Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,154 members, 7,939,639 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 09:32 AM

African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) (27635 Views)

Anambra State Witness Influx Of Babies On Jan 1st / Beautiful Black Babies! / Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by agathamari(f): 12:43am On Jul 09, 2010
the practice of carrying babies in a yyawn, back board, sarong, binding board, or wrap has been going on for thousands of years all over the world. if the child is old enough to support its own head then so be it but for the first month or so a yyawn (the burgandy fabric pic) or a binding board is a better idea then a sarong or wrap
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by SSaemoenl(m): 5:24pm On Jul 10, 2010
Though that some people never learn the essence of this thread, my main area of introducing this topic is for us to developed some of the ancient custom we tend to do in Africa, I think many will argue, but at the end, we will realise that some of our said cultures contributed to the backwardness of the continents growth. We can not linger on those customs and at the end, thinks that are a way forward for us.Eg. If not for the white man proposes using spoons, we might as well be using our hands up till now to drink garri. (what an irony) Thats keep the facts.

NB, I am not a low self-esteem being my grammar looks like primary school student I do understand and try to amends where necessary.
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by tpiah: 8:15pm On Jul 10, 2010
you've made your point.

now move on to better and more relevant issues.
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by Sissy3(f): 12:07am On Jul 11, 2010
tpiah:

you've made your point.

now move on to better and more relevant issues.

LOL grin grin grin
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by DezVienna(f): 5:02pm On Jul 14, 2010
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by chi21: 8:28pm On Jul 14, 2010
i have nothing to say
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by Ibomade1: 5:41pm On Jul 18, 2010
Nothing do them
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by maedan(f): 9:12pm On Jul 19, 2010
Just yesterday I saw one woman with a baby on her back get on the bus, and I thought of this topic grin. The wrapper was not very appealing tongue. But then I thought, who cares?? She might not have the money for a "buggy", and then again, it's easier and less of a fuss to just wrap your baby to your back and forget about him /her till you get to your destination. That way, the baby hardly cries and even dozes all through the trip, due to the steady and reassuring feeling of the warmth of its mother's back. I do think that, aside from the unsightly wrappers used, backing of the baby is a recommended style of child transportation grin grin grin grin!!!
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by chiogo(f): 3:45am On Jul 20, 2010
@Poster, go learn English first, the language of the people you so much admire.

Which abroad have you seen this? Because I've never seen it. Even if it does occur, it is a million times better than taking up all the space in public transportation(buses) with that big a/s/s push walker or whatever it's called even when the child is past the stage of using the thing and is capable of walking.
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by SSaemoenl(m): 7:33pm On Jul 21, 2010
chiogo:

@Poster, go learn English first, "the language of the people you so much admire". Meaning 

Which abroad have you seen this? Because I've never seen it. Even if it does occur, it is a million times better than taking up all the space in public transportation(buses) with that big a/s/s push walker or whatever it's called even when the child  is  past the stage of using the thing and is capable of walking.

Teacher of grammar, Don't teach me nonsense.  I belive u fail your English language(F9) as i as well did,  Fool tongue
Never see u comment in this thread, common back OFF
You can't be my DOG english teacher even,
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by chiogo(f): 12:23am On Jul 22, 2010
NEGATIVE!!!

Oops, I just posted AGAIN! Now, kill yourself.
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by THEAMAKA(f): 2:14am On Jul 22, 2010
the poster really sickens me!!! ARG!  angry
(although my memory is vague) I do remember my Mommy carrying me on her back, and I LOVED IT!!!
i used to fall asleep most times.
it is NOT primitive, its actually quite convenient.
STOP LETTING THE WHITE MAN TELL YOU WHATS RIGHT AND WHATS WRONG, HAVE A MIND OF YOUR OWN.
White is not always right.

SSaemoenl:

Teacher of grammar, Don't teach me nonsense.  I belive u fail your English language(F9) as i as well did,  Fool tongue
Never see u comment in this thread, common back OFF
You can't be my DOG english teacher even,
are you kidding me? were you serious? undecided
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by zebi76: 2:25am On Jul 22, 2010
i think carrying babies on their mothers back encourages bonding
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by zebi76: 2:29am On Jul 22, 2010
the poster really sickens me!!! ARG! 
(although my memory is vague) I do remember my Mommy carrying me on her back, and I LOVED IT!!!
STOP LETTING THE WHITE MAN TELL YOU WHATS RIGHT AND WHATS WRONG, HAVE A MIND OF YOUR OWN.
White is not always right(from amaka)

shes very right!
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by THEAMAKA(f): 2:54am On Jul 22, 2010
FUNNY POSTS!!!

Are there no psychologists/psychiatrists in the house? They would have been able to tell us that this poster probably fell from the mother's back and has not forgotten his ordeal since then.

See the dent by the side of his head--could be the reason he's posting lop-sided topics, lol

@Poster,

Since when has carrying babies become primitive?  In Africa that is how babies have been carried for millions of years.  It is the best way to carry a baby.  By the way have you ever seen a monkey carrying its baby on its back?  Monkeys carry their babies on the belies - ask anhbody who has seen them!  So it is the Oyingbo people who are living "the monkey life" not African women.

HAHAHAHA!

@zebi76
DON'T QUOTE ME.
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by SSaemoenl(m): 2:03pm On Jul 22, 2010
chiogo:

NEGATIVE!!!

Oops, I just posted AGAIN! Now, kill yourself.

I cant do u anything but remember, u're making fool of urself.

THE AMAKA:

the poster really sickens me!!! ARG!  angry
White is not always right.

are you kidding me? were you serious? undecided

U can choose that way, but, I've said my mind, all those reasons can't never be justified as necessity is the mother of invention. Change we need.  lipsrsealed

Compare and contrast both the back backing

Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by THEAMAKA(f): 7:11pm On Jul 22, 2010
the difference? Oyinbo's simply copied Africans and Asians but made a harness out of it.
besides. . . you still haven't stated your reasons why its wrong other than its "primitive" and the "dirty cloth" being used.
so. . . your point?
undecided
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by SSaemoenl(m): 8:41pm On Jul 22, 2010
We need an upgrade simple, we can't afford to live like 13th century creature. Ciao
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by THEAMAKA(f): 8:43pm On Jul 22, 2010
SSaemoenl:

We need an upgrade simple, we can't afford to live like 13th century creature. Ciao
yawn. . . . .
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jul 22, 2010
@POSTER,theres nothing bad at how the African woman carried her baby,get it into your head, i live in London and carry baby on my back,a white woman had to stop me and asked me how i tied it,and where to get the Ankara i used in tying it,i wasted no time,but to introduce her to Alhaja's shop at deptford,she bought the Ankara and carried her baby with it instantly.

so whats your problem,am sure youre one of the fake girls outthere,shioor tongue tongue
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by SSaemoenl(m): 12:03am On Jul 23, 2010
^^^ I believe you said you live in England and proudly practice that thread there, Good and fine to you if you want to maintain the same  system that keeps drawing the minds of many Africans back to the old century thing. However, I still maintain my word that most of the said cultures we maintained are the causes of our problem in terms of development, because we tend to appreciate them instead of finding another solution to replace the outdated one. We cannot develop if we continue to imply the old system in the present day life. We need to task our brains on the way out of our societal issues that keep us grounded. African arise and measure up to the certainties on ground. Nevertheless, those things we claim are our culture is because we lack the needs to move from one stand to another. Why are we not still living in the olden day's mud house as part of our lifestyle?
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by Nobody: 5:21am On Jul 23, 2010
pls go and reform yourself before reforming any reformed,loved by others culture thats an issue here,there are so many African cultures to reform but definately not "Backing a baby" tongue tongue
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by maedan(f): 11:29pm On Jul 23, 2010
SSaemoenl:

^^^ I believe you said you live in England and proudly practice that thread there, Good and fine to you if you want to maintain the same  system that keeps drawing the minds of many Africans back to the old century thing. However, I still maintain my word that most of the said cultures we maintained are the causes of our problem in terms of development, because we tend to appreciate them instead of finding another solution to replace the outdated one. We cannot develop if we continue to imply the old system in the present day life. We need to task our brains on the way out of our societal issues that keep us grounded. African arise and measure up to the certainties on ground. Nevertheless, those things we claim are our culture is because we lack the needs to move from one stand to another. Why are we not still living in the olden day's mud house as part of our lifestyle?

Come on now, we can't compare mud-huts to baby-backing! Backing of the child is a way of living, not just a culture. It is in our blood!! Doing it in public though, is a matter of choice as I have always said. And the women should use good wrapper now abeg!! LOL. It's annoying when they use one mud-coloured yeye wrapper tongue.
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by ezeagu(m): 2:56pm On Jul 24, 2010
It's not the practice any more, now they are comparing and contrasting on "Potoshop". . . . . .
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by africhika(f): 4:11pm On Jul 24, 2010

@poster, just another white-man butt kisser.
what kind of crap is this?!

zebi76 is right, carrying babies on their mothers back encourages bonding
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by lovemoi2(f): 10:09pm On Jul 24, 2010
Its obvious the poster just left his village in africa for d first time. So nw dat he has finally landed abroad after all his primitive ass went through 2 get a visa. Peeps wunt rest
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by MissToch1: 1:33pm On Jul 26, 2010
I actually feel very sorry for the poster. He comes across to me as having some form of self-hate and its sad that he does not even realise it. That's what happens when you allow the western media to dictate your own personal taste, opinion and self worth. Maybe he needs a few minutes to really think about why he has some of 'his opinions' and 'why' he has them.
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by nortyd: 11:26pm On Jul 26, 2010
hi all , im married to an ado ekiti guy im english but dont hold it against me lol
i was amazed when i visited nija and first saw babies carried on their mums backs, after seeing many mums doing this i realised that the babies todlers were so well behaved i never saw one crying or paddying smiley i spoke to my hubby about this he was telling me that babies here dont , proof positive that this is beneficial for babies.
as for dirty wrappers come on havnt you seen prams dirty and covered in crumbs lol its life
speaking of the babe asleep with its lolling head if babe wasnt happy babe would let you know soonest
i myself admire the womans fortitude here they are strong feminine and beautiful
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by SSaemoenl(m): 9:15pm On Jul 27, 2010
^^^ I dont get ur point please!
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by SSaemoenl(m): 10:19am On Oct 06, 2010
Thread officially Close!!!
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by Nobody: 6:55am On Oct 13, 2010
I actually feel very sorry for the poster. He comes across to me as having some form of self-hate and its sad that he does not even realise it. That's what happens when you allow the western media to dictate your own personal taste, opinion and self worth. Maybe he needs a few minutes to really think about why he has some of 'his opinions' and 'why' he has them.

Gbam!! such are the good qualities of the white-behind kisser. Slavery days are long gone, but many still carry the House-negro virus.

[flash=540,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znQe9nUKzvQ?fs=1&hl=en_US[/flash]

[flash=540,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRSgUTWffMQ?fs=1&hl=en_US[/flash]
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by SSaemoenl(m): 7:17pm On Oct 13, 2010
^^^

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Canada Invites Ooni To 150th Independence Anniversary / Oba Abiodun Oniru Is Dead! Toolz Father Dies / Court Restrains Oluwo Of Iwo From Presiding Over Eid Prayers, Jumat Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.