Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,242 members, 7,907,406 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 09:44 AM

Should I Be Straightforward Or Neutral With Him. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Be Straightforward Or Neutral With Him. (1249 Views)

My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? / She Says I'm Too Straightforward / Why Can't Men Be Straightforward With Girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Be Straightforward Or Neutral With Him. by gracious(f): 4:23am On Mar 26, 2007
what should I talk about on my first date . should I say my views whom I am , advantages are that , the guy would have an idea of whom he's talking to, disadvantages are he may alter his behavior just to suit mine. so can I be real , or just be neutral to get a feel of what the other party is thinking.
I dunno , u tell me.
Re: Should I Be Straightforward Or Neutral With Him. by ikamefa(f): 4:29am On Mar 26, 2007
i say be real ,be your self no faking nuffin,( if some one is like that with me, i tend to appreciate peeps like that more) , with time you are going to get to know who he really is, it take too much time and energy to be fake and pretend to be who you are not!

my 2 cents oh! smiley
Re: Should I Be Straightforward Or Neutral With Him. by gracious(f): 4:42am On Mar 26, 2007
I guess that is more than 2 cents. gracias
Re: Should I Be Straightforward Or Neutral With Him. by bluenubian(f): 5:32am On Mar 26, 2007
the good thing about a first date is that it prolly the only chance u gonna get for him to see the true YOU. say whatever u feel like saying, be a lady and goof around if u want to. have fun!
Re: Should I Be Straightforward Or Neutral With Him. by cuteass1(f): 7:09am On Mar 26, 2007
Yea, i agree with my sistas

be yourself wink why?? because that's who you are best at being,

when you start faking you get all nervous so as not to deviate from the person you're trying to be, you don't even get to enjoy yourself sad

the worst part of it is that if the guy gets attracted to your "fake character", it might be difficult for him to love the real you.

yourself/the real you rocks cheesy
Re: Should I Be Straightforward Or Neutral With Him. by ugodaniel(m): 8:03am On Mar 26, 2007
Hi Gracious,

When you are out on a date the guy wouldnt want to hear you brag about how great you are. He wouldnt be there if he didn’t already think there was at least one thing special about you. Don’t blow it by trying to spell it out for them. Give information if it is asked for depending on wat exactly. Be forthcoming with stories about yourself if it is appropriate but don’t dominate the conversation with your fables of greatness.

Your behavior can set the tone and mood of the evening. Behave like the perfect lady that i believe you are. Be a lady. Expect him to open the door for you, give you his attention, pay for the meal but, treat him with all the respect that he is showing you in doing these things. It is a mutual effort. Give him your attention. Make him feel like a man. Really all it takes is respect and appreciation for who he is. These things are easy and can make the date.

After all said, Good Luck! wink wink wink
Re: Should I Be Straightforward Or Neutral With Him. by iice(f): 2:56pm On Mar 26, 2007
Why fake anyone? Do you not anticipate the horrified look on his/her face when they see that you are not what you claim to be? Setting oneself up for heartbreak, confusion and depression. Ok am trailing into a darker zone. . . .

Like others have said before, Be yourself, less stress, less lies, less manipulations, more you cheesy
I do give em my mind the first day, i don't have time to be beating round the bush, if you can't take my crap bounce and goodluck (and i mean that sincerely) on the next babe. Easy, simple and time-saving. But please do what you're most comfortable doing and not try to be someone else - in effect Be yourself.
Re: Should I Be Straightforward Or Neutral With Him. by ugodaniel(m): 3:03pm On Mar 26, 2007
'nuff said cheesy
Re: Should I Be Straightforward Or Neutral With Him. by Tobiegal(f): 3:24pm On Mar 26, 2007
yep, enof said,

go ahead now n lets get d feedback on how d date went

gudluck wink
Re: Should I Be Straightforward Or Neutral With Him. by gracious(f): 2:49am On Mar 27, 2007
thanks guys . iice, you hit the nail in the tommy. good one. good one Ugo daniel and the rest of y'all . thanks a bunch. now its left for me not just to be a reader but a doer.
cheerios
Re: Should I Be Straightforward Or Neutral With Him. by ugodaniel(m): 8:54am On Mar 27, 2007
Cheers and all da best grin

(1) (Reply)

She Says She Loves Me But I Do Not Want A Relationship Now / Will You Marry A Crossdresser / Deflowering The Flower Minded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.