Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,170 members, 7,903,872 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 11:14 PM

What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 (33573 Views)

Reactions As SS3 Student Buys Benz / Which Mathematics Textbook Is Best For Primary School Pupils? / Which Further Mathematics Textbook Is The Best (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by doskie(m): 3:06pm On Jul 20, 2018
Optionally:
I need to know a maths txtbook i cab buy for an Ss3 student that one can easily understand and has a lot of examples in it and also covers all ss3 maths topics.
Note: The person isn't really good @ maths so we need a really txtbook that explains well with enough examples.
engineering maths by k.a stroud is very good. its the best. it takes care of the mathematics aspect of furthermaths as well as furthermaths itself. it makes the student love mathematics due to its self explanatory examples.
the aspects of general maths that is not covered in the book like: ratio, inequalities, graphs, arithmetic and geometric progression, longitude and latitude, plane and circle geometry, construction and sundry others can be learned from new general mathematics

but wait a minute, did you say ss3? is it not a little late for this kind of question?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by Edmaths: 3:35pm On Jul 20, 2018
Optionally:
I need to know a maths txtbook i cab buy for an Ss3 student that one can easily understand and has a lot of examples in it and also covers all ss3 maths topics.
Note: The person isn't really good @ maths so we need a really txtbook that explains well with enough examples.

Go and get Grade Boosters Mathematics. It's one of the best if not the best for preparing for WAEC. Get it here:
www.edmaths.com
https://www.nairaland.com/3595160/waec-maths-past-questions-solutions
Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by Femocher(m): 4:28pm On Jul 20, 2018
Optionally:

Go for Integrated Mathematics by J.R Afolabi
and Warp Essential Mathematics
Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by PropertyDeals(f): 4:45pm On Jul 20, 2018
Thank you so much.
Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by Optionally(f): 5:07pm On Jul 20, 2018
PropertyDeals:
Thank you so much.
For?
Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by sanjayphy(m): 5:09pm On Jul 20, 2018
To me, Comprehensive mathematics is the best. I bought it and studied it alone in 2004 after getting E8 in 2003 waec.
Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by Evangkatsoulis: 7:28pm On Jul 20, 2018
New general maths. Self explanatory. I got an A1.
Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by haconjy(m): 10:01pm On Jul 20, 2018
Toeyean1507:

I used to have this kinda thought until I stumbled on dis two textbooks recently HIDDEN FACTS IN SSCE AND MAN MATHS textbooks. I will implore u to check them out.
Lemme give u a preview.
Hidden facts has detailed examples that covers all external examinations in Nigeria while MAN maths is embedded with practical examples that u can easily relate to day to day activities.
I will love to hear your view on those textbooks cause I just recommended the texts for next session.
of cause you are right cause i have checked on those ones but i think for foundation level, general maths is better.....
Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by Toeyean1507(f): 10:46pm On Jul 20, 2018
haconjy:
of cause you are right cause i have checked on those ones but i think for foundation level, general maths is better.....
Ok. Thanks
Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by uniqueman(m): 12:35am On Jul 22, 2018
Optionally:
New General Mathematics. It has remained the best mathematics textbook in Nigeria and elsewhere for decades.
Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by Emmysky(m): 4:48pm On Aug 06, 2018
Cme optionally. if you know say na you get problem, You talk. You always refer a "friend" in most of your posts. The friend no sabi go bookshop ba or no no where nairaland or google dey? If u are entering ss3 and u aren't so good at maths then you refer to urself... Stop using this unknown "imaginary" friend to ask for solutions on NL cus we all know u are hiding behind a mask
Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by Optionally(f): 5:13pm On Aug 06, 2018
Emmysky:
Cme optionally. if you know say na you get problem, You talk. You always refer a "friend" in most of your posts. The friend no sabi go bookshop ba or no no where nairaland or google dey? If u are entering ss3 and u aren't so good at maths then you refer to urself... Stop using this unknown "imaginary" friend to ask for solutions on NL cus we all know u are hiding behind a mask
Not a friend its for my younger brotherangry
Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by yusman14(m): 6:08pm On Aug 06, 2018
Emmysky:
if d person says d truth u pple wil stil insult him/her
Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by Emmysky(m): 10:26am On Aug 07, 2018
Optionally:
Not a friend its for my younger brotherangry
Ehen.. Simple. Now you are more specific about the situation. Well as to your question, I do think comprehensive mathematics is more understandable but i still recommend you get him a tutor as maths even with example is hard to understand by oneself especially whn not even half good st the basics
Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by Nobody: 10:00am On May 19, 2020
Xsem:
Hidden facts in mathematics and new school mathematics
Sir, is the New School Mathematics a single book covering SS 1- SS 3 topics or I have to buy them separately?
And how good is it compared to Comprehensive Mathematics?
Good morning.

Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by jarvistano: 7:18am On Oct 21, 2021
Is Lamlard mathematics good for GRE
or what your experience and recommendations
Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by lookyzy: 8:36pm On Aug 22, 2022
[ quote]u should get these for the person....new general maths(ss1, ss2 and ss3), comprehensive mathematics, new school mathematics and also mathematics ssce past questions...do not forget to add kA Stroud engineering maths......the person should read em all and thank me later[/quote]

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by lookyzy: 8:52pm On Aug 22, 2022

I used to have this kinda thought until I stumbled on dis two textbooks recently HIDDEN FACTS IN SSCE AND MAN MATHS textbooks. I will implore u to check them out.
Lemme give u a preview.
Hidden facts has detailed examples that covers all external examinations in Nigeria while MAN maths is embedded with practical examples that u can easily relate to day to day activities.
I will
love to hear your view on those textbooks cause I just recommended the texts for next session.
Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by erjo: 9:01pm On Aug 22, 2022
Optionally:

Hidden Facts is ur best bet

Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by Esji80(m): 9:41pm On Aug 22, 2022
New General Mathematics Ss1-3

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photo: A Public Primary School In Bauchi State / Spending 4+ Years In A Nigerian Institution Is A Waste Of Time / 25 Pictures NDA Aspirants Can Relate With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.