Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,698 members, 7,965,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 05:43 PM

What NYSC Is Planning To Tell Nigerians On Kemi Adeosun’s Certificate Scandal. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What NYSC Is Planning To Tell Nigerians On Kemi Adeosun’s Certificate Scandal. (532 Views)

Ali Baba Speaks On Kemi Adeosun’s Resignation Saga Over NYSC Certificate Scandal / NYSC Speaks On Kemi Adeosun’s Certificate Scandal / Presidency Awaits Briefing On Kemi Adeosun’s NYSC Certificate Forgery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What NYSC Is Planning To Tell Nigerians On Kemi Adeosun’s Certificate Scandal. by yelanst(m): 9:27pm On Jul 12, 2018
After telling Nigerians on Monday that the finance minister, Kemi Adeosun, applied for the National Youth Service Corps’ Exemption Certificate, the Corps are perfecting a plan to issue another statement absolving the minister of any blame in the certificate forgery scandal, PREMIUM TIMES has learnt.

A source within the agency told this newspaper that there is severe pressure to exonerate Mrs Adeosun at any cost.

“Part of the plot, they’ve done the first part which is to claim that by their records they have seen that she applied,” said the source whose identity is protected to avoid victimisation.

“Now the next thing is they will now say is that from their records, the woman applied genuinely and that certificate was issued to her. But that who issued it to her is something they have not determined.

“But that definitely, it cannot be the woman’s fault because when she applied properly and it was issued to her, she had no way of knowing whether it was fake or genuine.”

More than five days after PREMIUM TIMES exposed how Mrs Adeosun obtained a forged NYSC Exemption Certificate, the Corps only response had been a 49-word statement.

On Monday evening, the Corps replied, saying the minister did apply for it and that it would “investigate the origin of the purported Exemption Certificate in question.”

This newspaper, however, maintains that the NYSC never issued any certificate to Mrs Adeosun because its reporter spent a lot of time going through the Corps’ register of people who had been issued certificates.

“They are pretending now to say they are investigating,” our source continued.

“So they will now say that they have set up an internal investigation to find out who issued the certificate to her within their system and that heads will roll when their investigation is concluded.

“They might say they want to determine whether it was issued to the woman by either staff who are still in employment or staff who have left.

“But they have exonerated the woman to say that ‘look, it’s not her fault, that she applied properly,’ whereas it’s a lie. They don’t even apply for certificates and she never applied to the NYSC and she was never issued one.”

When contacted on Thursday for an update on their investigation and on the alleged cover-up, Adenike Adeyemi, NYSC’s director of press and public relations, declined to comment.

“There is no update. When there is, we’ll get back to you,” Ms Adeyemi told PREMIUM TIMES.

“I don’t know where you learnt that (the cover-up) so I can’t comment on it, I have told you that we have sent out our release. You have it. You have reported on it separately and as at date there is no update. When there is, I’ll definitely get back to you.”

Mrs Adeosun is yet to respond to the allegations.

Speaking to Channels Television’s breakfast programme on Wednesday, Anthony Ani, a retired director at the NYSC, said it was impossible for the agency to issue an Exemption Certificate to anyone who graduated before the age of 30.

Asked on Thursday if it was possible for someone in the NYSC to issue a certificate without the Corps’ knowledge, Mr Ani said he had already “put the records straight.”

“I took time explaining our process yesterday (on Channels TV), how can you be saying that one person can issue… If you people had listened to me… I made an important submission, I said NYSC as an organisation and you people are just juggling the DG, the officers there, you people know they are civil servants. I’m talking because I’m retired,” said Mr Ani.

“I said that NYSC cannot make that type of mistake, it is not possible and you people are… what else do you people need?

“I went further to tell you… because when we discovered that we were having fake camps, fake corpers, fake call-up letters and so on, we set up a committee and we found out that the thing was massive. Even at Area 10 in Abuja, because as we were investigating we involved SSS people, one of the people printing the certificates was a disabled person.”

Mr Ani said it was possible for people to have been misled in the past by persons impersonating NYSC officials due to misinformation.

“A clerk can claim to do what an MD cannot do,” he said.

“What I tried to do yesterday was to put the records straight about the process of NYSC, as somebody who was in mobilisation, you must pass through the process.”

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/275931-what-nysc-is-planning-to-tell-nigerians-on-kemi-adeosuns-certificate-scandal-official.html

Exactly my thought!

1 Like

Re: What NYSC Is Planning To Tell Nigerians On Kemi Adeosun’s Certificate Scandal. by funnynation(m): 9:28pm On Jul 12, 2018
Long write up
Re: What NYSC Is Planning To Tell Nigerians On Kemi Adeosun’s Certificate Scandal. by lawalosky(m): 9:37pm On Jul 12, 2018
all this just to swift this jail offence under carpet. had it been it was ekweremadu and Co. sorry for my country

1 Like

Re: What NYSC Is Planning To Tell Nigerians On Kemi Adeosun’s Certificate Scandal. by yelanst(m): 9:42pm On Jul 12, 2018
I thought as much! The woman will be craftily exonerated and thereafter you will see her dancing shoki like one of the other certificate forger (Dino Malaye) who was also craftily exonerated in the recent past. The most annoying part is that some zombies in this platform whom the status quo had made perennially and irredeemably wretched will come here in drove singing her praises, and that ends the matter. Nigeria is deeply rooted and founded on corruption. The level of corruption under this administration is endemic and second to none, with the pretentious moronic and illiterate herdsman (Buhari) championing the course, while some zombies, idio.ts and fools on this platform lend their full support.
Re: What NYSC Is Planning To Tell Nigerians On Kemi Adeosun’s Certificate Scandal. by yelanst(m): 9:52pm On Jul 12, 2018
You see, the zombies and idi.ots I was talking about have started arriving!
funnynation:
Long write up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What NYSC Is Planning To Tell Nigerians On Kemi Adeosun’s Certificate Scandal. by oshe11: 10:00pm On Jul 12, 2018
Yet One old fool said he is fighting what he can not even pronounce properly
Re: What NYSC Is Planning To Tell Nigerians On Kemi Adeosun’s Certificate Scandal. by funnynation(m): 10:26pm On Jul 12, 2018
yelanst:
You see, the zombies and idi.ots I was talking about have started arriving!

You think I will insult you? No! I have good background. I represent tribe and nation
Re: What NYSC Is Planning To Tell Nigerians On Kemi Adeosun’s Certificate Scandal. by BAILMONEY: 10:36pm On Jul 12, 2018
LETS SEE WHAT SUFFERSTICATED MUSLIM MO.RON WILL SAY ABOUT THISsad
Re: What NYSC Is Planning To Tell Nigerians On Kemi Adeosun’s Certificate Scandal. by dodelight(m): 10:44pm On Jul 12, 2018
Following...
Re: What NYSC Is Planning To Tell Nigerians On Kemi Adeosun’s Certificate Scandal. by NigeriaIsDoomed: 10:54pm On Jul 12, 2018
She must go to jail for forgery. I wish she knew the implication of working with a forged certificate as the finance minister.

(1) (Reply)

Patriotic 130 Year Old Woman Comes To Vote In Ekiti State Election. / 2019: Pastor Okotie Ask APC, PDP To Adopt Him As Presidential Candidate / Prophet Prophecies On APGA Party Chances In 2019 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.