Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,867 members, 7,872,884 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 02:04 AM

Yvonne Okoro Shines In 4play, Best Film So Far From Venus Films - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Yvonne Okoro Shines In 4play, Best Film So Far From Venus Films (8476 Views)

Yvonne Okoro Donates Borehole To Walewale (Photos) / Yvonne Okoro Sizzles At Her Brother’s Traditional Marriage (photos) / Who Is The Hottest: Yvonne Jegede, Yvonne Okoro or Yvonne Nelson? ( Photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yvonne Okoro Shines In 4play, Best Film So Far From Venus Films by dotcom2: 9:57pm On Jun 09, 2010
Ladies, imagine the man you love, whom you are legally married to and with a child to show for it, tells you that the day you agreed to marry him was the day you went wrong. To make it worst, you caught this same husband cheating on you, not only cheating but cheating with a person of the same sex? G-A-Y as in gay? Yes man to man. Well wait a minute, they call those men bisexual.

Yvonne Okoro, the beautiful Ghanaian actress who people often mistake as Jackie Appiah’s twin sister played Ruby in the romantic, drama and comedy movie ‘4Play’. She played the wife of the bisexual man, who upon finding his husband in the hotel room cheating with his fellow man went into a state of shock.

“4PLAY” is a romantic comedy filled with love, lies, deceit and betrayal created around four best friends. It tells a story of four industrious young ladies and best friends who happen to be caught up with the wrong men in a deceptive web of love. Hence the Good (Jezel and Rex) played by Jacky Appiah and John Dumelo; the Bad (Ruby and Jayke) played by Yvonne Okoro and Omar Sherif; the Ugly (Angie & Alvin) played by Roseline and Majid Michel and finally the Dirty, played by Juliet Ibrahim as Nivera.

Like what any other woman will do, Yvonne begins to look out for reasons why her husband will prefer a man’s backside to a woman’s adorable pus**y. Yvonne was traumatized such that she turned to her friends to share the secret of her husband banging another man and look for encouragement when in actual fact; her friends are no saints and have skeletons in their cupboards. READ MORE: http://www.ghanacelebrities.com/2010/06/yvonne-okoro-shines-in-4play-best-film-so-far-from-venus-films/

Re: Yvonne Okoro Shines In 4play, Best Film So Far From Venus Films by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jun 09, 2010
Gorgeous lady!
Re: Yvonne Okoro Shines In 4play, Best Film So Far From Venus Films by mamagee3(f): 10:39pm On Jun 09, 2010
She looks Hausa.
Re: Yvonne Okoro Shines In 4play, Best Film So Far From Venus Films by Bennyboy11: 10:02am On Aug 03, 2010
Ghana's Finest. Think she is the most beautiful of the Ghanaian actresses and very well spoken too.
Re: Yvonne Okoro Shines In 4play, Best Film So Far From Venus Films by londoner: 11:10pm On Aug 03, 2010
Yvonne OKORO is half Nigerian half Ghanaian. Her father is Igbo.
Re: Yvonne Okoro Shines In 4play, Best Film So Far From Venus Films by Dolemite(f): 11:10pm On Aug 03, 2010
Can't wait to see this movie, I recommend all Ghollywood haters to also see 'Kiss me if you can'. . .
Re: Yvonne Okoro Shines In 4play, Best Film So Far From Venus Films by Nobody: 11:12pm On Aug 03, 2010
Dolemite:

Can't wait to see this movie, I recommend all Ghollywood haters to also see 'Kiss me if you can'. . .

That movie sucks big time.

4play wasn't all that and the lady acts and sometimes over acts.
Re: Yvonne Okoro Shines In 4play, Best Film So Far From Venus Films by Dolemite(f): 11:17pm On Aug 03, 2010
michelin89:

That movie sucks big time.
. . .are you serious? that movie was great, nice storyline. . .
Re: Yvonne Okoro Shines In 4play, Best Film So Far From Venus Films by Nobody: 11:19pm On Aug 03, 2010
Quite predictable.

Although different from the usual as it was the man doing the juju this time.

But certain parts were useless.

All those sex scenes.
Re: Yvonne Okoro Shines In 4play, Best Film So Far From Venus Films by THEAMAKA(f): 2:39am On Aug 04, 2010
Dolemite:

what a joke!
4 play has been done before too(minus the useless sex scenes), not original.
Re: Yvonne Okoro Shines In 4play, Best Film So Far From Venus Films by Bennyboy11: 8:56am On Aug 04, 2010
londoner:

Yvonne OKORO is half Nigerian half Ghanaian. Her father is Igbo.

Who else is Nigerian Micheal Essien? lol. The sweet girl is born and bred in Ghana for your information.
Re: Yvonne Okoro Shines In 4play, Best Film So Far From Venus Films by rhymz(m): 9:17am On Aug 04, 2010
Bennyboy11:

Who else is Nigerian Micheal Essien? lol. The sweet girl is born and bred in Ghana for your information.
wow I did not know that Ghanaians go by the name Okoro. . .what next?? Ghanaians with Eze, Nwosu, Eke and Co to their names, right?? She is ghanaian now that the report aint about her scamming or pushings.
Re: Yvonne Okoro Shines In 4play, Best Film So Far From Venus Films by Bennyboy11: 10:32am On Aug 04, 2010
rhymz:

wow I did not know that Ghanaians go by the name Okoro. . .what next?? Ghanaians with Eze, Nwosu, Eke and Co to their names, right?? She is ghanaian now that the report aint about her scamming or pushings.

It's not the name stupid it's what you are. A friend of mine is called Ade for short because his Dad named him after his Nigerian friend, is he Nigerian then?

If you realised that you had Ghanaian relatives right now would it all of a sudden make you Ghanaian?

The girl was born, bred, and educated in Ghana, she has never lived in Nigeria so how the hell is she nigerian. She is a Ghanaian citizen and speaks only Ghanaian languages and identifies herself as Ghanaian that's what matters.

About the pushing and scamming I don't know what it has to do with anything if you have a complex about being Nigerian just find a way to deal with it, I can't help you there Im afraid.
Re: Yvonne Okoro Shines In 4play, Best Film So Far From Venus Films by londoner: 9:46pm On Aug 04, 2010
Bennyboy11, Yvonne gave an interview to a Ghanaian mag, she stated it herself. She was born and raised in Ghana but Her father is Igbo and her mother is Ghanaian.

If I found out my FATHER was full Ashanti, then that would make me halfGhanaian would it not?

I dont really get the issue you have with her being half Nigerian.
Re: Yvonne Okoro Shines In 4play, Best Film So Far From Venus Films by londoner: 9:49pm On Aug 04, 2010
Her full name is Yvonne CHINYERE OKEKE OKORO, I guess she must have no connection to Nigeria at all. She calls herself a Ghanaian a Nigerian and an African, there is no issue about it.

http://www.adomonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=379:actress-yvonne-okoro&catid=30:entertainment&Itemid=189
Re: Yvonne Okoro Shines In 4play, Best Film So Far From Venus Films by THEAMAKA(f): 10:31pm On Aug 04, 2010
the guy is arguing blindly! lmfao.

rhymz:

hahahahahahaha! exactly!
I didn't know Ghanaians now answered Okoro, lmfao!
Re: Yvonne Okoro Shines In 4play, Best Film So Far From Venus Films by rhymz(m): 6:42am On Aug 05, 2010
Bennyboy,
Apparently, Londoner has punctured your soufflé, you seem to have developed blisters in the mouth obviously caused by Londoner ramming the unpalatable fact down your throat through your running mouth.
If there is anyone that has complexes coz they are Ghanaian, it is you. That lady has some Okoro blood flowing in her veins plus her surname is Okoro. . LOL. . .can't get any Nigerian than that. . Hahahaha. . If she did not identify with her dual identity, I am sure she woulda dropped those pretty Nigerian names. Take it or Leave it the gal na OKORO, Nwa afor, infact, this gal is "so it mehn", she makes me want to buy her a meal of FUFU and Ofe Owerri!
Re: Yvonne Okoro Shines In 4play, Best Film So Far From Venus Films by Bennyboy11: 11:25am On Aug 05, 2010
rhymz:

Bennyboy,
Apparently, Londoner has punctured your soufflé, you seem to have developed blisters in the mouth obviously caused by Londoner ramming the unpalatable fact down your throat through your running mouth.
If there is anyone that has complexes coz they are Ghanaian, it is you. That lady has some Okoro blood flowing in her veins plus her surname is Okoro. . LOL. . .can't get any Nigerian than that. . Hahahaha. . If she did not identify with her dual identity, I am sure she woulda dropped those pretty Nigerian names. Take it or Leave it the gal na OKORO, Nwa afor, infact, this gal is "so it mehn", she makes me want to buy her a meal of FUFU and Ofe Owerri!

The basic mistake you’re making is confusing Genetics with Nationality which is a shame really. What you also need to understand is that there isn’t a Nigerian race neither is there Nigerian gene, and if you go on a tribal basis it becomes even more nonsensical. The entire Ga tribe would have to be considered Nigerian, Parts of the Ivory Coast with Ashanti connections would be Ghanaian and so on but that would be clearly very stupid.

You can quote as many of her names as you wish it doesn’t make the slightest bit of difference. If a person named “Barrack Hussein Obama” can take up a job reserved for the most American of Americans then what’s your point. Yes genetically he is black because his father comes from Kenya but he is most certainly American and only a fool in my opinion would call him Kenyan.

A white born and bred Nigerian person on this forum who goes by the name modebo or something similar articulated it perfectly. He started a topic why can’t Nigerians be like Ghanaian’s which went on for 20 or so pages, you can have a look if you want. He said one thing he liked about Ghana was that although white, no body challenged him when he said with his Nigerian accent he was Nigerian, but in his own homeland Nigeria people always had problems with it. I think the problem here is mentality and that is why we are talking at cross purposes.

If I discovered that someone in my family was from Nigeria it wouldn’t make me less Ghanaian neither would it affect my allegiance to Ghana in any way. I don’t know the current mood in Nigeria but the person that said they would be Ghanaian by virtue of discovering a family member was Ashanti might just be looking to jump ship. But if it did happen please don’t relocate too quickly because you would unfortunately soon realise that you were still indeed very Nigerian. Nice of you to offer Yvonne fufu and Ofewere what ever that is, but don’t be disappointed if she is unfamiliar with ofiwere and grew up eating fufu every Sunday.

I don’t even know why the hell we are having this Banta, have a look at the second paragraph of the article that started all this and I think you might find a few answers there.

Would you question the Ghanaianness of Majid, Nadia Buari, or Jerry Rawlings for that matter? If yes then you people are indeed small minded and don’t deserve my attention, if no then why question Yvonne’s Ghanaianness? because Rawlings is certainly not a “Ghanaian” sounding Name.
Re: Yvonne Okoro Shines In 4play, Best Film So Far From Venus Films by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 05, 2010
Bennyboy11:

The basic mistake you’re making is confusing Genetics with Nationality which is a shame really. What you also need to understand is that there isn’t a Nigerian race neither is there Nigerian gene, and if you go on a tribal basis it becomes even more nonsensical. The entire Ga tribe would have to be considered Nigerian, Parts of the Ivory Coast with Ashanti connections would be Ghanaian and so on but that would be clearly very silly.

You can quote as many of her names as you wish it doesn’t make the slightest bit of difference. If a person named “Barrack Hussein Obama” can take up a job reserved for the most American of Americans then what’s your point. Yes genetically he is black because his father comes from Kenya but he is most certainly American and only a fool in my opinion would call him Kenyan.

A white born and bred Nigerian person on this forum who goes by the name modebo or something similar articulated it perfectly. He started a topic why can’t Nigerians be like Ghanaian’s which went on for 20 or so pages, you can have a look if you want. He said one thing he liked about Ghana was that although white, no body challenged him when he said with his Nigerian accent he was Nigerian, but in his own homeland Nigeria people always had problems with it. I think the problem here is mentality and that is why we are talking at cross purposes.

If I discovered that someone in my family was from Nigeria it wouldn’t make me less Ghanaian neither would it affect my allegiance to Ghana in any way. I don’t know the current mood in Nigeria but the person that said they would be Ghanaian by virtue of discovering a family member was Ashanti might just be looking to jump ship. But if it did happen please don’t relocate too quickly because you would unfortunately soon realise that you were still indeed very Nigerian. Nice of you to offer Yvonne fufu and Ofewere what ever that is, but don’t be disappointed if she is unfamiliar with ofiwere and grew up eating fufu every Sunday.

I don’t even know why the hell we are having this Banta, have a look at the second paragraph of the article that started all this and I think you might find a few answers there.

Would you question the Ghanaianness of Majid, Nadia Buari, or Jerry Rawlings for that matter? If yes then you people are indeed small minded and don’t deserve my attention, if no then why question Yvonne’s Ghanaianness? because Rawlings is certainly not a “Ghanaian” sounding Name.

She is half Nigerian, get over it. Lol
Re: Yvonne Okoro Shines In 4play, Best Film So Far From Venus Films by Bennyboy11: 11:51am On Aug 05, 2010
ibkaye:

She is half Nigerian, get over it. Lol

I have Nothing to get over sweetheart, I made a simple comment about her being the best of the Ghanaian actresses and being well spoken (credit to Ghana education system lol) and immediately got attacked for calling her Ghanaian and I beleive I have every right to consider her as such, that's all.
Re: Yvonne Okoro Shines In 4play, Best Film So Far From Venus Films by Nobody: 12:09pm On Aug 05, 2010
Bennyboy11:

I have Nothing to get over sweetheart, I made a simple comment about her being the best of the Ghanaian actresses and being well spoken (credit to Ghana education system lol) and immediately got attacked for calling her Ghanaian and I beleive I have every right to consider her as such, that's all.
Definitely, no problem, no qualms, they're not saying she isn't Ghanaian, they're just stating that she is Nigerian as well as Ghanaian, but then I suppose her being brought up in Ghana means she is more 'in' with the Ghanaian culture.
Re: Yvonne Okoro Shines In 4play, Best Film So Far From Venus Films by rhymz(m): 12:46pm On Aug 05, 2010
Bennyboy
You are the one who is mistaking concept here, whether she was born in Ghana or not does not erase the fact that she has dual identity, it is in the right order to say she is half Nigerian and Ghanaian simple. All that long epistle abt gene and nationality is unneccessary, it does not erase the fact that one her parents is Nigerian and for her to still identify with that tells that even though she lives in Ghana, she is well informed and aware of her other root (nigeria) and identifies with it.
Get over yourself and stop arguing like there is some point to be won if she were entirely Ghana.
Re: Yvonne Okoro Shines In 4play, Best Film So Far From Venus Films by Bennyboy11: 2:29pm On Aug 05, 2010
There is nothing to be won just a point to be made. There is a difference between gene and nationality which I think again you've missed entirely. It would be stupid of her to deny her Nigerian connection not least because she has fans on both sides and it would not only be commercially naive to do so, but also uncalled for.

If you had followed the posts it would have put everything into context. You are the one coming up with unnecessary unrelated comments about scamming and pushing and Ghanaians claiming and not claiming which if I had stooped low would have ultimately ended up in the usual Ghana vs. Nigeria rubbish which I certainly don’t subscribe to, and by the way it indicates the pettiness of your thinking.

The points I made are very relevant and demonstrate the legitimacy of my initial comment but obviously it is completely wasted on you.
Re: Yvonne Okoro Shines In 4play, Best Film So Far From Venus Films by Nayah(f): 3:14pm On Aug 05, 2010
She's nice but still prefer Jackie Appiah a beautiful Ghanian actress
Now guys this Okoro is African problem solved non? wink
Re: Yvonne Okoro Shines In 4play, Best Film So Far From Venus Films by Bennyboy11: 3:41pm On Aug 05, 2010
Yep problem solved, a certain "rhymz" got the smack down!

Jackie is very nice too and actually there is a resemblance, but I think Yvonne has a slight edge.

Yvonne has that classy "GHANA" chick appeal lol.
Re: Yvonne Okoro Shines In 4play, Best Film So Far From Venus Films by Nayah(f): 3:46pm On Aug 05, 2010
bennyboy, I know some ghanians but really this Yvonne looks very nice but the charm of Jackie Appiah is undoubtable, there is something about this woman I really like
Re: Yvonne Okoro Shines In 4play, Best Film So Far From Venus Films by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 05, 2010
Yvonne is better than Jackie.

There is no comparison.
Re: Yvonne Okoro Shines In 4play, Best Film So Far From Venus Films by Bennyboy11: 4:19pm On Aug 05, 2010
I have to agree with that. The problem I have with jackie is she puts on an american accent sometimes which gets on my nerves plus all the fake contacts and eye stuff can be over the top and a bit off putting. Don't get me wrong Jackie Appiah is very beautiful too no two ways, very pretty.

But Yvonne is a Natural beauty and her figure is better than Jackie, I mean the girl fine proper!! with those eyes don't play
Re: Yvonne Okoro Shines In 4play, Best Film So Far From Venus Films by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 05, 2010
Jackie is not very beautiful.

She is pretty though. I wouldn't toast her if I were a man or a lesbian.

Yvonne Nelson and Yvonne Okoro would be my target.
Re: Yvonne Okoro Shines In 4play, Best Film So Far From Venus Films by THEAMAKA(f): 4:48pm On Aug 05, 2010
dude sharap! she is half Nigerian(IGBO), GET OVER IT!
Re: Yvonne Okoro Shines In 4play, Best Film So Far From Venus Films by rubi(f): 6:31pm On Aug 05, 2010
michelin89:

Quite predictable.

Although different from the usual as it was the man doing the juju this time.

But certain parts were useless.

All those sex scenes.
This is why I hate ghollywood movie most of their scenes are all about sex sex
Re: Yvonne Okoro Shines In 4play, Best Film So Far From Venus Films by rubi(f): 6:38pm On Aug 05, 2010
1 watched the movie her articulation, carriage and the way she interpretes her role was amazing she was different from other actress. Now I know where the root is from kiss

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BARBARIC ACT WATCH Video!area Boys Strip Naked & Torture Married Woman / Mother And Daughter Ankara Styles - Cool & Trendy Matching Outfits To Try Out / Housefly Spotted In The Picture Of Nigerian Rapper "Lil Kesh"� (ZOOM)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.