Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,198 members, 7,884,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 05:11 AM

For Queen And Country - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / For Queen And Country (221 Views)

From City Lights To Country Nights: Finding Harmony With Town And Country Furnis / DISGRACED Ex-beauty Queen And Ex-wife Of Fani-kayode Docked For Attempted Murder / Nigeria Most Pretty Queen And Nigeria Choice Award Is Set To Hold This December (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

For Queen And Country by laiza(m): 9:19am On Jul 12, 2018
The #WorldCup has come and it's about rounding up till another four years. We have seen the victors and victims. We have seen spectacular performances and we have seen those who let us down.
Without mincing words I undoubtedly believed #Russia2018 would be lifted by #England. I don't know why but I had the feeling #FIFA knowingly handed them "arranged matches". From the group stage down to the semis. #England were the architect of their own misfortune. If only they had maintained the "status quo" they would have beaten #Croatia hands down even with just that lone goal, it would have been enough to secure them a place in the finals and there's no final like #France vs #England, the cup would have been won for the Queen and Country, even if #France have to field a practically weak team against #England. 
I believe countries like #Argentina, #Portugal, #Egypt and #Brazil would have learn from their mistakes of depending too much on a "lone wolf" to steer you to victory. In a competition where you could have a good defence and stable midfield and even better attacks and still lose the game, case study was #Belgiun vs #France. 
That being said I honestly don't think #England could ever win the world cup ever again or perform remotely as they had in this tournament so far.
Now we are looking at at a showdown between #Croatia, one of the best teams in this tournament against the second best team #France has ever being and blend ton put together since 1998. As it stands I am rooting for #Croatia but may the best men win.

(1) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Will Score Freely At Juventus F.C. – Allegri. / Is Yerry Mina Close To Barcelona Exit? / EFCC Not Working For Any Political Party, Politician – Magu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.