Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,639 members, 7,901,978 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 06:39 PM

I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next (28929 Views)

I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay / Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him / I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by texazzpete(m): 8:07am On Jul 11, 2018
Troubledmind:
The job paid me well, and i was able to save a substantial sum of money in five months before being fired last week by my boss, i was double crossed by a co worker and my boss replaced me with him, he got what he wanted but thats not my problem, i already got what i wanted. My problem now is what to do with the money i was able to save.

I have skills i am eager to put to good use but i don't know if it'll bring results, I'm good with website creation, graphics, writting and a bit of programming, so i was thinking of getting myself a costly laptop capable of handling everything and hone my skills/passion, delve into fiverr and freelancing, then start a gaming blog, the first of its kind because I'm a game addict. Is there a way can succeed with this plans?

Lalasticlala please help a brother

Get a midrange laptop first. You don’t need the highest end laptop for coding and web development.

Kill the gaming blog idea. It won’t pay, and it’s not really the first of its kind in Naija. You just think this because all the others suffered untimely deaths.

Put more effort into self- development. You need to buff up your limited coding skills. Probably look into getting a cheap Mac if you’re interested in iOS app development. Go to Udemy and grab some learning courses at $10 each.

Good luck!

3 Likes

Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by Nobody: 8:08am On Jul 11, 2018
Mac2016:

Sheer luck my brother! I expected &O(2.5) in that game...see where we are!
Expect such outcome in today's game.
Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by naifizzy: 8:09am On Jul 11, 2018
Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by naifizzy: 8:09am On Jul 11, 2018
Troubledmind:
The job paid me well, and i was able to save a substantial sum of money in five months before being fired last week by my boss, i was double crossed by a co worker and my boss replaced me with him, he got what he wanted but thats not my problem, i already got what i wanted. My problem now is what to do with the money i was able to save.

I have skills i am eager to put to good use but i don't know if it'll bring results, I'm good with website creation, graphics, writting and a bit of programming, so i was thinking of getting myself a costly laptop capable of handling everything and hone my skills/passion, delve into fiverr and freelancing, then start a gaming blog, the first of its kind because I'm a game addict. Is there a way can succeed with this plans?

This is an opportunity to learn and earn a living in Multimedia... Music videos, 2d Animation, Wedding Videos, Youtube Videos, Editing,Lighting, Film making, Screenplay making, Story Boarding,... Understand the whole concept from A to Z.

We are offering 85% discount for the Month of June... Yes!! Pay N15,000 and learn the whole package in one month. 3 hours a day. 5 days a week. 100% Practicals and Weekend classes as well.

Another good news is you can use our Equipments for jobs you get after your classes FREE!!!

Interested!! You must be based in Lagos o!!

Our Location is in Lagos and we will operate a very flexible training to fit your schedule.

If interested send an email to:

grandvideoinstitute@gmail.com

Weddings alone you could make a fortune doing Videography!!

You could also make a fortune doing photo albums for Weddings!!

You could make a fortune doing quality Music Videos for upcoming artist!!

You dont need to be a genius.... You just need to know the Skills!!

You dont need to have the equipments... We will provide you with them after your classes for rentals... Free!!

2 Likes

Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by brodalokie: 8:13am On Jul 11, 2018
They don't need those your skills. They want you in some other places like truckpushing etc
Life is a teacher grin
Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by FrenchyL(m): 8:19am On Jul 11, 2018
Troubledmind:

Learn more about cryptocurrencies and become an investor. You won't regret it.
Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by FitnesScientist: 8:20am On Jul 11, 2018
How much did you save?
Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by jaxxy(m): 8:22am On Jul 11, 2018
Perfect ur current skills and see how to apply them and also get more relevant and lucrative skills and add to them. Don't use ur limited money to gamble into smtn totally new that has not been tested to be lucrative yet. I mean ur game blogging site etc... do dat when u hv change to spare.
Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by Legalese(m): 8:23am On Jul 11, 2018
You can do anything want. Just make sure you're absolutely ready and dedicated to it. And then don't be in a haste to see results. Give yourself time to garner experience which can only be gotten from consistent pursuit of whatever you're involved in. Don't forget prudence and discipline.

1 Like

Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by Oluwalonseungbo(m): 8:25am On Jul 11, 2018
Great idea,one thing I have learnt on my sojourn of self discovery is placing skills into practical use,I believe you have chosen a great path and start by starting up.....Don't relent put your heads up and you never know the greatness you are about to open.

Enjoy the start up!
Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by Donraqh(m): 8:28am On Jul 11, 2018
Troubledmind:

I got this for you and more who will go this way in the nearest future https://financengr.com/8-expert-tips-to-surviving-job-loss/
Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by zinizta: 8:32am On Jul 11, 2018
Troubledmind:

how much were you able to save ? is it up to a million?
Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by aspirebig: 8:35am On Jul 11, 2018
All i read here is vague.

That so called " huge" amount of money could be small relatively.

Set achievable goal and be specific, focused and give yourself time .After that, evaluate yourself and see what you done and what you have not.

Good luck.
Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by Kog45(m): 8:45am On Jul 11, 2018
Troubledmind:

Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by Kog45(m): 8:46am On Jul 11, 2018
Troubledmind:

Troubledmind,pls relax your mind and say thank you God and think deep why you got it wrongly and move on.

My friend you will make it only with positive mind and your success is you and only you can stop it.
Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by DIYhackers: 8:51am On Jul 11, 2018
Barnillionaire:
I am so sorry for what happened to you, accept my sympathy..

Yes, there are many things you can do that will also fetch you good and huge money higher than the one you are being paid.

I read you mentioned fiverr, I am into fiverr and made well over two million within 4 months.

There are lots of platforms that can pay you handsomely very well but i will like us to chat for more details..

You can contact me on whatsapp on 07039436875

Mr. Babafemi
The thunder that will fire you people ehn. With such ridiculous claim

1 Like

Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by donqx: 8:58am On Jul 11, 2018
hmmmm
Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by millionboi2: 9:06am On Jul 11, 2018
buygala:
"The job paid me well, and i was able to save a substantial sum of money in five months before being fired last week by my boss, i was double crossed by a co worker and my boss replaced me with him, he got what he wanted but thats not my problem, i already got what i wanted"

Op please can you explain to us the circumstances surrounding your being "double crossed by a co-worker" and subsequently being fired after just 5 months on the Job?

We can't just be blindly supporting bad tin and advising you on how to invest proceeds of possible fraud or embezzlement sad
God bless u.

Na so one stupid/useless gal asked me to tell her office that I bought a phone,I did not buy.........I shout

#What a wicked world.
Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by romenna: 9:09am On Jul 11, 2018
As a worker in any private firm in naija, it is an error to think you have job security.
Dont spend anyhow, collect ur salary from them and be in a hurry to build sometin that will last for a very long time after ur job.
Be wise

1 Like

Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by Eberex(m): 9:11am On Jul 11, 2018
Mac2016:

Sheer luck my brother! I expected &O(2.5) in that game...see where we are!

The 100% certainty in the games is FIRST HALF UNDER 1.5
Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by JeffreyJames(m): 9:12am On Jul 11, 2018
Op if you love playing games and want to start a gaming blog, by all means do. Ignore people that are telling you to kill the idea. Set up a YouTube channel along with it. Upload videos of your very good gameplays. Video games gameplay have very high views on YouTube. In no time, you'll be earning from it if you are consistent and hardworking. There are very few (if any at all) Nigerian gaming blogs. This is an untapped arena because there are a lot of gamers in Nigeria.
Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by OboOlora(f): 9:24am On Jul 11, 2018
How can u go down alone? So u mean u gonna let the co worker just live like that?

Before u start any business, pls go and read 48 laws of power

U too soft man!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by amsktn: 9:30am On Jul 11, 2018
BAD MONEY ALWAYS END BADLY.
NO WAY TO ENJOY ....

ABOVE IS JUST INTRODUCTION TO YOUR ANSWER.

I HOPE WHAT YOU GOT WAS YOUR RIGHT.
THANKS BRO.
Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by Ken4agent(m): 10:16am On Jul 11, 2018
Have yu consider AgroBiz If not check to read my write-ups on NL

1 Like

Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by babony1: 10:22am On Jul 11, 2018
gurunlocker:
Bro, if you really have all these skills then you are a millionaire in disguise, you don't need to work under someone.

Don't do gambling and later come here to cry.
Correct, I think he just need to put all these skills into use one after the other by firstly implement one skill, see the progress of that one for some months with taking all the necessary measures and the assessment and the final results on that first business may be a pointer to move on to the implementation of the second, third skills.
Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by Slimdoug(m): 10:24am On Jul 11, 2018
Troubledmind:

Hi. Since you are a game freak, you can invest in a good enough but not too expensive laptop and a keypad controller. Also get a good enough video camera and tripod stand as well as a lavalier mic for audio. Start a youtube channel and just explore, play and have fun with your audience. On the side, you could also improve your programming skills for freelancing on fiverr later. Popular learning sites include: Codecademy, FreeCodeCamp and Udacity. You could start with html>css>python>javascript>java>SQL and so on. just try and make use of the time you've got. Enjoy!

1 Like

Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by Greatzeus(m): 11:10am On Jul 11, 2018
Barnillionaire:
I am so sorry for what happened to you, accept my sympathy..

Yes, there are many things you can do that will also fetch you good and huge money higher than the one you are being paid.

I read you mentioned fiverr, I am into fiverr and made well over two million within 4 months.

There are lots of platforms that can pay you handsomely very well but i will like us to chat for more details..

You can contact me on whatsapp on 07039436875

Mr. Babafemi
Liar,you make N2m every 4 months,yet your ass is dropping your number indiscriminately on a faceless forum,why? So as to help Op make 2m too?
Only God knows when you guys make the so called millions,since you are always here, lobbying for nairalander to contact your fake ass.
Get out of here jooor, lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by Ugosample(m): 12:06pm On Jul 11, 2018
all I'll tell you my brother is that you should beware of all those telling you to "check their signature" or whatsapp them for more info
To avoid being double crossed the second time, because I'll say this without apology that this forum is now a den of criminals

That said, "substantial fund" is relative

Don't rush into anything or jump into anythihg yet

Count the cost before doing anything

1 Like

Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by Younggeek03(m): 12:21pm On Jul 11, 2018
Op buy a land of 3M in ibeju-lekki close to dangote refinery, it can appreciates to 10M in a year. Comma thank me later.PM
Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by CDCEO001: 12:36pm On Jul 11, 2018
I don't know how much money you have, but I am in the same field.
Buy a domain and hosting service, post your portfolio and share on social media.
If you like you can rent an office or just work from home.
You can also join online website like 99designs & co.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls / How Much Do Air Traffic Controllers Earn In Nigeria? / Man Without Two Legs Sells Ice Cream For A Living. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.