Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,176 members, 7,887,417 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:37 AM

K'naan's 'wave Your Flag' Vs Akon's 'oh Africa' - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / K'naan's 'wave Your Flag' Vs Akon's 'oh Africa' (9918 Views)

Poll: Which One Do You Prefer?

Wave Your Flag: 83% (70 votes)
Oh Africa: 16% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

World Cup Song Which Is Better: Shakira Or K'naan? / Official SA 2010 World Cup Song - Waving Flag: Celebration Remix by K'naan / K'naan's Album Release : "troubadour" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: K'naan's 'wave Your Flag' Vs Akon's 'oh Africa' by slap1(m): 8:12am On Jun 13, 2010
wave ur flag gives me goose bumps, what a perfect song! clearly not a song u need to listen to twice to appreciate; just once.
Re: K'naan's 'wave Your Flag' Vs Akon's 'oh Africa' by phreakabit(m): 9:09am On Jun 13, 2010
GOT Waving Flag all the way turned up, Akon should step with his format jor, always coming to 9Ja to collect $1milla for shows and then promise our artists one  silly deal.If he had any interest in our artists he would have featured one of them in "OH AFRICA" its an african world cup for goodness sake.Instead Na Kerry hilson wey no even know road to africa im come feature,make that guy no come here dey lie for us again,after all Wyclef no talk say im go sign anybody but im dey always feature our artists for im main album,as for Akon? leave that guy him be correct Yahoo jor! grin
Re: K'naan's 'wave Your Flag' Vs Akon's 'oh Africa' by shilling(f): 10:05am On Jun 13, 2010
mohawkchic:

~Love K'naan's "Wave Your Flag" it's synonymous w/ the spirit of football & how the fans wave their flag to support their teams! I saw him perform at the concert & it was uplifing seeing how the flags were waving at the performance! I'm not keen on football but i shared a moment w/ all the anticipated football fans around the world!!

~I like the chorus to Akon's song. . . .

~Muki are you too young to remember the original "Zangalewa" been popular in Sa.Lone? I was pleasantly surprised when i heard the chorus to Shakira's "Waka Waka"!

Yeah, my cousins who were born in Bauchi Nigeria taught me that song. So, it was really weird, cos I heard it the first time and I was singing along already.

Even my Sierra Leonan friend knows it!
Re: K'naan's 'wave Your Flag' Vs Akon's 'oh Africa' by mukina2: 11:07am On Jun 13, 2010
mohawkchic:

~Love K'naan's "Wave Your Flag" it's synonymous w/ the spirit of football & how the fans wave their flag to support their teams! I saw him perform at the concert & it was uplifing seeing how the flags were waving at the performance! I'm not keen on football but i shared a moment w/ all the anticipated football fans around the world!!

This!!
K'naan's song gets you in the mood, its uplifting, i almost jumped into the TV when i watched him perform  at the concert.

mohawkchic:

~Muki are you too young to remember the original "Zangalewa" been popular in Sa.Lone? I was pleasantly surprised when i heard the chorus to Shakira's "Waka Waka"!

haba you should ask if  i was too old grin it was popular, remember we used to dance to it standing like soldiers grin pushing our tummies in front grin
I was singing it oh when she was performing grin
Re: K'naan's 'wave Your Flag' Vs Akon's 'oh Africa' by ajekpaks(m): 5:46pm On Jun 13, 2010
Songs

1. K'naan - Waving Flag
2. Shakira - Waka Waka
3. Akon - Oh Africa

Videos
1. Shakira - Waka Waka
2. Akon - Oh Africa
3. K'naan - Waving Flag
Re: K'naan's 'wave Your Flag' Vs Akon's 'oh Africa' by triistar86: 5:55pm On Jun 13, 2010
Please can the poster include R. Kelly's Sign of a Victory cos that is the official anthem of the 2010 world cup. To me Robert Kelechi Killed that song, did y'all wathc the performance at the

openinig ceremony. . . .  Top Notch cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: K'naan's 'wave Your Flag' Vs Akon's 'oh Africa' by shilling(f): 7:11pm On Jun 13, 2010
Yeah, it was pretty good!!
Re: K'naan's 'wave Your Flag' Vs Akon's 'oh Africa' by Ranoscky(m): 9:18pm On Jun 13, 2010
@triistar how u go expect make dem add that R.kelly song (sign of victory) to the listed once from the OP? undecided

Adding dat R.kelly song is just like bringin a knife 2 a gun fight. that song is d bomb mehn, it beats dem all. i love it!
Re: K'naan's 'wave Your Flag' Vs Akon's 'oh Africa' by ourwale: 10:56pm On Jun 13, 2010
COULD ANYONE PLEASE ASSIST ME WITH THE ALBUM WAVING FLAG? KINDLY MAIL IT TO OURWALE@YAHOO.COM . THANK YOU
Re: K'naan's 'wave Your Flag' Vs Akon's 'oh Africa' by misterh(m): 11:17pm On Jun 13, 2010
Wave your flag is simply the best. Check out the jubilation from the crowd at the kick-off.
Re: K'naan's 'wave Your Flag' Vs Akon's 'oh Africa' by myke1759(m): 6:41am On Jun 14, 2010
waving ur flag is the bomb!love it!
Re: K'naan's 'wave Your Flag' Vs Akon's 'oh Africa' by cecegorz(m): 8:46am On Jun 14, 2010
When i heard 'wave your flag' for the first time, i thought it was written by one of these legends, u know its so deep and rich unlike these flaky lyrics of today's singers.

Seeing it was done by such a relatively unknown artist makes it more so appealing. It's a song for a life time.

Any body with a link to the full lyrics?
Re: K'naan's 'wave Your Flag' Vs Akon's 'oh Africa' by cecegorz(m): 9:49am On Jun 14, 2010
Woooooooooooooooooooooooow!!! cool  cool  cool  cool

I just got it right here.

http://www.museke.com/en/node/5078

K'Naan's Waving Flag "Coca Cola Celebration mix" - official World Cup 2010 anthem + lyrics
By Chale - Posted on March 19th, 2010
Tagged: Africa  •  African  •  African musician  •  anthem  •  Awesome  •  football  •  music video  •  remix  •  Somalia  •  South Africa  •  sports  •  World Cup
The Dusty Foot Philosopher and Troubadour man, @iamknaan, is the singer behind the official anthem for the Mzansi Mundial in June this year. Waving Flag, probably K'Naan's most popular song to date, is undoubtedly an African song and calls on us to "release our African rhythm all over the world".

The Somalian rapper, K'Naan Warsame, is based in Toronto, Canada and Los Angeles, USA. The video is directed by Nabil Elderkin and produced by Sol Guy. There is a cameo by Damian Marley. The original lyrics for Waving Flag can be found here. Here are the lyrics for the remix.

Ooooooh Wooooooh, Ooooooh Wooooooh

Give me freedom, give me fire, give me reason, take me higher
See the champions, take the field now, you define us, make us feel proud
In the streets our heads are lifting, as we lose our inhibition,
Celebration, it surround us, every nations, all around us

Singing forever young, singing songs underneath that sun
Lets rejoice in the beautiful game,
And together at the end of the day.
We all say

When I get older I will be stronger
They’ll call me freedom, just like a wavin’ flag
So wave your flag, now wave your flag, now wave your flag

Oooohhh, Oooooooooh wooooohh, Oooooooooh wooooohh

Give you freedom, give you fire, give you reason, take you higher
Celebration, its around us, every nations, all around us

We all say

Now wave your flag (4x)

Oohhoooohh Woooh Ohohooooh Wooohoooh

We all say
Now wave your flag (4x)

Oooooh woowoo ooh Wooo ooohh ooohoh
And everybody will be singing it
And we all will be singing it

Watch the music video

Chale's blog  •  Previous  •  Next  •  ShareThis  •  Save
Waving Flag Spanish remix
Submitted by Anonymous on Mon, 2010-03-22 23:21.
Name: Waving Flag
Artist:K´naan n David Bisbal

Waving Flag Naija remix
Submitted by Chale on Mon, 2010-03-22 23:22.
Nigerian Remix of the Official 2010 World Cup Song.
K'Naan featuring MI (Mister Incredible) and Banky W

Congratulations K’Naan!
Submitted by urMusicShan (not verified) on Fri, 2010-03-26 21:45.
Congratulations on Juno Awards nomination K’Naan! Heads up! urMusic is giving away tix to the show, plus airfare for 2 and more! Find info at http://www.facebook.com/urmusic
Keep the music live! urMusic Shan

Greek Mix - Wavin' Flag
Submitted by pandelis (not verified) on Mon, 2010-04-19 12:16.
K'Naan feat. Professional Sinnerz & Komis X - Wavin' Flag

-- Sent on a phone using
Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Fri, 2010-05-07 06:39.
--
Sent on a phone using T9space.com

I believe it's "celebration;
Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Sat, 2010-05-08 19:15.
I believe it's "celebration; it surrounds us." You have written "celebration; it's around us." That's what I hear, at least.

it surrounds us indeed
Submitted by Chale on Tue, 2010-05-11 00:22.
thanks for the correction, the post has been edited

love the song, can't wait for the world cup

-- Sent on a phone using
Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Mon, 2010-05-17 05:39.
--
Sent on a phone using T9space.com

K'naan & Nancy Ajram- Waving Flag - Arabic
Submitted by Chale on Tue, 2010-05-18 00:20.
K'naan & Nancy Ajram- Waving Flag::World Cup 2010
Arbaic Version

Nancy Ajram is from Lebanon

I LOOOOOVE THIS SONG
Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Wed, 2010-05-19 15:25.
I LOOOOOVE THIS SONG SOOOOOOOO MUCH

Re: K'naan's 'wave Your Flag' Vs Akon's 'oh Africa' by 2busy: 10:41am On Jun 14, 2010
Nice Ringing Tone  tongue embarassed

We all say
We all say
Now wave your flag (4x)
We all say
Now wave your flag (4x)
Courtesy: Coca Cola – Sponsors
Re: K'naan's 'wave Your Flag' Vs Akon's 'oh Africa' by pheesayor(m): 11:31am On Jun 14, 2010
IMO waving flag is it for me. In as much as it was not intended for the world cup, the wave your flag part and the "africanity" of the song qualified it for a world cup hosted on African soil.

With Nigerian remix, canadian and american remixes. What more can one say, waving flag is it. , probably reason why coca-cola adopted it for their world cup campaign
Re: K'naan's 'wave Your Flag' Vs Akon's 'oh Africa' by steve49ja(m): 11:36am On Jun 14, 2010
How come Nas' - Strong will continue with damian marley aint on da list?
Re: K'naan's 'wave Your Flag' Vs Akon's 'oh Africa' by favouredjb(f): 12:16pm On Jun 14, 2010
K'naan n shakira's waka waka all d way

dt freshly ground babe(d SA babe dt featured in waka waka ) has a very nice voice
Re: K'naan's 'wave Your Flag' Vs Akon's 'oh Africa' by Ranoscky(m): 3:57pm On Jun 14, 2010
Shakira said it's tyme for africa. R.Kelly has given us D sign of victory, while K'naan is waving D flag, so go Africa!
Re: K'naan's 'wave Your Flag' Vs Akon's 'oh Africa' by desthan(m): 6:34pm On Jun 14, 2010
whatever the Zap ever, ka'aan rocks anytime cool
Re: K'naan's 'wave Your Flag' Vs Akon's 'oh Africa' by PupetMasta(m): 9:09pm On Jun 14, 2010
Wave your flag is the bomb mehn. Always looking forward to see that Coca Cola advert
Re: K'naan's 'wave Your Flag' Vs Akon's 'oh Africa' by MikeLarry(m): 11:16pm On Jun 15, 2010
waving flag, its not even close grin grin
Re: K'naan's 'wave Your Flag' Vs Akon's 'oh Africa' by kobikwelu(m): 12:44am On Jun 16, 2010
[b]
Nice Ringing Tone

We all say
We all say
Now wave your flag (4x)
We all say
Now wave your flag (4x)
Courtesy: Coca Cola – Sponsors
[/b]

as ur name suggest, U ARE REALLY BUSY,

advice: NEVER QUIT YOUR DAY JOB
Re: K'naan's 'wave Your Flag' Vs Akon's 'oh Africa' by damilola15: 3:45pm On Jun 16, 2010
for me wave your flag really rocks.
Re: K'naan's 'wave Your Flag' Vs Akon's 'oh Africa' by damilola15: 4:02pm On Jun 16, 2010
slap1:

wave your flag gives me goose bumps, what a perfect song! clearly not a song u need to listen to twice to appreciate; just once.
Couldn't agree with you more.
Re: K'naan's 'wave Your Flag' Vs Akon's 'oh Africa' by mohawkchic(f): 4:01am On Jun 17, 2010
shilling:

Yeah, my cousins who were born in Bauchi Nigeria taught me that song. So, it was really weird, cos I heard it the first time and I was singing along already.

Even my Sierra Leonan friend knows it!

~Everyone who knws the original is pleasantly surprised when they hear the song. .
Re: K'naan's 'wave Your Flag' Vs Akon's 'oh Africa' by mohawkchic(f): 4:03am On Jun 17, 2010
mukina2:

This!!
K'naan's song gets you in the mood, its uplifting, i almost jumped into the TV when i watched him perform  at the concert.
haba you should ask if  i was too old grin it was popular, remember we used to dance to it standing like soldiers grin pushing our tummies in front grin

~Here was me thinking "Am i that old!!"

~I know you're knee deep in the world cup games! Enjoy wave your flag while you at it!
Re: K'naan's 'wave Your Flag' Vs Akon's 'oh Africa' by Nobody: 4:07am On Jun 17, 2010
mukina2:

This!!
So mukina is this old. And here I thought she was a young chick. Now I know she could be my grandma sef grin grin

I coulda sworn that that song come out when my mom was in primary school. shocked
Re: K'naan's 'wave Your Flag' Vs Akon's 'oh Africa' by Ranoscky(m): 7:13am On Jun 17, 2010
Rano walks in. . . .D topic is a bit bored. . . . .Rano walks out singing young jeezy - my president is black!
Re: K'naan's 'wave Your Flag' Vs Akon's 'oh Africa' by davidif: 7:04pm On Jun 18, 2010
R. Kelly's song has been designated as the official world cup anthem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4k46ZTmBQo&feature=player_embedded#!
Re: K'naan's 'wave Your Flag' Vs Akon's 'oh Africa' by rockyfela(m): 7:26pm On Jun 18, 2010
Definitely K'naan's waving flag. I dislike the Akon's version.
Re: K'naan's 'wave Your Flag' Vs Akon's 'oh Africa' by ochallo: 1:14pm On Jun 19, 2010
waka waka sold far more copies in the us.
Re: K'naan's 'wave Your Flag' Vs Akon's 'oh Africa' by mukina2: 1:27pm On Jun 19, 2010
mohawkchic:

~Here was me thinking "Am i that old!!"

~I know you're knee deep in the world cup games! Enjoy wave your flag while you at it!

grin grin grin grin grin

FL Gators:

So mukina is this old. And here I thought she was a young chick. Now I know she could be my grandma sef grin grin

I coulda sworn that that song come out when my mom was in primary school. shocked
I am 49 this year grin grin
berra start calling me auntie angry grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Brymo Leaves Chocolate City / Dr. SID Ft. Don Jazzy - Surulere / 'Expressions': Styl-plus New Album

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.