Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,848 members, 7,906,121 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 05:31 AM

Is It Worth The Risk? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Worth The Risk? (707 Views)

Is It Worth The Salary? / Seriously Learning French Language. Does It Worth It, Please Advice Your Brother / Masters From Abroad: Is It Worth It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Worth The Risk? by swizzle(m): 9:19pm On Jun 09, 2010
I recently got an admission for an Msc program in a university in the UK. I plan to come back to Nigeria immediately after the program. I presently work with a company that pays me 87k a month and apart from that I am not happy with the job cos it is isnt what I pictured myself doing and I do not see a future with it. The problem is that I am not yet eligible for a study leave because I have just stayed one year with the company so I will have to resign in other to be able to go for my masters. I am actually scared of the possibilty that if I resign and go for the masters, when I come back I may not get another job and that will be like pressing a big "reset button". Please house, is resigning my present job to go for a masters degree worth the risk?

N.B - I work with an Engineering firm.
Re: Is It Worth The Risk? by Superbrain(m): 10:30pm On Jun 09, 2010
Is the masters on scholarship? If yes is the answer, you can resign, go for the masters but be proactive in your jobsearch at the completion of your masters. No sentiments.
Re: Is It Worth The Risk? by Obinoscopy(m): 12:31am On Jun 10, 2010
Its worth it if you can afford it!
Re: Is It Worth The Risk? by swizzle(m): 9:15am On Jun 10, 2010
@superbrain, no it is not on scholarship but I can afford it.
Re: Is It Worth The Risk? by Superbrain(m): 6:04pm On Jun 10, 2010
I hope the "afford" covers tuition, course fees, living expenses and miscellaneous for your duration of stay. If not, its going to be hard. You will need to focus on your studies during your masters.

(1) (Reply)

New Jobs 2011 / Study In Uk / Prince2,msp,m_o_r And Other Career Lifters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.