Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,120 members, 7,887,245 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:52 AM

2face Sues Black Face For N50 Million, Claims He Didn't Write African Queen - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 2face Sues Black Face For N50 Million, Claims He Didn't Write African Queen (371 Views)

My N50 Million Donation Has Been Added – Davido / 2face Idibia Sues Blackface For N50 Million Over Writer Of 'African Queen' / See The Result I Got When I Searched For 2face, Black-face, And Faze On Google. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2face Sues Black Face For N50 Million, Claims He Didn't Write African Queen by hypemanifeanyi: 7:19am On Jul 19, 2018
Blackface Naija has for years been claiming his former bandmate 2face stole the song “African Queen” from him after their band Plantashun Boiz disbanded.

Blackface had also claimed his former bandmate stole from him the song “Let Somebody Love You.”

2Baba had in May 2017 threatened to sue Blackface Naija for defamation of character if the latter doesn’t apologize and withdraw the “false and defamatory statements.”

It seems more than a year later 2Baba is going forward with his threat.

Blackface on his Instagram shared a photo of a Writ of Summons asking him to appear in court. He wrote:

2face idibia @official2baba& his manager Efe Omorogbe @efeomorogbe Sued me for 50Million They claiming i didnt write #letsomebodyloveyou & #africanqueen n what else??
Just about time me and my #legalteamfiled for #mydefence
After which I will release my album #risingsun (defendervol2)
The feud between 2face and Black Face has lingered over the years despite efforts from different quarters to settle the misunderstanding between the artistes.

It was even suggested by most social media enthusiasts that since 2face is a more established artiste, he should have just paid Black Face off and both should move on with their lives.

Some people even cited the case of a song theft that was easily settled between Tekno and veteran singers Danfo Drivers, who claimed the singer had sampled their phrase Jogodo without their consent. The issue was swiftly addressed and quelled in no time

Source: https://www.mrifeanyisnews.com/2018/07/2face-sues-black-face-for-n50-million.html

(1) (Reply)

Photo Of The Day Anita Joseph's Hips Don't Lie! / I Have Sold Almost A Million Records – Davido | WATCH / The Luckiest Person In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.