Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,703 members, 7,921,524 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 07:52 AM

How Messi Competition Sent Ronaldo To Juventus, Ending His Career. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Messi Competition Sent Ronaldo To Juventus, Ending His Career. (2629 Views)

Sergio Ramos: Messi Names Player Who Made Him ‘most Angry’ In His Career / "The One Mistake Ronaldo Made In His Career" - Carlo Ancelotti / What Ronaldo’s Move To Juventus Will Do To Barcelona’s Messi – Ciro Ferrara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Messi Competition Sent Ronaldo To Juventus, Ending His Career. by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 14, 2018
Right from his Manchester United days Ronaldo has been competing with Messi. Whenever Messi was asked about Ronaldo, he would say while Ronaldo is a brilliant player, he sees no competition between the two of them and that he(Messi) only wants to surpass himself. But the case is different whenever Ronaldo is asked. Whenever Ronaldo is asked the same question, his reply is he wants to be the best in the world.

His competition with Messi, which made him come to the best team in the world Real Madrid, has reaped dividends as Ronaldo has won the same number of Ballons D'Or as Messi. However, this same competition has taken its toll as Ronaldo has been bundled to Juventus by Real Madrid.

Messi's wage in Barcelona far exceeds that of Ronaldo in Real Madrid and this was a slap on Ronaldo's face in one aspect of the competition. In a bid to compete with Messi, Ronaldo wanted his wage increased and expressed his displeasure towards the media after their Champions League win, a thing that did not sit down well with Perez, the president of Real Madrid.

On many occasions, Ronaldo expressed his displeasure but Real Madrid were not going to bulge as they felt Ronaldo was way too old to merit any astronomical increase in wage.

Real Madrid decided to see his back as he was becoming too demanding as a result of his competition with Messi.

This is the story of how Ronaldo's competition with Messi led to his descent!

Lalasticlala
Dominique
Mynd44

Re: How Messi Competition Sent Ronaldo To Juventus, Ending His Career. by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 14, 2018
Healthy competition.
Re: How Messi Competition Sent Ronaldo To Juventus, Ending His Career. by dayowunmi(m): 12:06pm On Jul 14, 2018
Messi competition sent Ronaldo to Italy? What arrant nonsense! Who's the current world best? Guess who's won the champions league 3 times in a row and broken the scoring records? Messi who? Ronaldo has conquered England by winning World best there, conquered Spain and Europe for Madrid and Portugal respectively winning multiple BalonDor in the process. He's headed to see if he can conquer Italy as well. Messi has been winning Laliga, Ronaldo has been winning Champions leagues! Which is more important?

7 Likes

Re: How Messi Competition Sent Ronaldo To Juventus, Ending His Career. by babakb: 12:55pm On Jul 14, 2018
Its too late to bad mouth or bring down Cr7, The records are there.

3 Likes

Re: How Messi Competition Sent Ronaldo To Juventus, Ending His Career. by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 14, 2018
dayowunmi:
Messi competition sent Ronaldo to Italy? What arrant nonsense! Who's the current world best? Guess who's won the champions league 3 times in a row and broken the scoring records? Messi who? Ronaldo has conquered England by winning World best there, conquered Spain and Europe for Madrid and Portugal respectively winning multiple BalonDor in the process. He's headed to see if he can conquer Italy as well. Messi has been winning Laliga, Ronaldo has been winning Champions leagues! Which is more important?
Ronaldo did not go to Italy because he wanted to conquer Italy. He went to Italy because he wasn't valued anymore in Real Madrid. And this is because he became too demanding as a result of his competition with Messi.

Meanwhile, Ronaldo is on a different path, that of being pushed to leave, and that's something much more far reaching than his purchase price.

He is leaving Madrid when his real dream was to retire in the all white.

Ronaldo feels as though Madrid have been ignoring him as they look for a successor and just waiting for him to disappear and retire.
While Ronaldo was winning the Champions League and the Ballon d'Or, Madrid were thinking about Neymar as a replacement. The Portuguese was even being compared to the eternal number nine, Di Stefano but inside the club he considered that he was just looked at as having a big ego.
After the Cardiff win, Ronaldo received a call from Florentino Perez were he was promised a new deal that never came
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2018/07/07/5b3fadaee5fdea113e8b4653.html

2 Likes

Re: How Messi Competition Sent Ronaldo To Juventus, Ending His Career. by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 14, 2018
babakb:
Its too late to bad mouth or bring down Cr7, The records are there.
Ronaldo was no more valued that was why he was bundled to Italy.
Re: How Messi Competition Sent Ronaldo To Juventus, Ending His Career. by XaviDayo(m): 1:08pm On Jul 14, 2018
dayowunmi:

La Liga. Lmao
Re: How Messi Competition Sent Ronaldo To Juventus, Ending His Career. by dayowunmi(m): 1:18pm On Jul 14, 2018
Highbrow:

Ronaldo did not go to Italy because he wanted to conquer Italy. He went to Italy because he wasn't valued anymore in Real Madrid. And this is because he became too demanding as a result of his competition with Messi.

Meanwhile, Ronaldo is on a different path, that of being pushed to leave, and that's something much more far reaching than his purchase price.

Ronaldo feels as though Madrid have been ignoring him as they look for a successor and just waiting for him to disappear and retire.
While Ronaldo was winning the Champions League and the Ballon d'Or, Madrid were thinking about Neymar as a replacement. The Portuguese was even being compared to the eternal number nine, Di Stefano but inside the club he considered that he was just looked at as having a big ego.
After the Cardiff win, Ronaldo received a call from Florentino Perez were he was promised a new deal that never came
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2018/07/07/5b3fadaee5fdea113e8b4653.html
How funny! You speak as though you were the players agent. He received a call bla bla bla, he's not being valued? Bla bla bla How about the tax authorities hounding him a factor which is a big factor in his quest to leave Spain according to Skysports? Anyone attuned to the football World knows for certain Marca is not a credible news as it is pro Barcelona. "his real dream was to retire in all white". Hehehehe Sounds like a routine statement every player makes at a new club! If you attach any such importance to that statement as a football fan! We shouldn't even be having an argument here.

1 Like

Re: How Messi Competition Sent Ronaldo To Juventus, Ending His Career. by chiboy1116: 1:48pm On Jul 14, 2018
dayowunmi:

How funny! You speak as though you were the players agent. He received a call bla bla bla, he's not being valued? Bla bla bla How about the tax authorities hounding him a factor which is a big factor in his quest to leave Spain according to Skysports? Anyone attuned to the football World knows for certain Marca is not a credible news as it is pro Barcelona. "his real dream was to retire in all white". Hehehehe Sounds like a routine statement every player makes at a new club! If you attach any such importance to that statement as a football fan! We shouldn't even be having an argument here.
Marca is Madrid based man

1 Like

Re: How Messi Competition Sent Ronaldo To Juventus, Ending His Career. by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 14, 2018
chiboy1116:
Marca is Madrid based man
Don't mind him. He doesn't even have points.
Re: How Messi Competition Sent Ronaldo To Juventus, Ending His Career. by Tajbol4splend(m): 2:00pm On Jul 14, 2018
If not that nowadays POTY Award is a function of highest goalscorer and not the best team player and contributor, Eden Hazard is a far better player than CR7

2 Likes

Re: How Messi Competition Sent Ronaldo To Juventus, Ending His Career. by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 14, 2018
Tajbol4splend:
If not that nowadays POTY Award is a function of highest goalscorer and not the best team player and contributor, Eden Hazard is a far better player than CR7

Haa, Hazard of all people

You must be kidding cheesy
Re: How Messi Competition Sent Ronaldo To Juventus, Ending His Career. by aroundnaija: 2:24pm On Jul 14, 2018
Tajbol4splend:

How stupid can u be? undecided
Re: How Messi Competition Sent Ronaldo To Juventus, Ending His Career. by Tajbol4splend(m): 2:37pm On Jul 14, 2018
aroundnaija:

How stupid can u be? undecided

I bet you are one of those football spectators
Re: How Messi Competition Sent Ronaldo To Juventus, Ending His Career. by Tajbol4splend(m): 2:42pm On Jul 14, 2018
In fact I'm a kid, Ronaldo can't do anything than to wait inside the box to receive the hard labour of Marcelo, Modric and Isco and the fools say he's the POTY, the award has no value as it used to

lokomilo:

Haa, Hazard of all people

You must be kidding cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Messi Competition Sent Ronaldo To Juventus, Ending His Career. by carammel(f): 4:48pm On Jul 14, 2018
There's something I noticed about Messi's fans, they always badmouth Ronaldo, they don't ever acknowledge his achievements, they can never hype Messi without mentioning Ronaldo, they hate him.
Meanwhile, majority of Ronaldo's fans still talk good about Messi, they hype Ronaldo and often acknowledge Messi's achievements.

Cr7 is everything,a god in soccer, no matter what any Messi fan- atic thinks.

2 Likes

Re: How Messi Competition Sent Ronaldo To Juventus, Ending His Career. by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jul 14, 2018
carammel:
There's something I noticed about Messi's fans, they always badmouth Ronaldo, they don't ever acknowledge his achievements, they can never hype Messi without mentioning Ronaldo, they hate him.
Meanwhile, majority of Ronaldo's fans still talk good about Messi, they hype Ronaldo and often acknowledge Messi's achievements.

Cr7 is everything,a god in soccer, no matter what any Messi fan- atic thinks.
This assertion is a figment of your imagination. This assertion of yours shows how uninformed you are or, perhaps, how emotional you are.
Re: How Messi Competition Sent Ronaldo To Juventus, Ending His Career. by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 14, 2018
Highbrow:

This is total rubbish

Ronaldo chose to leave Madrid , he instructed his agent to start talks with Juve because he knew due to his age and the fact that he has won everythingthere is to win in Spain hence seeking more challenges, something Messi runs away from

Please stop typing nonsesme

1 Like

Re: How Messi Competition Sent Ronaldo To Juventus, Ending His Career. by Airhuncho(m): 7:58pm On Jul 14, 2018
Hi, i'm ronaldo...i just wait in the box for Marcelo n co to do all the work, then i score a tap in n headlines will read " ronaldo saves the day"

If u know the truth u knw the truth, scoring tap ins was the only way he cud keep up with messi, he dulled he's dribbling totally n focused on cheap goals, he dribbling is terrible...u watch he's matches, he's hardly involved..just waiting somewhere for ball to score. Unfortunately, dats the kind of g.o.a.t some ppl like. Good only at tap ins!

hazard is a far better player.

1 Like

Re: How Messi Competition Sent Ronaldo To Juventus, Ending His Career. by Airhuncho(m): 8:07pm On Jul 14, 2018
Lordlestat:

This is total rubbish

Ronaldo chose to leave Madrid , he instructed his agent to start talks with Juve because he knew due to his age and the fact that he has won everythingthere is to win in Spain hence seeking more challenges, something Messi runs away from

Please stop typing nonsesme

The same messi obsession he has, spurred he's transfer...he always wants to be on par with he's daddy....Argentina faced challenges qualifying for wc buh he's hat trick took them to russia, barca faced challenges last szn, he ended up with the most goals, most assists, most dribbles, most chances created.....At this juncture, i'm like " wah challenge has he eva run from?

i guess this is wah u get from simpletons.
Re: How Messi Competition Sent Ronaldo To Juventus, Ending His Career. by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 14, 2018
Airhuncho:

The same messi obsession he has, spurred he's transfer...he always wants to be on par with he's daddy....Argentina faced challenges qualifying for wc buh he's hat trick took them to russia, barca faced challenges last szn, he ended up with the most goals, most assists, most dribbles, most chances created.....At this juncture, i'm like " wah challenge has he eva run from?

i guess this is wah u get from simpletons.

Don't use words you don't fully understand just to sound intelligent, you might short circuit your brain ,nigga

You sound like a Burt hurt Messi fanboy who cries Everytime Messi misses out on some major milestone grin

I suggest you worry less about Ronaldo whose achievements so far will ecplose all you will achieve till you leave this Earth and.most like those to come through you too.

No one in your circle will be remembered as Ronaldo will and that says it all
So focus on those whom you can actually contest with like maybe your classmates ?

Ronaldo has achieved what can you say for yourself? Oh I forgot at least you commented here so maybe in your world that counts for something grin
Re: How Messi Competition Sent Ronaldo To Juventus, Ending His Career. by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 14, 2018
Highbrow:

This is stupid. Ronaldo was disgraced out of Real Madrid. Open the link and read. This foolish thing you typed shows you don't read.

You indeed are a dotard

Ronaldo was disgraced? grin

I stated a simple fact

Ronaldo and Messi has achieved far more than you or anyone in your clan will ever achieve to you all pass away from this Earth , but you feel it is your purgative to abuse Ronaldo? ..Ronaldo is the most successful footballer of his generation with Messi w close second
What can you say for yourself? Absolutely nothing yet you want us to listen to your made up stories of a disgrace Ronaldo? grin from someone who an barely feed properly? grin
Re: How Messi Competition Sent Ronaldo To Juventus, Ending His Career. by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jul 14, 2018
Highbrow:

Mad boy.
Ronaldo has achieved more than your entire wretched generation has and ever will.

Fool could not even provide a link to his claim that Ronaldo wasn't bundled out of Real Madrid.

Foolish, mad boy you are.

Plus, you're way too unintelligent for me to have a conversation with you! Your writing is so poor that I feel like throwing up! Did you finish high school education at all?

Foolish illiterate.

Is this the best you can do?

You had nothing to comeback with but to quote my own comments back at me?

I state again, no one in your family will ever achieve what Messi & Ronaldo have, nor will your kids be remembered as these men, so stop spitting thick saliva due to hunger that is driving you insane clearly and start working hard at improving your life.

Ronaldo has done the best a human can do with his talents do something meaningful with yours.

Please be aware that commenting on nairaland romance section will not get you a job or feed your illegitimate kids start planning your tomorrow today

Now go to bed and think hard on this
Re: How Messi Competition Sent Ronaldo To Juventus, Ending His Career. by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jul 14, 2018
Highbrow:

Foolishness runs in your family. You're just an illiterate with no proficiency in writing nor knowledge.

Again you sound extremely unintelligent and very bitter due to hunger and deprivation

Re: How Messi Competition Sent Ronaldo To Juventus, Ending His Career. by babakb: 6:38am On Jul 15, 2018
Tajbol4splend:
In fact I'm a kid, Ronaldo can't do anything than to wait inside the box to receive the hard labour of Marcelo, Modric and Isco and the fools say he's the POTY, the award has no value as it used to

So critics now give credit to modric, isco, kroos and marcelo for Cr7 achievement. yet Cr7 has more assists than these guys in UCL and Laliga, in fact Cr7 has highest assists in UCL history, highest in real Madrid history and 2nd highest assists in laliga history.

Re: How Messi Competition Sent Ronaldo To Juventus, Ending His Career. by BiafranDel: 6:53am On Jul 15, 2018
Ronaldo is a man who has dominated the world of football. He came, he saw, he conquered.
From Sporting Lisbon to Manchester united to Real Madrid and now to Juventus. He has done it all. Talk more about all-round success. Who can compare to what this great man has achieved. He did it for his clubs and did it for his nation.
No matter how much you try to hate him, Ronaldo still finds a way to disappoint you. Deal with that!

Greatest of all time! That is who he is and that is who he will forever be! Lord, please make me a Ronaldo in my choosen career.

From having a failing heart condition at the age of 15 to becoming the greatest footballer to have ever graced the game of soccer.
Please tell me again why you want to quit just because of that little problem you have now. If Ronaldo did it, you can do it! Never give up!
Please give it up for Cristiano Ronaldo Dos Santos Aveiro the Greatest of All Time
I rest my case Haters over to you. .

1 Like

Re: How Messi Competition Sent Ronaldo To Juventus, Ending His Career. by BiafranDel: 7:07am On Jul 15, 2018
haters everywhere. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Ronaldo gave them nightmares and sleepless nights at madrid. Even now that he has left. He is still giving them fire. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Haters relax. . . Alright? The best of ronaldo is yet to come. Just relax and be patient.

From euro 2016 to champions league 2016 to 2017 to 2018. Every final was a motherfvcking hit.

Hahahahahahahaha
Haters keep hating.

Ronaldo keeps getting the achievement and records.

[b] please give it up for Cristiano Ronaldo Dos Santos Aveiro the greatest of all time. The one and only goat.

Haters relax. Ronaldo will be ready to give you guys more pain and heartattacks next season.

Hahahahaha haters everywhere.

The way the midget fans talk about ronaldo, lol we the fans of ororo dont talk about the midget because he is a failure who has achieved nothing for his nation.

A lazy player who is scared of challenges for that reason he wants to die at barca.
Bye haters. Hahaha

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osaze Odemwingie Gets An Impersonator On Twitter / Between Messi, Neymar And Cavani. ...caption This Properly. / Chelsea Signs Ngolo Kante's Brother (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.