Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,371 members, 7,888,212 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:47 PM

The #gates In The Life Of President Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The #gates In The Life Of President Buhari (509 Views)

Adamu Garba Compares Self To Bill Gates In Response To Being Expelled From KUST / Lagos State Government Removes Unapproved Street Gates In Lekki / MASSOB: Don’t Build Toll Gates In South-East Else We Will Dismantle It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The #gates In The Life Of President Buhari by OfficialAPCNig: 8:50pm On Jul 11, 2018
For lazy yoots, the suffix gate is one embellished in a name or noun to suggest a far reaching scandal in politics or government.

The Government of PMB have got it's own share of #gates, arguably the highest in the history of our young republic.

So find below, The Gates in the Life of PMB

#CBNGate

The first thing I will say here is that our own FLOFRN was implicated.

You heard me right, our FLOTUS was implicated.

The gate was opened during Forex scarcity era. It was alleged that senior members of the government were the restricted buying dollars from CBN at below the official price and selling at exorbitant prices thereby driving the price high.

It was alleged that the FLOFRN acquired forex worth over 28 million USD.

This "round-tripping rent seeking madness" was ended when Ifeanyi Uba threatened to expose the Gaters.

One tweet I will never forget was this:

"The #CBNGate is the litmus test to PBM anti-corruption mantra".

Unfortunately, was gate was never acted upon.

Corruption Fighting Indeed

#FIRSGate

Who still remember about this #gate?

For those that forgot, it was the scandalous secret recruitment of all the wards or children of the Senior members of this government into FIRS.

PMB was implicated in the gate. His nephew was allegedly recruited into the FIRS through the back door.

Till now, no head rolled.

Corruption Fighting Corruption.

#LawalGate

This gate was opened by Bashir Lawal, former SGF?

He is the infamous Millionaire Grass Cutter. He was also alleged to have collected bribe in the tune of 500 Million Naira from MTN to lobby for the reduction in their fine.

Though the man was fired after public outcry, but till now, no prosecution.

Sai Corruption Fighters

#MainaGate

The Mother of All Gates

If you have not heard of this gate then you are not a Nigerian.

But for the sake of non-Nigeria, this Mother Gate was opened by Maina, the former Pension Task Force boss.

He was fired for sharp practices and arraigned by the former administration. He absconded and went on exile.

But under this administration...

Sorry, I can't continue, I will not come and embarrase my country.

Corruption Fighting My Foot

#NNPCGate

In this gate, something happened to our 25 Billion USD.

Someone on his sick bed approved a contract worth about that amount even though he had already transmitted the power to do that to his immediate subordinate.

In effect rendering the said contract invalid. But no head rolled. This is Nigeria.

They should bring back our due process, joor

#AdeOsun

I prefer #OluwoleGate or better still #KemiGate. It sounds sexier.

We are still waiting for this gate to unfold fully. It is alleged that Madam Finance Minister forged her NYSC exemption certificate.

The said certificate bears the signature of a dead man. Smart guys. For their deluded mind "No loose end"

Unfortunately, Miss Karma was at one corner smiling while Mr Oluwole hides under the bed doing his "thing".

Anyway, till now "We have Nothing to Say- Lai"

Forgers-In-Chief

These are the #Gates I could remember, it is now on you to help grow the list.

#NeverAgain #GetYourPVC

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The #gates In The Life Of President Buhari by madridguy(m): 8:53pm On Jul 11, 2018
Add Fayose Gate grin grin grin

#50 per post wailer
Re: The #gates In The Life Of President Buhari by madridguy(m): 8:56pm On Jul 11, 2018
OfficialAPCNig:

[s]
For lazy yoots, the suffix gate is one embellished in a name or noun to suggest a far reaching scandal in politics or government.

The Government of PMB have got it's own share of #gates, arguably the highest in the history of our young republic.

So find below, The Gates in the Life of PMB

#CBNGate

The first thing I will say here is that our own FLOFRN was implicated.

You heard me right, our FLOTUS was implicated.

The gate was opened during Forex scarcity era. It was alleged that senior members of the government were the restricted buying dollars from CBN at below the official price and selling at exorbitant prices thereby driving the price high.

It was alleged that the FLOFRN acquired forex worth over 28 million USD.

This "round-tripping rent seeking madness" was ended when Ifeanyi Uba threatened to expose the Gaters.

One tweet I will never forget was this:

"The #CBNGate is the litmus test to PBM anti-corruption mantra".

Unfortunately, was gate was never acted upon.

Corruption Fighting Indeed

#FIRSGate

Who still remember about this #gate?

For those that forgot, it was the scandalous secret recruitment of all the wards or children of the Senior members of this government into FIRS.

PMB was implicated in the gate. His nephew was allegedly recruited into the FIRS through the back door.

Till now, no head rolled.

Corruption Fighting Corruption.

#LawalGate

This gate was opened by Bashir Lawal, former SGF?

He is the infamous Millionaire Grass Cutter. He was also alleged to have collected bribe in the tune of 500 Million Naira from MTN to lobby for the reduction in their fine.

Though the man was fired after public outcry, but till now, no prosecution.

Sai Corruption Fighters

#MainaGate

The Mother of All Gates

If you have not heard of this gate then you are not a Nigerian.

But for the sake of non-Nigeria, this Mother Gate was opened by Maina, the former Pension Task Force boss.

He was fired for sharp practices and arraigned by the former administration. He absconded and went on exile.

But under this administration...

Sorry, I can't continue, I will not come and embarrase my country.

Corruption Fighting My Foot

#NNPCGate

In this gate, something happened to our 25 Billion USD.

Someone on his sick bed approved a contract worth about that amount even though he had already transmitted the power to do that to his immediate subordinate.

In effect rendering the said contract invalid. But no head rolled. This is Nigeria.

They should bring back our due process, joor

#AdeOsun

I prefer #OluwoleGate or better still #KemiGate. It sounds sexier.

We are still waiting for this gate to unfold fully. It is alleged that Madam Finance Minister forged her NYSC exemption certificate.

The said certificate bears the signature of a dead man. Smart guys. For their deluded mind "No loose end"

Unfortunately, Miss Karma was at one corner smiling while Mr Oluwole hides under the bed doing his "thing".

Anyway, till now "We have Nothing to Say- Lai"

Forgers-In-Chief

These are the #Gates I could remember, it is now on you to help grow the list.

#NeverAgain #GetYourPVC[/s]
Re: The #gates In The Life Of President Buhari by OfficialAPCNig: 9:22pm On Jul 11, 2018
madridguy:

Defender of the Corrupt.
Well done, Karma will cook soup for you soon.
Re: The #gates In The Life Of President Buhari by OfficialAPCNig: 9:25pm On Jul 11, 2018
madridguy:
Add Fayose Gate grin grin grin
#50 per post wailer
Is that what BMC pay?
I thought it is 30k per month. Hunger don finish you be that nah!
Re: The #gates In The Life Of President Buhari by madridguy(m): 9:28pm On Jul 11, 2018
Fayose and PDP are enjoying the soup cooked by Karma already shocked abi you're still infant in 2014?

OfficialAPCNig:

Defender of the Corrupt.

Well done, Karma will cook soup for you soon.

(1) (Reply)

Why Jonathan Government Didn’t Save Despite Oil Boom – Okonjo-iweala / Ekiti Politics: H.E. Fayose And H.E. Eleka / I Didn’t Get A Kobo From Tibunu, Aregbesola For Ekiti Primary —segun Oni, Forme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.