Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,388 members, 7,881,402 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:46 PM

What Does Your Vehicle Manufacturer Say? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Does Your Vehicle Manufacturer Say? (3083 Views)

Nigeria’s Vehicle Manufacturer Innoson Set To Produce Electric Cars / How To Survive If Your Vehicle Is Sinking Into A River Or Sea / Innoson Is Not The Only Vehicle Manufacturer In Nigeria. See The Others (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does Your Vehicle Manufacturer Say? by Inception(m): 1:55pm On Jul 12, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Nigerian 1st owner strayed from the light.

using heavier oil weights does repairable damage to your engine long term.

There might be a buildup of sludge.

Engine would need an overhaul.

That engine will always short synthetic oil 5w20.

You can try other variants of synthetic oil to see if they would work. Start with 0w40 or 5w40 or 15w40. If you get good results, next oil change try 5w30. if it works, stick with it.

Long term Full synthetic engine oil will provide better protection to your engine.

The Oil control rings are shot.
This was typical of that generation of K24 engines due to long intervals of oil changes
Only option is to replace rings or replace engine.
No oil is seen from exhaust because catalyst is still present in car.
Engine will still burn 20w50 oil weight, but much more slowly.
for me that is the oil weight i will recommend for such a car to avoid stories that touch
Catalyst of said car is on its way out.
Re: What Does Your Vehicle Manufacturer Say? by evilspirit: 3:27pm On Jul 12, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

That's Uncle 32urd grin
dru23
Re: What Does Your Vehicle Manufacturer Say? by SteveUg(m): 3:37pm On Jul 12, 2018
Good afternoon bros gazzuzz, A friend of mine recently bought Lexus 330 Nigerian use though, but I asked him some question and observed he has used mobile xhp oil for service twice but he changes d oil under 2000-3000km..
Car is over 100000miles and he was advice by a mechanic not to use mobile1 (5w30).. The koko now is DAT I was able to convince him that 5w30 is d ideal oil for his car and he has agreed to switch to that but what oil should he start wt and how many miles/km should he check the oil to know if it burns or not before he completely switches to d manufacturer recommended oil.
2: how much is the oil u will advice him to use , I will be the one to come n buy from u as our autopapa[b]Good afternoon bros gazzuzz, A friend of mine recently bought Lexus 330 Nigerian use though, but I asked him some question and observed he has used mobile xhp oil for service twice but he changes d oil under 2000-3000km..
Car is over 100000miles and he was advice by a mechanic not to use mobile1 (5w30).. The koko now is DAT I was able to convince him that 5w30 is d ideal oil for his car and he has agreed to switch to that but what oil should he start wt and how many miles/km should he check the oil to know if it burns or not before he completely switches to d manufacturer recommended oil.
2: how much is the oil u will advice him to use , I will be the one to come n buy from u as our autopapa[/b]Good afternoon bros gazzuzz, A friend of mine recently bought Lexus 330 Nigerian use though, but I asked him some question and observed he has used mobile xhp oil for service twice but he changes d oil under 2000-3000km..
Car is over 100000miles and he was advice by a mechanic not to use mobile1 (5w30).. The koko now is DAT I was able to convince him that 5w30 is d ideal oil for his car and he has agreed to switch to that but what oil should he start wt and how many miles/km should he check the oil to know if it burns or not before he completely switches to d manufacturer recommended oil
2: how much is the oil u will advice him to use , I will be the one to come n buy from u as our Autopapa.
3. He said d car overheated recently, but he has changed his radiator to new radiator, hasn't driven d car yet to know if the car would continue overheat, but if it does what do u advice he would do to eradicate the overheating problem.
4: what coolant would u advice he uses
5. May God bless Oga Gazzuzz for His advice. #smile#
please bros, y do mechanics advice ppl to use d ordinary oil on cars that are over 100000miles?
Re: What Does Your Vehicle Manufacturer Say? by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:42pm On Jul 12, 2018
SteveUg:
Good afternoon bros gazzuzz, A friend of mine recently bought Lexus 330 Nigerian use though, but I asked him some question and observed he has used mobile xhp oil for service twice but he changes d oil under 2000-3000km..
2: how much is the oil u will advice him to use , I will be the one to come n buy from u as our autopapa[b]Good afternoon bros gazzuzz, A friend of mine recently bought Lexus 330 Nigerian use though, but I asked him some question and observed he has used mobile xhp oil for service twice but he changes d oil under 2000-3000km..
2: how much is the oil u will advice him to use , I will be the one to come n buy from u as our autopapa[/b]Good afternoon bros gazzuzz, A friend of mine recently bought Lexus 330 Nigerian use though, but I asked him some question and observed he has used mobile xhp oil for service twice but he changes d oil under 2000-3000km..
Car is over 100000miles and he was advice by a mechanic not to use mobile1 (5w30).. The koko now is DAT I was able to convince him that 5w30 is d ideal oil for his car and he has agreed to switch to that but what oil should he start wt and how many miles/km should he check the oil to know if it burns or not before he completely switches to d manufacturer recommended oil
2: how much is the oil u will advice him to use , I will be the one to come n buy from u as our Autopapa.
3. He said d car overheated recently, but he has changed his radiator to new radiator, hasn't driven d car yet to know if the car would continue overheat, but if it does what do u advice he would do to eradicate the overheating problem.
4: what coolant would u advice he uses
5. May God bless Oga Gazzuzz for His advice. #smile#
please bros, y do mechanics advice ppl to use d ordinary oil on cars that are over 100000miles?

Change to 5w30, it should be fine. 2gr-fe has a very sturdy build.
Re: What Does Your Vehicle Manufacturer Say? by minority84(m): 2:18am On Jul 18, 2018
Oga Gazzuzz, abeg I need ur advice on the following car models.
I intend putting it up for uber/taxify... want to buy 2......

Honda city 08
Kia rio 07
Hyundai elantra 08

Area of concern

.maintainance and repairs,
gas mileage
durability
.cost of purchase
Engine/trans cost incase of replacement
Relative advantages of these models over each other

All considerations for AUTOMATIC &MANUAL GEAR drive

Thanks boss in advance

(1) (2) (Reply)

Has My Camry 2007 Engine Finally Knocked? / 2009 Corolla Tranny Issue......Solved / Between Manual And Auto: Which Is Better

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.