Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,610 members, 7,888,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 07:05 PM

Ekiti 2018: Ekiti Governorship: Oshiomhole Backs Deployment Of Military - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti 2018: Ekiti Governorship: Oshiomhole Backs Deployment Of Military (511 Views)

INEC Declares Kayode Fayemi Winner Of Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 / Ekiti Governorship Election: #FayoseChallenge Goes Viral On Twitter (Photos) / Ten Reasons Why APC May Win Ekiti Governorship Election By Suanusblog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti 2018: Ekiti Governorship: Oshiomhole Backs Deployment Of Military by engineerboat(m): 8:18am On Jul 10, 2018
The APC National Chairman, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, has backed the deployment of military for the forthcoming governorship election in Ekiti State.
Oshiomhole spoke with journalists after a closed-door meeting with British High Commissioner to Nigeria, Mr. Paul Arkwright in Abuja.

He said that people should not dictate the number of police personnel to be deployed for the governorship poll to the Inspector General of Police (IGP) in order to secure lives and property.

The former labour leader, who voiced APC's commitment to free and fair election in Ekiti, said the presence of adequate security personnel was necessary to the "rigging machine” serviced by criminals.
He said, "Whether they should use the military or not, I don’t think you want to argue that. Over the years since 1999, 2003, the Armed Forces have always been deployed; don’t forget, when I was in Edo State, I told people that I want the armed forces to be involved in the election because the rigging machine is serviced by criminals who are hardened and who are often hired. Now if you have criminals wielding AK 47 on an election day, and the police is overwhelmed, you want to say the army should not be deployed? We shouldn’t worry about who we deploy, I think we should all pray that however people are deployed, in the end, we are not counting dead bodies.

“My experience in Edo is that you will hear stories like this, so, so people deployed....I have seen that in Edo. The important thing is that regardless of what the police chooses to do, regardless of the number they choose to deploy, let us ensure that those who are going to vote are safe and that the votes cast are secure, whatever number they need to secure the lives of those who are going to vote to create that sense of security for people to move freely to vote for candidates of their choice, I don’t think we should dictate to IGP how many people he wants to deploy."

The APC national chairman thanked the British government for their support in promoting democracy in Nigeria and promised free and fair process in Ekiti
“For the process is more important than the outcome because we are looking at the Nigeria project in terms of sustaining democracy not the survival of a particular political aspirant whether it is on my party platform or in the platform of the opposition,” he said.
While speaking, the British High Commissioner, Mr. Arkwright said his country intended to send observers to Ekiti State to ensure credible poll because of interest in Nigeria’s democracy.

“The British High Commission will be sending a team there to observe the election and to ensure that they go smoothly, to ensure that INEC can do its job, that the security forces do their job and basically to ensure that the people of Ekiti State are allowed to freely express their opinion, to vote along with their conscience and to be able to do so in peaceful manner,” Arkwright said.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/ekiti-governorship-oshiomhole-backs-deployment-of-military-260140.html

Re: Ekiti 2018: Ekiti Governorship: Oshiomhole Backs Deployment Of Military by Nackzy: 8:24am On Jul 10, 2018
What other option do they have other than use the military to intimidate the opposition and rigg the election
I wish buhari understands that is corruption as well
APC they are like the white sepulchre, outwardly they appear beautiful, inside is full of dead men's Bone
Re: Ekiti 2018: Ekiti Governorship: Oshiomhole Backs Deployment Of Military by Alphafeezay(m): 8:25am On Jul 10, 2018
A repeat of 2014 that brought Fayose to power is at play here.

Oshiomhole will do whatever it takes for Fayemi to win. The rest will be decided in court.

For sure, Oshiomhole will use every federal might possible.
Re: Ekiti 2018: Ekiti Governorship: Oshiomhole Backs Deployment Of Military by weyreypey: 8:26am On Jul 10, 2018
cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hI8jdZ33Zs

The your land or your life party APC has no choice than to compromise the military

1 Like

Re: Ekiti 2018: Ekiti Governorship: Oshiomhole Backs Deployment Of Military by Alphafeezay(m): 8:28am On Jul 10, 2018
Nackzy:
What other option do they have other than use the military to intimidate the option and rigg the election
I wish buhari understands that is corruption as well
APC they are like the white sepulchre, outwardly they appear beautiful, inside is full of dead men's Bone

In as much as I don't support rigging, if you will be sincere to yourself, this was what brought Fayose to power., intimidation by armed forces and the police.
GEJ made Fayose the GCFR that day, Service Chiefs were taking order from Fayose, APC leaders where locked out and the election was massively rigged.
Fayose is so afraid of something and for sure Oshiomhole will pay him back.
Re: Ekiti 2018: Ekiti Governorship: Oshiomhole Backs Deployment Of Military by Baawaa(m): 8:30am On Jul 10, 2018
I don't understand why Fayose is crying now what goes around comes around, moreover everybody knows what Fayose can do he can turn the election to war,those his militants will behave themselves.
Re: Ekiti 2018: Ekiti Governorship: Oshiomhole Backs Deployment Of Military by weyreypey: 8:31am On Jul 10, 2018
Alphafeezay:

In as much as I don't support rigging, if you will be sincere to yourself, this was what brought Fayose to power., intimidation by armed forces and the police.
GEJ made Fayose the GCFR that day, Service Chiefs were taking order from Fayose, APC leaders where locked out and the election was massively rigged.
You'd just kill a lot of people....

1 Like

Re: Ekiti 2018: Ekiti Governorship: Oshiomhole Backs Deployment Of Military by Nackzy: 8:31am On Jul 10, 2018
Alphafeezay:

My brother i agree with you, but why are they parading themselves as saint

1 Like

Re: Ekiti 2018: Ekiti Governorship: Oshiomhole Backs Deployment Of Military by weyreypey: 8:32am On Jul 10, 2018
Baawaa:
I don't understand why Fayose is crying now what goes around comes around, moreover everybody knows what Fayose can do he can turn the election to war,those his militants will behave themselves.

Ekiti votes must count.
Re: Ekiti 2018: Ekiti Governorship: Oshiomhole Backs Deployment Of Military by Nbote(m): 8:33am On Jul 10, 2018
D tow commenters above are pathetic... D military haven't been deployed to zamfara, Plateau or Benue villages en masse to quell dis herdsmen attack once and for all but deploying thousands of dem for election purposes is ok and laudable abi?
Re: Ekiti 2018: Ekiti Governorship: Oshiomhole Backs Deployment Of Military by weyreypey: 8:35am On Jul 10, 2018
Nbote:
D tow commenters above are pathetic... D military haven't been deployed to zamfara, Plateau or Benue villages en masse to quell dis herdsmen attack once and for all but deploying thousands of dem for election purposes is ok and laudable abi?
Let them bring swat or US marines... Ekiti State is on lockdown by the PDP

1 Like

Re: Ekiti 2018: Ekiti Governorship: Oshiomhole Backs Deployment Of Military by success1smyn(m): 8:38am On Jul 10, 2018
no be dis same people talk say we no need military during election under the

smh

now they want to use federal power, na lie who go win go win

(1) (Reply)

Finally, Dino Melaye Hangs His Soul On Buhari, IGP / Icca/umunna Commends South-east Governors For Rejecting Ranching. / Urgent: Inec Registration Center In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.