Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,890 members, 7,879,726 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:26 AM

Lukman To Get Argentina Start - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lukman To Get Argentina Start (919 Views)

Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up / Nigeria Vs Argentina 2011 Friendly: 4 - 1 (Eagles Thump Argies) / Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lukman To Get Argentina Start by snakova(m): 4:42pm On Jun 09, 2010
Roland Andersson has said that young midfielder Haruna Lukman is likely to start against Argentina when the Super Eagles open their World Cup campaign.

The Monaco midfielder has played in all three friendly games under Lars Lagerback and Andersson, who is Lagerback's right hand man, says he has made a strong case for a starting position.

"Yes, of course he can start, but we will see what happens. He has showed already that he is a good player. He is young and he develops more and more every day."

Lukman's vision and eye for the pass has led to comparisons with Nigeria great Austin Okocha. Andersson agrees, but says the Under-17 World Cup winner still has years ahead of him to reach that level.

"You can’t compare him to Okocha already now, but in the future he has the opportunity to become as good as Okocha was. But only if he works hard. He has to work on his defense and make sure he improves."

The youngster's position has been strengthened by the withdrawal of John Mikel Obi from the Super Eagles squad due to injury, but Lukman insists that he is his own man.

"I don’t see myself as a replacement for Mikel. We have the same style of playing, but Mikel is injured and has gone home.

"I am looking forward to the game against Argentina. It is football and everything can happen. I think we can play a very good game."

Nigeria play Argentina on June 12 at Ellis Park.

http://www.kickoff.com/news/15961/lukman-to-get-argentina-start.php
Re: Lukman To Get Argentina Start by 12large: 6:41pm On Jun 09, 2010
lagerback please put 2 defensive midfilders in front of lukman.
Re: Lukman To Get Argentina Start by Jarus(m): 10:06pm On Jun 09, 2010
12large:

shocked
Re: Lukman To Get Argentina Start by BloodShed1: 10:40pm On Jun 09, 2010
snakova:

"I don’t see myself as a replacement for Mikel. We have the same style of playing, but Mikel is injured and has gone home.

LOL, As if to say "ah well, fVck him''. HAHA
Re: Lukman To Get Argentina Start by Iyineda(m): 11:03pm On Jun 09, 2010
12large:

Hurr

Re: Lukman To Get Argentina Start by 12large: 11:22pm On Jun 09, 2010
seriously if we want to keep this match right haruna lukman must play attacking midfield alone,2 defensive midfilders must protect him. playing keita on the right is waste my formation would be

enyeama

odiah afolabi adeleye taiwo

keita etuhu

lukman

osaze obinna

martins/yakubu

the key to this game is the midfield and lukman. first we should hope he does not get sent off
Re: Lukman To Get Argentina Start by semid4lyfe(m): 1:50am On Jun 10, 2010
12large:

seriously if we want to keep this match right haruna lukman must play attacking midfield alone,2 defensive midfilders must protect him. playing keita on the right is waste my formation would be

enyeama

odiah         afolabi    adeleye    taiwo

keita       etuhu

lukman

osaze                                 obinna

martins/yakubu

the key to this game is the midfield and lukman. first we should hope he does not get sent off
Not bad. . .your formation make sense small but I was expecting to see the two defensive midfielders in front of Lukman. grin grin E be like se you don dey get sense small small tongue
Re: Lukman To Get Argentina Start by Nobody: 2:24am On Jun 10, 2010
its like you people dont understand. lagerback is going to use 4-4-2 not 4-3-3 or whatever else you think he will do.

he used 4-4-2 for ALL three friendly matches so i dont hink he will change his mind
Re: Lukman To Get Argentina Start by 12large: 3:29am On Jun 10, 2010
you guys are stupid you clearly know that i mean't lukman must not play as a dm
Re: Lukman To Get Argentina Start by tosinaded(m): 8:31am On Jun 10, 2010
lmao 2 dm's in front of lukman
Re: Lukman To Get Argentina Start by Jarus(m): 6:36pm On Jun 10, 2010
12large:

you guys are silly you clearly know that i mean't lukman must not play as a dm
na wa 4 u o. If Lukman, our only attacking midfieder plays as a DM, where do we use our natural DMs-Etuhu, Ayila or Kaita? who plays attacking midfield?
Re: Lukman To Get Argentina Start by 12large: 7:02pm On Jun 10, 2010
jarus you are an idiot, your trying to annoy me, i told you guys that i mean't to say lukman must play attacking midfield but you want to switch topic. why would i suggest lukman to play in front of 2dms i mean't it like this

keita etuhu

lukman
Re: Lukman To Get Argentina Start by Kgdavid(m): 9:58pm On Jun 10, 2010
and yet i remember when you rained down fire and brimstone on anyone who suggested the use of two DM's. SHAME ON YOU
Re: Lukman To Get Argentina Start by 12large: 1:05am On Jun 11, 2010
yes i did because argentina were going to play 442 but after arge game we must go back and attack because for me 2 defensive md plus 4 defenders is anti-football
Re: Lukman To Get Argentina Start by CyberG: 2:56am On Jun 11, 2010
^^^^ I see this loony all over the map. . .thinking he knows everything? tongue tongue tongue Next time, apply for the coaching job cos I am tired for internet armchair coaches, especially clueless ones insulting everyone!
Re: Lukman To Get Argentina Start by snakova(m): 3:38pm On Jun 11, 2010
12large:

enyeama

odiah afolabi adeleye taiwo

keita etuhu

lukman

osaze obinna

martins/yakubu

Nice. But Lagerbeer seems pretty much disposed to a shittu/yobo pairing at CD. Dont mind semiu
Re: Lukman To Get Argentina Start by AndreUweh(m): 10:19pm On Jun 11, 2010
In 2002, it was Bath Ogbeche, then Argentina exposed him and the mundial swallowed him. Now it is L.Haruna. Let us learn from the past.
Re: Lukman To Get Argentina Start by 12large: 10:50pm On Jun 11, 2010
andre uweh your a fool, idiots like you don't want youth to grow. people like you would rather play olofinjana,etuhu,ayila instaed of lukman your just a slowpoke. just look at the way lukman have played and an idiot wants us to bench him for those useless dms
Re: Lukman To Get Argentina Start by AndreUweh(m): 11:11pm On Jun 11, 2010
12large:

andre uweh your a fool, idiots like you don't want youth to grow. people like you would rather play olofinjana,etuhu,ayila instaed of lukman your just a slowpoke. just look at the way lukman have played and an wants us to bench him for those useless dms
Monkey, why not go back to the zoo and play with your fellow infuriating deliquent monkeys rather than insulting all comers here. Get lost, you mystical beast.

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Your Nigerian Player Of The Year 2010? / Ayc 2011 Final: Nigeria 3 Vs Cameroun 2 / Who Knows Enyimba Vs Raja Casablanca Scoreline?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.