Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,001 members, 7,939,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 04:25 PM

Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! (3737 Views)

Poll: Do You Think Nigeria Deserved To Win The Match

Yes: 28% (10 votes)
No: 71% (25 votes)
This poll has ended

Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 / Adidas Officially Dumps Super Eagles Of Nigeria / Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by uzomaeze(m): 12:54pm On Mar 25, 2007
ok
grin
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by kellorah: 12:56pm On Mar 25, 2007
glad we cleared that up.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by whaley(m): 1:17pm On Mar 25, 2007
Does anyone know the formation nigeria used against Uganda and Ghana. I really can't tell but i am suspecting a 4-3-3.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by software(m): 1:42pm On Mar 25, 2007
@topic

The pitch was very bad. it was below Starndard. Also THAT MATCH ENDED 1-1 i think the Uganda's were cheated. i really dont know why their goal was disqualified. it was avery clear GOAL.

I think Nigeria used home advantage, which wount pay us in the second leg.

Thanks
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by McKren(m): 4:25pm On Mar 25, 2007
Cant believe we had to rub uganda to defeat them.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by randa(m): 4:40pm On Mar 25, 2007
hi for those that did not watch the match, congrats, it was the most boring home match i have ever seen
here is the line up
austin ejide (bastia)
isaac okoroknwo (fc moscow) sub nwaneri (sion)
taye taiwo(marseille
rabiu afolabi
joseph yobo
osaze odemwengie
oba martins
kanu (utaka)
obodo
olofinjana (ayila)
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by PDF: 4:53pm On Mar 25, 2007
randa:

kanu (utaka)
obodo

Correction:  Utaka came in for Obodo.

We didn't deserve to win the match one bit; a draw would have been just okay.  They played as if they ate a heavy food minutes to the start of the match. The game was charaterised by sluggish moves, inaccurate passes, and what have u. I hope they don't recall Papa Okoronkwo to the team for our subsequent matches. angry

Imagine throwing long balls to our short lone striker, who had giants blocking him?

BTW,  what happened to Uganda's equalizer?
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by Radiant(f): 5:59pm On Mar 25, 2007
I'm not surprised at the result. Why? Because we played against Lesotho (Never heard of Lesotho until we played them)last October and we managed to win them with the same result, 1-0 .
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by sleekdot(m): 10:11pm On Mar 25, 2007
Pls what was wrong with the Ugandan goal? And Taiwo's tug on th Ugandan after that player skinned him I have never been comfortable with that Taiwo guy. Naija footie is wacked
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by manu4laif: 12:35am On Mar 26, 2007
Not sure what was wrong until we see the ref's report cos the replays tell nothing.
. . .However he had blown his whistle just before the goal.

Pitch was terrible and was more dangerous to the players than the tackles.

Whatever the result ,the match has no bearing on how good or bad the new management is.

Should we be happy?
Yes,
1.We got 3 points
2.We know we don't have a team
3.Floodlights worked
4.NEPA did not take light.

WAN UNITED grin grin grin

WAN NAIJA grin
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by Radiant(f): 12:47am On Mar 26, 2007
manu4laif:

Should we be happy?
Yes,
3.Floodlights worked
4.NEPA did not take light.

WTF!!!
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by Mustay(m): 1:59am On Mar 26, 2007
manu4laif:

Not sure what was wrong until we see the ref's report because the replays tell nothing.
. . .However he had blown his whistle just before the goal.

Pitch was terrible and was more dangerous to the players than the tackles.

Whatever the result ,the match has no bearing on how good or bad the new management is.

Should we be happy?
[b]Yes,
1.We got 3 points
2.We know we don't have a team
3.Floodlights worked
4.NEPA did not take light.[/b]WAN UNITED grin grin grin
5. France d deputy world cup final team/ number 2 in d world could not beat LITHUANIA better than a goal margin!
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by flababa(m): 5:09am On Mar 26, 2007
the game was just kids playing playstation1, Congratulations to berti volks or watever. I will like us to look forward to another match probably an international friendly with Spain and let's see if he is capable, He should always give thanks to Kanu Nwankwo who saved his ass from the Hungry and angry Nigeria,
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by 9ja4eva: 8:40am On Mar 26, 2007
LOL he really shld cos if we hadnt won he wld have been kidnapped.LOL.I really think he needs to build a new team cos we lack in many areas.Not happy though bt hoping we pick up.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by abioye(m): 9:12am On Mar 26, 2007
Super Eagles did not play well at all. I think they shd do away with the older legs & inject new blood into the team.

Well, as for the goal Ugandans scored it was a clear goal but they were robbed. The Pitch did not help matters prior 2 the match Vogts & Eagles players complained abt d pitch. There's no how they can play well on such pitch. B'cos they are used to good & sythetic field abroad. Let's see what happened when they play there othermathes in Abuja. i wld have suggested they use the only sythetic field in Nigeria/ Africa as a whole.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by McKren(m): 10:41am On Mar 26, 2007
I think say as we get oyibo coach we go dey play like Brazil
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by danniecool(m): 10:46am On Mar 26, 2007
The match was really nothing to write home about, there was no cohession among the players on the pitch, the midfield was far away from the strikers, Martins was not been feed by the midfielder.
all the midfielders (Obodo, Mikel and Olofinjana) were all staying back as if they were defenders, I wonder what was okoronkwo doing on the pitch, he was just playing like a retire footballer, Kanu was also far from Martins. nobody to feed martins. Osaze was the only active player on the pitch. I wonder why Berti Vogt kept Utaka on the bench when He knew that okoronkwo is not mobile.
I dont even know the formation of the match, though this is Vogts first outing. I believe he can do better local coaches.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by Mustay(m): 11:00am On Mar 26, 2007
what a white man can do, a black man could do better. We are all giving d benefit of d doubt that this is his 1st match but if it were to be a black man, hell'll let lose!
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by amsterdamm(m): 11:15am On Mar 26, 2007
I believe you my guy,
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by Nobody: 11:40am On Mar 26, 2007
Can you beat your chest and say Nigeria won that match outright?
Can somebody tell me if the home based eagles cannot execute a match of this magnitude?

Everything was definitely wrong with the match ranging from the pitch to the players. Let's tell ourselves the truth for the first time. The match was politicized!
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by dom(m): 11:45am On Mar 26, 2007
I think its too early to judge or assess vogts and his crew. lets give em a little time. our midfield was completely non existent. Who go help me beg Austin Jayjay Okocha to some out of retirement. Like it or dont, we still need his services
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by Nobody: 11:50am On Mar 26, 2007
dom:

I think its too early to judge or assess vogts and his crew. lets give em a little time. our midfield was completely non existent. Who go help me beg Austin Jayjay Okocha to some out of retirement. Like it or don't, we still need his services

Are you by anyway implying that no Austin Okocha. . . No Nigeria?

Please come off this.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by dom(m): 12:00pm On Mar 26, 2007
Far be it from me to suggest that. Im only saying that until we can AEQUATELY fill his position the guy should continue playing. Try assess our midfield in all the matches played since his purported retirement then u'll get what im saying.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by Nobody: 12:09pm On Mar 26, 2007
JJ's place would be filled gradually by Mikel, the problem is that Mikel is too sluggish compared to JJ and he still has so much to learn. let's excuse his disciplinary problem for now.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by Razorr(f): 12:10pm On Mar 26, 2007
Oh My God!  shocked   shocked   shocked  How can anyone in his right senses compare Mikel Obi to the mighty Okocha?
This so called football fans sef! I tire o. . .  shocked

I was sitting right there in the stadium and watched those guys play. Even though I like the chap, I don't see him filling JJ's shoes.
We are yet to discover who can.  End of tori!  angry
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by dom(m): 12:13pm On Mar 26, 2007
I agree with u that the lad, mikel, shows a lot of promise. But his replacement of jayjay should be gradual. Not sudden. He has to be guided.Our Korea/Japan 2002 experience is a lesson in showcasing raw talent and inexperience where experience is required
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by toladop(m): 12:26pm On Mar 26, 2007
Oboy, i will confess we did not play well at all.WE played better than Uganda but that was not top quality football.That pitch was something else and as for the coach I am not sure if he is up to the task
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by Jaybaba(m): 12:34pm On Mar 26, 2007
This is typical Vogts.
Come to a new ground and introduce new formation.
Nigeria played 4:5:1
Nigeria did not play passing football but long ground, short aerial and short lobs.
For people who have poor football understanding, I may explain later but our football is not any of those above.

Our football is "passing football, attacking or darting runs with flank crosses / through passes"
Eguavoen should have advised Vogts on our age-long football tradition.

Besides, the team had no leader on the pitch. Kanu was subdued. Mikel lacks any creativity. This his 1-touch football in Chelsea is not what we play in Nigeria. He should watch our number 10s and see how they affect our game since the 80s. Olofinjana is an obvious error and for me Ayila should be Oliseh's replacement.

In all Vogts could not win tactically, It was Eguavoen who had to win with motivation and shouting. And Kanu who could get the goal.

Sack Vogts now.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by Jaybaba(m): 12:44pm On Mar 26, 2007
This Mikel vs Okocha debate is such an insult.
Recently a French teenager was compared with Zidane by the media and the young lad quickly corrected the un-cautious media and fans about such comparison. Mikel should do such.

Okocha is a very humble person and according to Nolan in Bolton, Okocha does in real matches even in the World Cup what most of us can only imagine practising in training. Mikel has never done any supernatural flicks capable of intimidating the entire opposing team. Okocha did a lot of stunts like that and the entire opponents were awed for days.

Please do not compare them at all. Besides, Mikel in Chelsea is no performance at all. Morinho wants him to play a defensive midfield role and Mikel is not good at marking. He is quick no doubt but he is yet to show any sign of creativity either in Chelsea or in Nigeria. Okocha as a young player was able to enterprise the Eagles attack. I was very young when I saw Okocha in the challenge cup final in 1991 vs Stores of Lagos. He was the bomb. He was quite a kid then but to compare the legend Okoch with Mikel is such an insult. For me Oruma should be the one wearing jersey 10 now and probably after the nations cup in Ghana Mikel should take over.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by etete(m): 12:49pm On Mar 26, 2007
i dont think d team as well as the NFA have learn their lessons from the ANGOLA EXEPERINCE!, we played miserably, wihout any purpose, and i strongly belive the CRANES we robbed!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by degubi(m): 1:28pm On Mar 26, 2007
NFA should endeavour to fix home matches in stadiums whose pitches are at least pleasing to play on,the abeokuta pitch was a total disgrace.also trial formations should be left for friendlies and not main matches.vogts should be given time to prove his mettle.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by slimghost(m): 2:02pm On Mar 26, 2007
What a boring 90 mins?  The super{for where?}eagles played like real grannies.Olofinjana and Okoronkwo shuld pursue a career in judo{honestly football is not their destiny},may Obodo break his two legs.AS for Taiwo, he should pursue a carer in taekwando{ imaging the way he was jumping up and down,sending flying kicks}.
                       MY RATINGS{over 10}
1.Ejide = 5
2.Yobo = 5
3.Taiwo =2
4.Afolabi = 5
5.Okoronkwo =-2
6.Nwanri = 3
7.Olofinjana =-1
8.Ayila = 2
9.Mikel = 4
10.Obodo=-1
11.Osaze=6
12.Utaka= 3
13.Kanu=5
14.Martins=4

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Picture Of Lionel Messi's New Baby / Keshi Denies Rift With Mikel / 729 Unclad Swimmers In Vera, Spain (18+):world Record

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.