Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,684 members, 7,945,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 11:19 AM

Buhari To Commission $823.5m Abuja Light Rail On Thursday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Commission $823.5m Abuja Light Rail On Thursday (977 Views)

More Pictures as Lagosians Relish Blue Line Rail On First Day / Dino Melaye Thanks Goodluck Jonathan For Completing 85% Of Abuja Light Rail / Ben Bruce Faults Buhari On Commissioning Abuja Light Railway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari To Commission $823.5m Abuja Light Rail On Thursday by Timibabaj(m): 3:28pm On Jul 10, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari is expected to commission the recently-completed first phase of the Abuja light rail project on Thursday, July 12, 2018.

He is also expected to flag-off the railway services signaling the commencement of operations of the long-awaited rail services in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Abuja.

The project was financed through counterpart-funding with the China Export-Import (Exim) Bank on the basis of 60 percent from the Chinese and 40 percent from the FCT administration.

It took more than a decade to complete, having been flagged-off by the Olusegun Obasanjo administration in 2007.

The light rail will link 13 communities with 12 stations at the Abuja Metro, Stadium, Kukwaba 1 and 2, Wupa, Idu, Bassanjiwa, Airport, Gwagwa Dei-Dei, Kagini, and Gbazango.

This is awesome people.

I can only imagine the massive impact this project would have on the Nigerian economy.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari To Commission $823.5m Abuja Light Rail On Thursday by Don4eva(m): 3:30pm On Jul 10, 2018
Good news, If it is true, I commend @Mbuhari for this

BTW

I didn't care to read because I know APC and PROPAGANDA be like

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Commission $823.5m Abuja Light Rail On Thursday by abc115: 3:32pm On Jul 10, 2018
PMB my Man

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Commission $823.5m Abuja Light Rail On Thursday by Blackfire(m): 3:35pm On Jul 10, 2018
Another lie ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Commission $823.5m Abuja Light Rail On Thursday by izaray(f): 3:37pm On Jul 10, 2018
Fat lie! All na wash

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Commission $823.5m Abuja Light Rail On Thursday by seanfer(m): 3:40pm On Jul 10, 2018
10 years the were in party and did not do anything to make this project a reality, They prefer to embezzle the funds meant for the project... Now we know the reason they are trying to come back and steal the little commonwealth we have left

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Commission $823.5m Abuja Light Rail On Thursday by Mrojoshua(m): 4:51pm On Jul 10, 2018
izaray:
Fat lie! All na wash

Another lie indeed, only zombies would believe this lies �

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Commission $823.5m Abuja Light Rail On Thursday by Jakinola01(m): 5:31pm On Jul 10, 2018
You think so, then wait for the Good news, Because your Leaders that has been in position long time ago didn't achieve doesn't means he will not achieve it. By God's grace he will!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Commission $823.5m Abuja Light Rail On Thursday by Jakinola01(m): 10:01am On Jul 11, 2018
I really do love this development.

Timibabaj:
President Muhammadu Buhari is expected to commission the recently-completed first phase of the Abuja light rail project on Thursday, July 12, 2018.

He is also expected to flag-off the railway services signaling the commencement of operations of the long-awaited rail services in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Abuja.

The project was financed through counterpart-funding with the China Export-Import (Exim) Bank on the basis of 60 percent from the Chinese and 40 percent from the FCT administration.

It took more than a decade to complete, having been flagged-off by the Olusegun Obasanjo administration in 2007.

The light rail will link 13 communities with 12 stations at the Abuja Metro, Stadium, Kukwaba 1 and 2, Wupa, Idu, Bassanjiwa, Airport, Gwagwa Dei-Dei, Kagini, and Gbazango.

This is awesome people.

I can only imagine the massive impact this project would have on the Nigerian economy.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Commission $823.5m Abuja Light Rail On Thursday by Babayero212(m): 10:15am On Jul 11, 2018
Nice work from Buhari

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Commission $823.5m Abuja Light Rail On Thursday by Okonsyourguy(m): 11:54am On Jul 11, 2018
This is another welcome development. Kudos is due to the Buhari admin

Timibabaj:

This is awesome people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Commission $823.5m Abuja Light Rail On Thursday by yarimo(m): 12:15pm On Jul 11, 2018
Sai baba BUHARI keep the good work you are doing for Nigeria and Nigerians

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Commission $823.5m Abuja Light Rail On Thursday by KingRagnar: 12:47pm On Jul 11, 2018
Tomorrow some wailers will say PMB has done nothing, he has fulfilled none of his promises. Recently, atleast once a month, a new project is commissioned; step by step Nigeria will gain access to a level where there will be great infrastructure all over the nation, a level where our economy is at its peak in greatness; only if we can take action steps continually like PMB has started without derailing at any point
Re: Buhari To Commission $823.5m Abuja Light Rail On Thursday by Tarzan360(m): 1:50pm On Jul 11, 2018
Nonsense, to commission what Kenya and Ethiopia have been using for many years ago? Giant of africa indeed..... quote me wrongly and see if sars will not waylaid u this weekend

(1) (Reply)

Saraki Says NASS Invasion By DSS Show Of Shame(read Full Speech) / See What Atiku Told Buhari. / PDP: Obi Not Anti-north And Not Sponsoring IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.