Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,832 members, 7,935,588 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 11:55 AM

Eaglets, African Champions! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eaglets, African Champions! (851 Views)

NFF Urges Eaglets To Create Record For Buhari / African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eaglets, African Champions! by dogarij: 10:11pm On Mar 25, 2007
A good match for the Nigeria Golden Eaglets, beating host country, Togo in the U-17 final today 1-0. Kudos
Get the World cup in Korea by August 2007.
Re: Eaglets, African Champions! by Seun(m): 9:15am On Mar 26, 2007
Really? How did I miss this match?
Re: Eaglets, African Champions! by Razorr(f): 9:34am On Mar 26, 2007
Good match. I saw plenty of potential in it. The Togolese played well, as they pilled a lot of preasure on us. I heard Adebayor promised them 7 million dollars if they won. It's a pity they lost.

The Nigerians scored at extra time. Nepa grin took light soon after we scored and the match had to be stopped until the light returned five minutes later.
Re: Eaglets, African Champions! by Abdblues(m): 11:25am On Mar 26, 2007
7 million Dollars ke? Where he for see that 1??Too bad i couldnt watch the match, but reports from everywhere have been saying the same thing, That the boys played really well. Meanwhile i hope they are really boys and not men o?As are they very young (noy necessarily under 17 sha)
Re: Eaglets, African Champions! by Razorr(f): 11:30am On Mar 26, 2007
It's still the same nonsense o. The boys looked 25 years old on average.  angry

As for Adebayor, I heard he had already given them 3 million dollars before the final, and promised them the 7 million dollars if they won.
Re: Eaglets, African Champions! by Abdblues(m): 11:40am On Mar 26, 2007
Na wah for this age cheating thing o but i guess the consolation is that they played and we can see future super eagles iin some of them! It is always a double disaster if they are old and still cant play well like the report we got in the case of the flying eagles!!
Re: Eaglets, African Champions! by lakeside4love(m): 12:12pm On Mar 26, 2007
Nigeria’s Golden Eaglets, Sunday, confirmed their superiority over the hosts, Togo, when they scored an extra time goal to win the Under-17 African Youth Championship in Lome.

The goal, scored by unmarked Akinsola Kabiru was all Nigeria needed to silence the aggressive Togolese, who interrupted power supply after the Eaglets only goal of the match.

Togo’s goalkeeper had no solution to Akinsola’s powerful grounder outside 18-yard box in the 16th minute of extra time, after initial regulation time.
The match started on a cautious note with Togo playing deep into Nigeria’s area, but they were not lucky enough to break through the Eaglets wall of defence.

The Togolese with their fast break from the wings, had Atakora Lalawele to thank for making briliant moves that almost resulted to goal.
The young Togolese fought like a wonded lion as he contested every ball from Nigerian players, but all his efforts were thwarted by determined Golden Eaglets.
Playing in front of teeming supporters, Eaglets suddenly rose to the billing to take full control of the midfield.

From Osanga King to Chrisantus Macauley and Ibrahim Rabiu, Eaglets looked more supreme and solid to win the cup.
Eaglets put no one in doubt about their unbeaten record in the competition as they rattled the Togolese in every departments of the game.

After the first 15 minutes of the extra time that failed to produce goals, Eaglets went back to plan fresh strategies and Akinsola Kabiru didn’t forget to hammer a powerful shot which later decide the keenly contested duel,
Re: Eaglets, African Champions! by 9ja4eva: 7:20pm On Apr 02, 2007
Proud of them always.

(1) (Reply)

The Premiership Title Race Is Over! / Alex Ferguson And Mourinho Living On Shadow Dreams / Mikel Da Ba Ru Fa Cup Oooooo !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.