Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,834 members, 7,872,804 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:23 PM

12 Things You Can Do This Summer Holiday - Royal-queen Writes - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 12 Things You Can Do This Summer Holiday - Royal-queen Writes (298 Views)

12 Things Girls Talk About When Guys Aren’t Around / 12 Things You Need To Know About Dating A Single Mom / Wetclef.com Vs. Nairaland.com — 12 Things To Know About These Two Great Forums. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

12 Things You Can Do This Summer Holiday - Royal-queen Writes by voiceofteenager: 2:21pm On Jul 05, 2018
Wow, this is always an amazing season for every teen.
I encourage every teen to make proper use of this summer holiday.
Don't waste it, do something special. Do something worthy. this is not a time to get naughty or pick up ugly negative habit.
Remember you are meant for so much more! MAKE IT A SUMMER TO REMEMBER
Here is a list of worthy things you can do this summer

1. Read books: When i say books i mean good books. Not mills & booms kind of books. It will only arouse your mind to things that should be of less important to you such as Romance etc. Read books that will build your esteem, that will help your career, or books that can teach you skills.

2. Take a class/ Learn new skill: This could be a language class or a music class anything that interest you does have a coach, people are professionals in so many things . Trust me this will help your esteem and make you a more confident person. You can also acquire new skills like painting, braiding etc
Image result for when is summer in nigeria

3. Learn to be tidy: Yes you can learn to be a tidy person this season, start with your room, be helpful especially around the house, do the dishes, take out the rubbish.
In one of my write up about emotional well-being i said dirty environment contributes to stress. If you have so many junks in the house it weighs you down even though its hard to link it but its true, try gift out things you don't need. do the laundry, keep the house tidy and you will see your mood change for good.

4. Learn to cook something special: In this era of social media, indomie and eateries, learning how to make special meals does not interest many, i wonder why food interest many but not so many wants to learn how to make special delicacies.
Trust me you will need the skill. Make the learning process fun by picking interest or enrolling with a catering school. Learn how to bake, cook special soups and even how to make non-alcoholic cocktails! or fruit salad

5. Give your room a new look: You can do this by moving the bed from its original position, move furnitures, wash or change the curtains, paint the wall (if you don't have what it takes no worries, just leave it the way it is...winks*)

6. Apply for a summer job: if you are in a developed country, this will help you save and you can be able to buy things you need or meet the needs of others

7. DIY (Do it yourself) When i downloaded pinterest i almost went crazy with creating things, it was so refreshing and fulfilling to take up a project. 1 made a pom-pom rug, i made a wall clock, i made a chandelier, centre pieces, each time i look at them now, its like a trophy (smiles)
DIY is fun and some apps can help you achieve so much, apps like you-tube, pinterest (if you need ideas)

8. Practice Meditation: This will help you to be mindful. You can do this with the help of some good apps on play store. Our mind is always busy taking in and processing every day we just need to take some time out to calm the body and mind. I know someone is saying ''but Royal i do sleep''

Sleep is good (infact very good) but this one is different, when you sleep you loose consciousness for awhile (you are breathing but you are not aware of what is happening around you) but when you are meditating you are stilling your mind, relaxing your body and at same time awake or aware. Frequent meditation helps you to always be in control

9. Discard Negativity: Its summer baby! Be at peace with yourself and with others, forgive those that hurt you and embrace positivity, they don't even need to apologise, for you to free yourself. Were you bullied? let it go. Did you suffer any form of abuse? I want you to know that it was not your fault, don't blame yourself, just move on...
Are there new positive attitude you want to embrace? This is the time to put them into practice

(caution:It is always not always easy to embrace new things, you might fail at some point but never give up.) I told myself that i will do everything or anything to stay clear off negative vibe! I promise my self to always to be happy and to keep growing in the right direction. What is yours?
To quit smoking? To never give your power away? what ever it is YOU CAN DO IT.

10. Meet New people: Meeting people should be for the purpose of getting to know how others think, and do things. It does not mean to be influenced by others. We are always in control, so learn what you can and discard the negative anytime you meet new people (But never be judgemental)
We are not here to exist alone. we are here to co-exist, and share ideas and also to be happy.
Meeting people makes you realise how accommodating you are and ways to improve.
Make friends that inspires and not ones that will tear you down. Be open minded. Always remember that there are so many ways to have fun (great fun) with friends without getting wild and naughty

11. Show love to yourself: Have you heard of pampering yourself? wow. go see a movie alone, do a pedicure or manicure, take yourself out, swim or engage in activities that is strictly about you. Visit
new places.HAVE FUN AND BE THE TEEN YOU SHOULD BE. Leave childish things for children and leave adult things for adults (how does that sound? write me for more info on this *smiles*)
Image result for when is summer in nigeria

12. Have time for your parents: Your parents might be craving for a time when you will be more open to communication, time you will ask them what they really want from you.
...yes you have grown but they still want you to appreciate and seek them. Don't always be about your friends, social media etc. They need to understand you and have you understand them, this will contribute so much to the happiness in your home.

Share your thoughts with me, did i leave anything out? Please use the comment box.
#royalqueen #voiceofteens #voiceofteenagers

(1) (Reply)

True Love(feel The Passion Of Love) / How To Say No In Relationship When It Is Hard / 10 Ways To Remain Poor 4ever-key Way 2 Everlasting Poverty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.