Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,140 members, 7,949,930 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 11:49 PM

Top 8 Discontinued Cars Nigerians Are Really Going To Miss. (PHOTOS) - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Top 8 Discontinued Cars Nigerians Are Really Going To Miss. (PHOTOS) (59957 Views)

These Are Top 8 Things That Will Drain Your Car Battery / Top 8 Common Car Facts That Are Actually Not True / Meet “Toyota 86”: The Amazing Toyota Nigerians Are Yet To Discover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 8 Discontinued Cars Nigerians Are Really Going To Miss. (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 14, 2018
But why discontinue production of Toyota Venza, I like that car really.
Re: Top 8 Discontinued Cars Nigerians Are Really Going To Miss. (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 14, 2018
Clentuzbaba:
Most painful is this beetle I already promised my gf
You can still assure her with another car tongue.
Re: Top 8 Discontinued Cars Nigerians Are Really Going To Miss. (PHOTOS) by kastrovic001(m): 7:50pm On Jul 14, 2018
I never liked the Honda Element. I'll so miss Cross Tour was a crazy car
Re: Top 8 Discontinued Cars Nigerians Are Really Going To Miss. (PHOTOS) by dickoflife(m): 8:50pm On Jul 14, 2018
Emmafe:
Cool rides

Unlocked Brand New and Used S9 plus avalible. Check my profile.
how much for s8+ and s9+
Re: Top 8 Discontinued Cars Nigerians Are Really Going To Miss. (PHOTOS) by TechCapon(m): 9:15pm On Jul 14, 2018
kokomaster3d:
TechCapon help review this website abeg www.yakata.com.ng. i have been using it to sell phones for the past 3 months. I like their courage and hardwork
very nice and responsive site. Why not use OLX? Some of the prices are fictitious. Imagine iPhone 6S going for 65k undecided
Re: Top 8 Discontinued Cars Nigerians Are Really Going To Miss. (PHOTOS) by kokomaster3d: 9:43pm On Jul 14, 2018
TechCapon:
very nice and responsive site. Why not use OLX? Some of the prices are fictitious. Imagine iPhone 6S going for 65k undecided

Thanks bro. I think its a new classified site. But because its made in Naija, I want to promote and encourage them. Hopefully they can compete with olx and jiji. Even olx and the like are full of scammers. I think they will improve with time.
Re: Top 8 Discontinued Cars Nigerians Are Really Going To Miss. (PHOTOS) by MrMakaveli20(m): 9:44pm On Jul 14, 2018
alezzy13:
The most surprising is Toyota matrix.

Quite surprised to see that it had so many issues. I know one or two person who own one and they all boast about its ruggedness
I'm surprised too. I own one and I can vouch for it anytime anyday . that's one rugged and durable car
Re: Top 8 Discontinued Cars Nigerians Are Really Going To Miss. (PHOTOS) by Rick9(m): 10:55pm On Jul 14, 2018
Crosstour shocked
Nooooooooook cry cry cry

I never liked venza anyway
Re: Top 8 Discontinued Cars Nigerians Are Really Going To Miss. (PHOTOS) by lyner(m): 11:40pm On Jul 14, 2018
TechCapon:
5. HYUNDAI VERACRUZ (2006-2012)

The Hyundai Veracruz died and its brother the HYUNDAI SANTA-FE took over the mantle. However this car was larger and more spacious than the Santa FE and Nigerian loved it. It’s not as powerful as the FJ Cruiser but it still holds its own in the committee of SUVs. The Veracruz was only available in two models during its six year run: the base GLS and the luxurious Limited, in Front Wheel Drive or All Wheel Drive configurations.

Autopsy report

Poor sales is the main reason it was continued.

6. HONDA ELEMENT (2002-2011)

This car was made popular in by the Nollywood industry because at a time they seem to be using it in most of their movies. The car made its debut in 2002 and everyone fell in love with its SUICIDE DOORS. In 2007, the Honda Element won the Dogcars.com’s “Dog Car of the Year” award. In Nigeria it is seen as a ladies car. It is still a very nice car and it is still running strong on the Nigerian road.

Autopsy report

Honda executives blamed the Element’s demise on a variety of factors: competition from similar vehicles offered by other manufacturers, rivalry within the automaker’s own product line, and a dwindling market share for SUVs overall.

7. HONDA CROSS TOUR (2010-2015)

One of the most flashy cars on the Nigerian road the Honda Crosstour (initially branded the Accord Crosstour) is a mid-size crossover SUV manufactured by Japanese automaker Honda. Sales began in November 2009 for the 2010 model year, and was discontinued for the 2016 model year due to slow sales, along with the Element (which was discontinued in the second year of the Crosstour). Nigerians still love this car despite the fact it was expensive and doesn’t perform too well. I guess it’s because of the appearance. This car will be very much missed in Nigeria. In terms of luxury, this car competes with Toyota Venza which is also a dead car.

Autopsy report of course, Lol

Poor sales is the main reason for the death of this car. Funny enough the Honda CRV made more sales and more money than this car so there’s no reason to continue it. I guess HONDA CRV also contributed in killing off its brother.

8. VOLKSWAGEN CC (2008-2017)

This premium German product is a perfect example of a well built, streamlined car, quite expensive and has a coupe-like silhouette with a choice of four- and six-cylinder engines and features optional 4Motion all-wheel-drive. A VW spokesman said there’s no word yet on a replacement but outside Canada it will be succeeded by the new Arteon, which has similar lines but also offers hatchback utility. The car is very low to the ground which makes it not good for Nigeria roads. This has not stopped Nigerians from buying it and they’re still buying it till today. Lol. The car is directly related to the PASSAT model and is one of the lowest selling Volkswagen cars ever.

Autopsy report

Very low to the ground and poor sales is the reason this lovely sports looking car was killed by Volkswagen. Like I said earlier, it was one of the lowest selling car ever in the Volkswagen lineup.

Do you know other discontinued cars Nigerians will really miss? Tell us in the comment section.

SOURCE:https://techcapon.com/top-8-discontinued-cars-nigerians-are-really-going-to-miss/

L
nice

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Discontinued Cars Nigerians Are Really Going To Miss. (PHOTOS) by Magnumproperty: 12:25am On Jul 15, 2018
Toyota Echo isn't in your list
Re: Top 8 Discontinued Cars Nigerians Are Really Going To Miss. (PHOTOS) by brainycalc18: 9:28am On Jul 15, 2018
Please don't throw away the Toyota Venza. I'll come and do everything for anybody that owns it to get the car. I've so loves that car from day one up till date.
Re: Top 8 Discontinued Cars Nigerians Are Really Going To Miss. (PHOTOS) by Jarus(m): 12:08pm On Jul 15, 2018
I didn even know they had stopped producing those cars.

Apart from the VW, every other car in the list would have made my list of most disliked cars. They are all not fine in my view.
Re: Top 8 Discontinued Cars Nigerians Are Really Going To Miss. (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 15, 2018
Jarus:
I didn even know they had stopped producing those cars.

Apart from the VW, every other car in the list would have made my list of most disliked cars. They are all not fine in my view.

The only car wet fine for Jarus eye na range rover, not so?
Re: Top 8 Discontinued Cars Nigerians Are Really Going To Miss. (PHOTOS) by Jarus(m): 2:40pm On Jul 15, 2018
oyb:

The only car wet fine for Jarus eye na range rover, not so?

Lol. True cheesy
Re: Top 8 Discontinued Cars Nigerians Are Really Going To Miss. (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 15, 2018
frowland:
What happens to that vehicles parts years later? Lets say I have Venza 2012, and by 2022, will the parts still be manufactured?
very scarce, parts will be very very scarce.
Re: Top 8 Discontinued Cars Nigerians Are Really Going To Miss. (PHOTOS) by Badb0y4lyf(m): 11:09pm On Jul 15, 2018
The Toyota Celica Production‎: ‎December 1970 – April 2006

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Discontinued Cars Nigerians Are Really Going To Miss. (PHOTOS) by Badb0y4lyf(m): 11:18pm On Jul 15, 2018
Nissan Primera which was produced by the Japanese automaker Nissan from 1990 to 2007

Re: Top 8 Discontinued Cars Nigerians Are Really Going To Miss. (PHOTOS) by Chineduogbojo95: 11:30pm On Jan 04, 2019
Re: Top 8 Discontinued Cars Nigerians Are Really Going To Miss. (PHOTOS) by Chineduogbojo95: 8:48am On Jan 05, 2019
Cars Nigerians will really miss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nic0X4bdm90

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 10 Cars Built For Nigerian Roads / Look At How Someone Converted A Mercedes Benz To A Rolls Royce (photo) / Interiors Of Bugatti, Lamborghini, Mercedes, Bentley. PICK ONLY ONE! (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.