Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,007 members, 7,942,619 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 01:30 PM

Why Believe In Something That You Have Not Seen? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Believe In Something That You Have Not Seen? (636 Views)

I Do Not Believe in God / Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? / Voodoo: Do You Believe In It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Believe In Something That You Have Not Seen? by jmoore(m): 4:20pm On Jun 09, 2010
"Why believe in something that you have not seen?" Thats the question I get from some atheists. They keep asking have you seen your God? Since I am a christian, they will also ask "have you seen this Jesus you claim to be the saviour of the world?"

Here is my reply, Do you believe that air exist?

he said yes

Do you believe that oxygen exist?

he said yes.

I asked : Have you seen this air or oxygen?

he said no

As christians we do not have to see God[father] or Jesus before we believe but we feel his presence just as we feel the presence of air without seeing the air

[ I know someone will come up with the idea that oxygen can be seen with the aid of microscope. Only few people have seen the oxygen with the aid of microscope. Many others that believe that it exists have not seen it . In the same way only few people have seen God ]
Re: Why Believe In Something That You Have Not Seen? by VALIDATOR: 4:46pm On Jun 09, 2010
Air and oxygen can at will be demonstrated to exist but not God.
Re: Why Believe In Something That You Have Not Seen? by jmoore(m): 5:03pm On Jun 09, 2010
Miracles are being witnessed everyday, that is also a demonstration to prove that God exist!!!
Re: Why Believe In Something That You Have Not Seen? by VALIDATOR: 5:20pm On Jun 09, 2010
I am only pointing out how wrong your analogy is.
Can you at will demonstrate the existence of God just like oxygen and air as in your analogy.

jmoore:

Miracles are being witnessed everyday, that is also a demonstration to prove that God exist!!!

Are you talking of the miracles on TV?
Furthermore,miracles don't prove anything about God.
Re: Why Believe In Something That You Have Not Seen? by jmoore(m): 5:26pm On Jun 09, 2010
Miracles do not need a tv to happen.
believe it or not they happen everyday.

oxygen and air are physical components while God is spiritual so you cannot determine both on the same dimension
Re: Why Believe In Something That You Have Not Seen? by manmustwac(m): 6:25pm On Jun 09, 2010
jmoore:

oxygen and air are physical components while God is spiritual so you cannot determine both on the same dimension
so why use air and oxygen in your analogy since according to you god is spiritual and not in the same dimension?
Re: Why Believe In Something That You Have Not Seen? by jmoore(m): 6:43pm On Jun 09, 2010
what is it that you do not understand?
Re: Why Believe In Something That You Have Not Seen? by bawomolo(m): 7:36pm On Jun 09, 2010
jmoore:

umm no thanks, i would believe it when i see it
Re: Why Believe In Something That You Have Not Seen? by mazaje(m): 7:56pm On Jun 09, 2010
jmoore:

What kind of miracles? WHY CANT ANY GOD HEAL AN AMPUTEE? why can't your God restore the limbs of any amputee?I have friends that are amputees when will any body come forward and heal them?. . . .and no, miracles are not happening any where. . . .If they are happening people will be asked to visit miracle centers not hospitals or other places for help when sick or in trouble. . .
Re: Why Believe In Something That You Have Not Seen? by ednut1(m): 9:01pm On Jun 09, 2010
@mazaje i luv d way u cut these deluded folks into pieces. Mr poster u claim miracles are happening but disasters are happening at a greater rate. I belive u agree that god causes earthquake like haiti where 250k die,tsunamis, despicable diseases lik cancer, accidents. because as u know he knows best. Wat a useless, blood thirsty god
Re: Why Believe In Something That You Have Not Seen? by VALIDATOR: 8:16am On Jun 10, 2010
jmoore:

Today is Thursday.Can you briefly tell me the ones you have seen since Monday this week?since you are so sure they are happening everyday.
Re: Why Believe In Something That You Have Not Seen? by yommyuk: 8:54pm On Jun 14, 2010
@Poster and croonies

You will not be the first person to ask such question and will not be the last.

John 18:33-34, 36-37
Vs33 Then Pilate went back to his headquaters and called for Jesus to be brought to him. "Are you the king of the Jews?" he asked him
Vs 34 Jesus replied, "Is this your own question or did others tell you about me?"

Vs 36 Jesus answered,"My kingdom is not an earthly kingdom. If it were, my followers would fight to keep me from being handed over to the Jewish leaders. But my Kingdom is not of this world."

Vs 37 Pilate said, " So you are a king?" Jesus responded, You say I am king. Actually, I was born and came into the world to testify to the truth. All who love the truth recognize that what I say is true.

Vs 38 "What is truth?" Pilate asked.

I John 4:5-6

Vs 5 Those people belong to this world, so they speak from the world's viewpoint, and the world listens to them
Vs 6 But We belong to God, and those who belong to God listen to us. If they do not belong to God, they do not listen to us. That is how we know if someone has the spirit of truth or the spirit of deception.

@ Poster and croonies,
What spirit dwells within u?
God knows cool

(1) (Reply)

Mark Of The Beast / Getting Your Miracles Fast And Easy! / Milk Or Meat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.