Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,347 members, 7,947,553 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 11:12 PM

How I Was Scammed By A Nigerian Pastor Ikimi Onoriode (a.ka Pastor Onos Elijah I - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Scammed By A Nigerian Pastor Ikimi Onoriode (a.ka Pastor Onos Elijah I (632 Views)

Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar / White Man In Tears, Was Scammed By Nigerian Fraudsters / Kidnappers Kill Onos Onokpoma After Paying 500K Ransom, Corpse Recovered In Bush (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Was Scammed By A Nigerian Pastor Ikimi Onoriode (a.ka Pastor Onos Elijah I by meelly: 1:25pm On Jul 16, 2018
Source: www.leezloaded.com

How I was scammed by a Nigerian P coolastor Ikimi Onoriode (a.ka Pastor Onos Elijah Ikimi), living in Houston Texas

There are scammers everywhere, in our churches, workplace, family members, and a lot of times the victims are too busy to
expose it or they just “let go”. Moving on is ok but, the only problem is, we give these scammers the effrontery to continue
what they do and they can use the same trick for other people whom we might have just saved if we have told our stories.

This is the reason why I am telling mine on this blog. Although, I have filed an official complaint against him, telling the story
was still necessary.

Here is a summary of my dealings with Ikimi Onoriode :

I am a Nigerian, but resident in the Netherlands. On one of my visits last year to a friend, Mr. Raphael who resides in
Germany, (also Nigerian), he reintroduced me to Onoriode Ikimi (Onos Elijah Ikimi), who is also Nigerian. We all lived in the
same neighbourhood in Warri as teenagers’ way back. Raphael had told me nice stories about him on how he claimed to be
rich now and just bought a car for his wife. I was impressed at the success for a fellow Warri boy. Ikimi now claims to be a
pastor running his own church, IKIMI MINISTRIES INC in Houston Texas at 14101 Walters Rd Apt 701 Houston, TX 77014-
1314. He bragged that he owns and operates a Foreign Exchange (FX) trading company also in Texas, IKIMI FINANCIALS
LLC and also carry out trading on behalf of willing investors. To back up his claims, he sent Raphael screenshots of two of
the accounts he was trading, with each portfolio worth of $220,000 and $12,000 (both fake?, let us find out). We spoke on
facetime, and he had explained that he pays his investors 60% of their capital after 40days in succession. He bragged that
the 60% is inclusive whether he makes profit or losses. Well, for an investor, it sounds like a good deal, but also too good to
be true. But I convinced myself that if he was already handling bigger portfolios then he can handle mine. I believed him, and
considering that I knew him to some extent, I decided to invest. I requested that he sent me his company’s account to send
my capital, but he sends me a PayPal account bearing his name (ikimionoriode@gmail.com) to send my money. I made a
total deposit of $5000 in two splits of USD $2250 (on 26th July 2017) and USD $2750 (on 31 July 2017). At this point, I had
not noticed what he had done.

Upon receipt of the $5000, he acknowledged receiving the money and clearly stated that he would pay-out $8000 (which is
60% as agreed) when due.

The first and only reply from Ikimi

As part of our conversation on facetime, we agreed that we would sign an agreement on our dealing. So I reminded him
after sending the cash, but to my surprise, he was kind of dicey and at the end, he refused, and gave a very cynical reason.
He complained that he could not sign any agreement with me at the moment because I had paid money into his church
account (IKIMI MINISTRIES INC) and not his business account (IKIMI FINANCIALS LLC). At this point, I suspected that he
might a fraudster because he deliberately gave me a PayPal account bearing his name but registered under the name of his
church and not his trading company. Besides what is the difference, he operated both and could easily move money from to

another. I could not understand the logic behind collecting my money through your church account for a business with your
trading account. This was the first red flag. (See chat conversation). Finally, he was able to trick me that we should proceed
but would prepare an agreement for the next trade cycle (that is after the first 40days). I still felt a bit of discomfort on how he
tricked me with the account thing and decided to look him up on the internet. I found out he is into online pastoral begging in
Texas for donations (https://twitter.com/onoriodei, https://www.gofundme.com/children-with-cancer,
https://ikimiministries.givingfuel.com/ikimi-ministries). Everything looks sketchy now. Well, money has already been sent, I
should have done this before sending and not after. Now, all I have to do is wait and see.

Read The rest @ https://www.leezloaded.com/2018/07/16/how-i-was-scammed-by-a-nigerian-pastor-ikimi-onoriode-a-ka-pastor-onos-elijah-ikimi-living-in-houston-texas/

(1) (Reply)

I’m Going To Die, God Help Me - Mom Says Before Dieing Of Cocaine Overdose / SARS KILLING:-None of Us Was killed by SARS, Vows to Sue bloggers -AAUSUG / BREAKING : Senator Dino Melaye Kidnapped By Unknown Gunmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.