Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,028 members, 7,928,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 08:36 AM

Lesson From My Giant Gift To His Excellency,rt Hon Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Lesson From My Giant Gift To His Excellency,rt Hon Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi (329 Views)

My Giant Chest Is Ruining My Life – Woman With 38KK Breasts Cries Out / Dabota Lawson Dances, Twerks For 'His Excellency'. Fans Go Gaga / Davido’s Porsche Gift To Chioma Is Second Hand & 20 Million Not N45M - Herald.Ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lesson From My Giant Gift To His Excellency,rt Hon Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi by kidap: 11:42am On Jul 16, 2018
Three years ago... It was such an amazing honor to meet with His Excellency, Rt Hon ifeanyi Ugwuanyi , Governor of Enugu State. It Was such a journey as I left Coal city to Umuopu Enuguezike where I met him at an open function. Felt so good to receive a warm handshake from such a Leader as he spoke to me in our dialect ,"Obu g'gh ser'r iyen me"? ... Lolz... a typical Nsukka man would copy that.

He was amazed and asked me to exchange my contact with his PA. It felt like I won a loto. Tho it was a whole lot of stress passing through insult and push backs from the security until I was given an opportunity to meet him. "What a victory", I thought. Yea... It was such a victory to me.... Cos I remember going to the Government house like it was my Oxygen house... Until it was resolved for me to wait him at any open function. Finally I did it at Umuopu. I mean, who wouldn't be happy. But to be honest... I kept asking myself y he didn't just sign a check or even give me something at least. .. I was already negative with the whole number exchange stuff.

Well, at least I had the number too. So I took off to see my family in Ovoko b4 I returned to the metropolis. My first regret was that I emptied my last 5000# from my acc. to make the journey.
I got back to my place and started praying for a call.... Then I started charging my phone and staring At the screen like I breath from it....
... That portrait was source of contract I got in recent time then... It was a big form of advert as I would place it boldly in front of my street. Some politicians usually would stop in front of my door to ask for the Artist and from there I got contracts worth big money. Sorry!! The portrait was no longer there.
I kept my phone on for days and no calls came in.... I figured out calling the PA cos I know how busy they are always. So I was told to wait and pray by the PA... Weeks passed and months passed.. no calls and he stopped taking mine too.

This story was exactly my experience with my former local government chairman, Ozioko festus(His own was even worse cos I told him when i gave him his portrait that I needed his assistance for my skul fees then and he stopped taking my calls. His was more painful cos he kept the portrait in his office boldly)

Back to the lesson..Well, I didn't write this to paint anyone black ... He didn't invite me in the first place . I am sure he has these portraits in hundred from people already.... ...
The lessons behind this is that I learnt never to expect anything from any one... If I had thought of the long term gain with the portrait..., by now, every eyes around Coal city would ve seen it and u know how plenty job that would bring.... Most times we just figure out a way to get it quick and put our expectations on an empty dream.... And in the end, we get heart broken for no reason.
A gift should be given with a heart to give, not to trade...
We all have plenty of things we could do to fetch us our own cash... I either work for experience or u pay dully ...
If I want to wash ur car, it's either cos u pay for it or I want to exercise my self... That's the way it should be... Any mature mind should avoid working in shadows ...
And it's a shame if u still trade ur loyalty, answering "Sir Sir Sir" around to be given a tip... U better stand up so u can walk to ur own success... Only Dogs eat from the left over

I would still vote him again for his good Jobs and I would still give him another portrait again if I had a second chance but with a heart to give this time.

Long Live Gburugburu ...Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi Governor Ugwuanyi

Long live Enugu state

lalasticlala Fynestboi MissyB3 mynd44

Re: Lesson From My Giant Gift To His Excellency,rt Hon Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi by NaijaCelebrity: 11:47am On Jul 16, 2018
lalasticlala Fynestboi MissyB3 mynd44 FP, what a story

(1) (Reply)

Wyclef Jean Pays Tribute To Late Nelson Mandela(video,photos) / Nigerians Applaud Singer Falz Over Sexual Violence Video / Tekashi 6ix9ine Posts Photo Of Xxxtentacion, Says He Felt Death Before Robbery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.