Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,944 members, 7,919,056 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 08:25 PM

Ekiti Election: INEC Breaks Silence On ‘vote-buying, Rigging’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Election: INEC Breaks Silence On ‘vote-buying, Rigging’ (982 Views)

Osun Rerun: Police, INEC Speak On Vote-buying / Ekiti Election: INEC Chief, Zakari Demands Apology From Fayose / Ekiti Election: INEC Official Wounded By Thugs (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Election: INEC Breaks Silence On ‘vote-buying, Rigging’ by 1Ebiscoo: 9:26am On Jul 19, 2018
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Wednesday condemned the open buying of votes in the Ekiti governorship election.

This was contained in a communiqué issued after its meeting with Resident Electoral Commissioners from all the states and the Federal Capital Territory.

The communiqué was signed by the National Commissioner and Member, Information and Voter Education Committee, Mohammed Haruna.

On alleged rigging, the Commission stated that manipulation did not occur and that its headache was vote-buying.

“The Commission reviewed the conduct of the July 14 governorship election in Ekiti State and preparations for the September 22, 2018 Osun governorship election.

“It noted the satisfactory conduct of the Ekiti governorship election as attested to by both domestic and international observers, the media and other stakeholders.

“The meeting also noted with deep concern, the rising phenomenon of vote-buying during elections and restated its commitment and determination to continue to work with all stakeholders, especially the security agencies, to stem the ugly trend,” it read.

Meanwhile, Ekiti State Governor-elect, Kayode Fayemi and his deputy, Bisi Egbeyemi have received their certificates of return.

The ceremony took place at the state INEC headquarters along new Iyin Road in Ado-Ekiti.

Fayemi of the All Progressives Congress (APC) defeated his closest rival and candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Prof Kolapo Olusola.

Results released by the INEC showed that Fayemi garnered 197,459 votes to beat Olusola who polled 178,121 votes.

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/ekiti-election-inec-breaks-silence-on.html

Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Breaks Silence On ‘vote-buying, Rigging’ by sunnysnow: 9:28am On Jul 19, 2018
It's well.
Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Breaks Silence On ‘vote-buying, Rigging’ by EbukaHades10(m): 9:33am On Jul 19, 2018
B
Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Breaks Silence On ‘vote-buying, Rigging’ by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 19, 2018
Vote buying is not a free and fair election.The inec and buhari-mr-integrity should be held responsible because they are the architect of the menace for even congratulating fayemi and issued him a certificate of return over vote buying.
Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Breaks Silence On ‘vote-buying, Rigging’ by Ehiscotch(m): 9:39am On Jul 19, 2018
Funny How A Lot Of Hypocrites Want The Election Cancelled When Both Parties Engaged In 'Vote Buying'. Oh, Please, Stop Crying Over Spilt Milk. I Am Not In Support Of 'Vote Buying' But You Were Beaten At Your Own Game.
Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Breaks Silence On ‘vote-buying, Rigging’ by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 19, 2018
I thought Buhari is a saint? Let's assume he's deaf.... is he blind too? Is he not aware of what happened in Ekiti last Saturday? Fighting corruption my foot
Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Breaks Silence On ‘vote-buying, Rigging’ by Nobody: 9:42am On Jul 19, 2018
Ehiscotch:
Funny How A Lot Of Hypocrites Want The Election Cancelled When Both Parties Engaged In 'Vote Buying'. Oh, Please, Stop Crying Over Spilt Milk. I Am Not In Support Of 'Vote Buying' But You Were Beaten At Your Own Game.
PDP paid their supporters before the election while APC was paying close to the polling points. In some places, you show security agents that you voted APC and you get paid. It's crazy!

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Breaks Silence On ‘vote-buying, Rigging’ by Ehiscotch(m): 9:48am On Jul 19, 2018
TheGuyNextDoor:
PDP paid their supporters before the election while APC was paying close to the polling points. In some places, you show security agents that you voted APC and you get paid. It's crazy!
True. But both parties are guilty of the offence. PDP are popping up as saints like they abstained. I think Nigeria as degenerated to a level where you have to stoop to conquer: play dirtier and win.
Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Breaks Silence On ‘vote-buying, Rigging’ by Oblang(m): 10:01am On Jul 19, 2018
comshots:
Vote buying is not a free and fair election.The inec and buhari-mr-integrity should be held responsible because they are the architect of the menace for even congratulating fayemi and issued him a certificate of return over vote buying.

Then all elections in Nigeria can be adjudged not to be free and fair because I ve never seen any election in this country where there is no vote buying...
Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Breaks Silence On ‘vote-buying, Rigging’ by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 19, 2018
Ehiscotch:
True. But both parties are guilty of the offence. PDP are popping up as saints like they abstained. I think Nigeria as degenerated to a level where you have to stoop to conquer: play dirtier and win.
Oblang:

Then all elections in Nigeria can be adjudged not to be free and fair because I ve never seen any election in this country where there is no vote buying...
That was why buhari said he would right the wrongs of past governments during electioneering campaign.But here is he,doing even worst than them.
Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Breaks Silence On ‘vote-buying, Rigging’ by chernest2002: 10:23am On Jul 19, 2018
Apc is not corrupt but they relooted Abacha's returned loot to buy votes in Ekiti. Buhari is a failure.
Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Breaks Silence On ‘vote-buying, Rigging’ by Oblang(m): 10:25am On Jul 19, 2018
comshots:
That was why buhari said he would right the wrongs of past governments during electioneering campaign.But here is he,doing even worst than them.

Buhari can't be everywhere. Politicians will still do what they want to do..
Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Breaks Silence On ‘vote-buying, Rigging’ by Ehiscotch(m): 10:32am On Jul 19, 2018
comshots:
Did Buhari ask PDP to buy each vote for 4k? I think Buhari needs to caution and reprimand the INEC chairman too but 'vote buying' has to do with the electorates selling out their rights for 4-5k which would be worthless in little time.
Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Breaks Silence On ‘vote-buying, Rigging’ by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 19, 2018
Oblang:

Buhari can't be everywhere. Politicians will still do what they want to do..
He is aware.He should take action.
Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Breaks Silence On ‘vote-buying, Rigging’ by Realist2: 11:12am On Jul 19, 2018
Ehiscotch:

Let the wrong be corrected to serve the record straight as well as deterrent for the future.
Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Breaks Silence On ‘vote-buying, Rigging’ by Ehiscotch(m): 11:15am On Jul 19, 2018
Realist2:

Let the wrong be corrected to serve the record straight as well as deterrent for the future.
what i am saying is that the people calling for the cancellation of an election should STFU because they committed the same offence and it is because they lost at it is why they are shouting
Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Breaks Silence On ‘vote-buying, Rigging’ by buhariguy(m): 11:29am On Jul 19, 2018
comshots:
the problem with the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra is that, why not allowed only Mr stomach infrastructure to do it alone like he did in 2014.
Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Breaks Silence On ‘vote-buying, Rigging’ by Emycord: 2:06pm On Jul 19, 2018
Ehiscotch:
only two parties participated in the election ? have you been drinking too much scotch wisky?

(1) (Reply)

While They Keep Acting Movies, Pmb Keeps On Going! / Why Tinubu Disappeared On Exile In The 90s / Zainab Ahmed: MTN Sanctions Were Very Damaging For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.