jul 05, 2018
Very good move, i think this is the best news i've heard so far. Bcoz i know a lot of people out there who sponsors theirselves through shool. And at the end age barrier denied them job. God bless the honorable that movr motion for this.

#patotelli,
#pattoski

2 Likes

Re: Recruitment: House Of Representatives To Review Age Barrier by pat077: 11:35am On Jul 05, 2018
Good development
Re: Recruitment: House Of Representatives To Review Age Barrier by jefy(m): 11:44am On Jul 05, 2018
Hum,finally,someone is speaking on this! If achieved,should also be implimented in the private sector especially banks..it's so sad how age falsification is the order of the day.....the honest ones always get a kick on their butt..it is well

2 Likes

Re: Recruitment: House Of Representatives To Review Age Barrier by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 05, 2018
divinelove:
Nonsense law maker
Age is always a factor

Since there is retirement age there should be age limit in employment may be 35,yrs but there should be limit.

No one will employ grandpa or ma into civil service on entry level
Buhari who is the president of this amalgamated country is 85 years not 75 as he claimed.Most of the serving civil servants and politicians are above the age of 60.They falsified their ages.
Re: Recruitment: House Of Representatives To Review Age Barrier by begwong: 12:06pm On Jul 05, 2018
It should be fixed atleast 45 years. And retirement age extended to 60 years.
My friend had to be adjusting his age to the extent at a point it was just obvious he did not attend primary school....
Re: Recruitment: House Of Representatives To Review Age Barrier by saintaustine(m): 12:16pm On Jul 05, 2018
Very welcome development, i must say.
I just hope it sees the light of the day.
Good thinking from Hon Babajimi.
Re: Recruitment: House Of Representatives To Review Age Barrier by lookingfly: 12:31pm On Jul 05, 2018
petkoffdrake2:
you've gotten a job and you're not up to 30 that's why you can make noise.
Re: Recruitment: House Of Representatives To Review Age Barrier by RoaringLion11(f): 1:13pm On Jul 05, 2018
This will bring great joy to some able youth who are still looking for job....age barrier has turned many to become criminal...Nice one if it really come true..
Re: Recruitment: House Of Representatives To Review Age Barrier by NonnieMarthins(f): 2:52pm On Jul 05, 2018
Good move but when will it be implemented.
Re: Recruitment: House Of Representatives To Review Age Barrier by OGHENAOGIE(m): 3:57pm On Jul 05, 2018
I hope this deliberation see the light of day der is no point denying pple employment cos of age...wether public or private.... 'see me degree 30 e kon be like say I don old...omase however it's high time we renegotiate our existence and see how this country can work well if there is production der ll be employment
Re: Recruitment: House Of Representatives To Review Age Barrier by seenter84: 4:08pm On Jul 05, 2018
toye440:

Remove age barrier, age does not guarantee performance.

Na so
Re: Recruitment: House Of Representatives To Review Age Barrier by quiestla: 7:01pm On Jul 05, 2018
Nice thread
Re: Recruitment: House Of Representatives To Review Age Barrier by yimcy: 8:15pm On Jul 05, 2018
God bless who ever brought this issue.it was a very big issue.50years should be limit.and what about those sacked by banks and various companies

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Rejects Tinubu, Oshiomhole Ministerial Appointments List / I Regret Ever Joining Apc, I Wish I Had Listened To Nnamdi Kanu, - Gov Okorocha / Buhari's 2019 Presidential Campaign Headquarter In Jigawa State (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.