Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,948 members, 7,949,259 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 12:26 AM

Abuja Is No Longer Safe - Gimba Kakanda, Journalist Shares Paralyzing Experience - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Abuja Is No Longer Safe - Gimba Kakanda, Journalist Shares Paralyzing Experience (27329 Views)

Police To Gimba Kakanda: I Will Waste You And Nobody Can Do Anything To Me / Samuel Aku Attah Dies: NSCDC Officer Shot In Kidnap Attack In Abuja Is Dead / The Woman Who Is Accused Of Fraud At Union Bank In Abuja Is Also A Pastor(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja Is No Longer Safe - Gimba Kakanda, Journalist Shares Paralyzing Experience by winkmart: 6:53am On Jul 10, 2018
An Abuja based journalist, Gimba Kakanda has taken to twitter to narrate his rather hilarious experience in a society that doesn't seem to be safe.

According to him, he was traveling at night and then noticed a car was on his trail only for him to increase his speed and the car trailing him maintain pursuit.

Read his story below:

You know Abuja is no longer safe. And here’s my own paralyzing experience. Issa thread!

I left a friend’s place in Asokoro around 3 AM, and, quite unusually, noticed a car trailing. The driver honked, perhaps asking me to give way. I slowed down, expecting it to overtake. It didn’t. Then it began to accelerate the moment I did. That was the first sign of danger.

I had been a night crawler and often confused whenever I read narratives of Abuja as a place unsafe, quietly dismissing them as exaggeration or paranoia. But I wasn’t going to take chances this night. No be me una go carry trend hashtag!

I would’ve been a Formula 1 athlete if I were born in a place with functional health facilities, and that you may agree with at the end of this horror. I was initially somewhat amused by this opportunity to show somebody’s child what the rear light of a certain car looked like.

Okay, it’s not a funny encounter. But I didn’t exactly panic until the stalker began to chase after me, going as fast as I was, and it’s the point I appreciated the presence of Police checkpoints I had likened to normalized begging in the city. Only this time I couldn’t find any.

I took the road heading to Central Area from AYA. I was driving fast, he chased. I searched for my phone to get our gate-man to leave the gate open and get people to wait outside, but there’s no phone in sight. It must’ve fallen under the seat I thought. I groped for it. Nothing.

Then my chaser began to honk the horn, leaving me even more confused. Was he expecting me to stop? Really? Nice try, kidnapper. But I sped on, thanking Abuja for at least its good network of roads in spite of the malfunctioning street-lamps.

Soon we were in a drag race along Shehu Yar’adua Way. I drove at a speed the car could somersault if I made a sudden turn, and yet our distance apart wasn’t much. Again there were no police at the check-points around Life Camp round-about and the traffic lights to the district.

My place is on a close, so I know it’s a trap to head there without any plan. I didn’t think hard for what crossed my mind. I drove to the house of a neigbour that had armed soldiers as guards, honked and parked. They rushed out bearing arms. And then came my chaser. What a fool!

Oh, wait a minute. I recognized the chaser’s car. It’s my host in Asokoro, and then the soldiers barked for the reason I was there. “There’s a mistake somewhere,” I said. “I thought I was being chased by...” I pointed to the chaser, my friend.

He was laughing. Then another soldier joined while I was explaining, and recognized me as a neighbour. He asked his colleagues to let us go. My friend was actually coming to deliver my phone. I left it on the couch in his place. And he was laughing as he passed it to me.

Full time from Asokoro: Gimba Kakanda 0: 10 His Friend. You don't trust people in this period where internal security has become a very big issue. But don't you know your friend's car?

Haha. He got me really bad, but my anger meant that he would never ever try such silly prank with me again. I couldn’t tell his car, it was dark and the headlight was blinding.

Haba kakanda gberi! When in danger use your no 6. Asokoro to police hq. Guards brigade hq, Niger barracks etc. Alhamdulillah ka tsira!

As a brother I’ll advise to never try that. They will open fire on you before your racing car even gets to their spot!

https://lailasnews.com/abuja-is-no-longer-safe-journalist-shares-paralyzing-experience/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abuja Is No Longer Safe - Gimba Kakanda, Journalist Shares Paralyzing Experience by princeade86(m): 6:54am On Jul 10, 2018
where is save in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Is No Longer Safe - Gimba Kakanda, Journalist Shares Paralyzing Experience by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:55am On Jul 10, 2018
A coward die twice before his DEATH! wink cheesy grin

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abuja Is No Longer Safe - Gimba Kakanda, Journalist Shares Paralyzing Experience by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:58am On Jul 10, 2018
princeade86:
Do not read the headline only!

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abuja Is No Longer Safe - Gimba Kakanda, Journalist Shares Paralyzing Experience by GOFRONT(m): 7:00am On Jul 10, 2018
Where is NwaAmaikpe??.....

You and yo friend dey do fast n Furious inside town, Las las na soldier front una finally end race....What if them soldiers misunderstand una com open fire upon una??.....

The case of Corper Ngozi Ugwute is still fresh in our memories oo...

8 Likes

Re: Abuja Is No Longer Safe - Gimba Kakanda, Journalist Shares Paralyzing Experience by decatalyst(m): 7:04am On Jul 10, 2018
If you believe the writer is a fool for creating a false headline click like and if you believe his friend is more of a fool for acting like that at the early hours of the morning click share.

One of the most annoying read I have had on Nairaland. undecided

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abuja Is No Longer Safe - Gimba Kakanda, Journalist Shares Paralyzing Experience by decatalyst(m): 7:12am On Jul 10, 2018
princeade86:

Lazy Nigerian yoot.

..believes whatever they are told even when facts are right in their front to verify.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abuja Is No Longer Safe - Gimba Kakanda, Journalist Shares Paralyzing Experience by Blakjewelry(m): 7:15am On Jul 10, 2018
the guy son mad lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja Is No Longer Safe - Gimba Kakanda, Journalist Shares Paralyzing Experience by Asquare84(m): 7:25am On Jul 10, 2018
It a fabricated story

3 Likes

Re: Abuja Is No Longer Safe - Gimba Kakanda, Journalist Shares Paralyzing Experience by Tapout(m): 7:57am On Jul 10, 2018
Asquare84:
It a fabricated story

doesn't sound fabricated. He was trying to give him bk his phone. If only the society was safe and sane, he wouldn't have judged him to be an armed robber or kidnapper. The whole misconception began when his friend refused to overtake him even after he slowed down.

Still a risky prank tho.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Is No Longer Safe - Gimba Kakanda, Journalist Shares Paralyzing Experience by Sirpaul(m): 11:55am On Jul 10, 2018
Nigeria is not a safe place not just Abuja.

buh Twitter stories - I smell lies
Re: Abuja Is No Longer Safe - Gimba Kakanda, Journalist Shares Paralyzing Experience by Flexherbal(m): 11:56am On Jul 10, 2018
Thank Got the story ended in laughter!
Re: Abuja Is No Longer Safe - Gimba Kakanda, Journalist Shares Paralyzing Experience by greatman247(m): 11:56am On Jul 10, 2018
Where come save? Your village?
Re: Abuja Is No Longer Safe - Gimba Kakanda, Journalist Shares Paralyzing Experience by tballeyy(m): 11:59am On Jul 10, 2018
Where is now safe? Is it Benue or Taraba, u better go back to sleep
Re: Abuja Is No Longer Safe - Gimba Kakanda, Journalist Shares Paralyzing Experience by Alva2018: 11:59am On Jul 10, 2018
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Abuja Is No Longer Safe - Gimba Kakanda, Journalist Shares Paralyzing Experience by afroniger: 12:00pm On Jul 10, 2018
sad
Re: Abuja Is No Longer Safe - Gimba Kakanda, Journalist Shares Paralyzing Experience by maxiuc(m): 12:01pm On Jul 10, 2018
grin
Re: Abuja Is No Longer Safe - Gimba Kakanda, Journalist Shares Paralyzing Experience by Midastorch(m): 12:03pm On Jul 10, 2018
He's simply senseless, reading through his write up, I know it's someone that knows him, which kain kidnapper has time to honk for you...... The guy doesn't have mind to prank you definitely, but you gave him reasons to...

3 Likes

Re: Abuja Is No Longer Safe - Gimba Kakanda, Journalist Shares Paralyzing Experience by Gkemz: 12:03pm On Jul 10, 2018
You are joking because you've not had the real ugly experience. Misleading topic.
Re: Abuja Is No Longer Safe - Gimba Kakanda, Journalist Shares Paralyzing Experience by maxiuc(m): 12:05pm On Jul 10, 2018
Asquare84:
It a fabricated story
angry

Maybe because you don't stay in Abuja

Here in FHA lugbe hmmm terrible Sha aboki okada will Trace you to your street snatch your phone and stab you in the process

The insecurities in Abuja has discomposed and alarming

In my street Two cars was stolen a Hilux and a Toyota Corolla
Re: Abuja Is No Longer Safe - Gimba Kakanda, Journalist Shares Paralyzing Experience by viccgm: 12:06pm On Jul 10, 2018
Before nko. We know.
Re: Abuja Is No Longer Safe - Gimba Kakanda, Journalist Shares Paralyzing Experience by Agadsman(m): 12:07pm On Jul 10, 2018
Don't blame them...na them na.....codein takers. Must you give your friend his phone that night?? Can't you wait till day break? You guys are lucky you didn't meet speed bumps on the road na different stories we for dey hear for social media.

5 Likes

Re: Abuja Is No Longer Safe - Gimba Kakanda, Journalist Shares Paralyzing Experience by lenny12(m): 12:07pm On Jul 10, 2018
decatalyst:
If you believe the writer is a fool for creating a false headline click like and if you believe his friend is more of a fool for acting like that at the early hours of the morning click share.

One of the most annoying read I have had on Nairaland. undecided
fool....
Re: Abuja Is No Longer Safe - Gimba Kakanda, Journalist Shares Paralyzing Experience by TalkTalkTwins(m): 12:09pm On Jul 10, 2018
princeade86:
An example of someone that came to watch peeshaws grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Is No Longer Safe - Gimba Kakanda, Journalist Shares Paralyzing Experience by lenny12(m): 12:09pm On Jul 10, 2018
Agadsman:
Don't blame them...na them na.....codein takers. Must you give your friend his phone that night?? Can't you wait till day break? You guys are lucky you didn't meet speed bumps on the road na different stories we for dey hear for social media.
what If The Phone Dey Important, At That Particular Moment...Nkor??

1 Like

Re: Abuja Is No Longer Safe - Gimba Kakanda, Journalist Shares Paralyzing Experience by Vested(m): 12:10pm On Jul 10, 2018
winkmart:
An Abuja based journalist, Gimba Kakanda has taken to twitter to narrate his rather hilarious experience in a society that doesn't seem to be safe.

According to him, he was traveling at night and then noticed a car was on his trail only for him to increase his speed and the car trailing him maintain pursuit.

Read his story below:

https://lailasnews.com/abuja-is-no-longer-safe-journalist-shares-paralyzing-experience/

Stories!!!
We are all formula 1 drivers when we go behind the steering wheel. It's a natural thing with us Nigerians especially with the fact that no one enforces speed limits in this country.
Tell me another story abeg.

Meanwhile, I have a 5kva inverter and 8 solar panels for sale so you can enjoy uninterrupted power supply, like I did before batteries packed out. Check my ad.

https://www.nairaland.com/4568736/5kva-solar-inverter-8-solar
Re: Abuja Is No Longer Safe - Gimba Kakanda, Journalist Shares Paralyzing Experience by IamPatriotic(m): 12:11pm On Jul 10, 2018
What is a normal human being doing on the street by 3:00 am? But what kind of idiotic and action seeking narrative is this now.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Is No Longer Safe - Gimba Kakanda, Journalist Shares Paralyzing Experience by CaptainStephen(m): 12:11pm On Jul 10, 2018
Lolz pranks we play on our colleagues cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Abuja Is No Longer Safe - Gimba Kakanda, Journalist Shares Paralyzing Experience by Xisnin(m): 12:12pm On Jul 10, 2018
lenny12:
what If The Phone Dey Important, At That Particular Moment...Nkor??
As important as their lives?
Re: Abuja Is No Longer Safe - Gimba Kakanda, Journalist Shares Paralyzing Experience by millionboi2: 12:15pm On Jul 10, 2018
APC government is terrorising Nigeria.

We must change dis change

(1) (2) (Reply)

Imo Police Confirm Killing Of Traditional Ruler (Picture) / 2 Missing Herdsmen Found Dead In Delta State / Indonesia Court Sentences Islamic School Teacher For Life For Raping Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.