Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,741 members, 7,875,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:39 PM

Why Sanusi's New Policy Will Destroy Yahoo Yahoo - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Sanusi's New Policy Will Destroy Yahoo Yahoo (1183 Views)

How New Cash Reserve Policy Will Breed Corruption, By Expert / CBN Introduces New Policy On Dormant Accounts / A Sample Of Sanusi New 200 Naira Note (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Sanusi's New Policy Will Destroy Yahoo Yahoo by grandstar(m): 12:13pm On Jun 11, 2010
There is a new policy from the Central Bank stating one can only receive money through Western Union or any money transfer with a bank account.

That means you must have an account with the bank you are withdrawing money with.

If you do not have an account with the bank, you can't withdraw money hoha!

In my bank today, I was told they turned back a Yahoo boy who had a bank account but wanted to use a different name to withdraw WU. His request was declined!

Its great and I hope more strngent policies will be introduced.

Whats your view?
Re: Why Sanusi's New Policy Will Destroy Yahoo Yahoo by kosovo(m): 4:39pm On Jun 11, 2010
it's rather late, some other means would be discovered,, u can never underestimate the thinking faculty of these yahoo boys
Re: Why Sanusi's New Policy Will Destroy Yahoo Yahoo by Spyker: 6:08pm On Jun 11, 2010
In as much as the yahoo boys have been succeeding in the past with the collaboration of some bankers, then this move won't survive their tactics. I always say that only a greedy man falls for yahoo-yahoo and sometimes, it soothes them well. The only thing that bothers me now is that they (Yahoo-yahoo boys) give the country a bad name and a bad image.
Re: Why Sanusi's New Policy Will Destroy Yahoo Yahoo by 080Nigeria(m): 3:57pm On Jun 15, 2010
I don't think the policy will destroy Yahoo Yahoo. But I do think it's commendable that he is trying to do something. Yahoo Yahoo is costing us more (as a nation and as individuals who want to do genuine business on the internet) than we know.
Re: Why Sanusi's New Policy Will Destroy Yahoo Yahoo by ucyz09: 4:59pm On Jun 15, 2010
grandstar:

There is a new policy from the Central Bank stating one can only receive money through Western Union or any money transfer with a bank account.

That means you must have an account with the bank you are withdrawing money with.

If you do not have an account with the bank, you can't withdraw money hoha!

In my bank today, I was told they turned back a Yahoo boy who had a bank account but wanted to use a different name to withdraw WU. His request was declined!

Its great and I hope more strngent policies will be introduced.

Whats your view?

It is step in the right direction but we need tougher laws in order to redeem our battered image. If only the bankers will comply because some of the bank staff are allies of these fraudsters. EFCC should be up and doing.
Re: Why Sanusi's New Policy Will Destroy Yahoo Yahoo by obojo(m): 1:30am On Jun 16, 2010
IT dosent make sense,  where does that leave vacationers that my be stranded and need urgent money,  or people dat use banks dat dont have western union function, It kinda kills d point of d whole instant cash thing,  and trust me, this is Nigeria, im sure d   yahoo boys have already found a way, This will just result in d mass creation of bank accounts with fictitious names and details.

(1) (Reply)

Where can I get Animal Fat? / Bullet Proof Vest Needed Urgently / 2012 New Season Fashion Women Dresses! Wholesale From China & Tax-free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.